Seiko in Bangkok - where to buy?

Hunting watches overseas
Trigeek

Seiko in Bangkok - where to buy?

Post by Trigeek » 23 Jul 2012 12:12

I am in Bangkok this week. Anyone has recent experience to share? Thanks.
aiken74

Re: Seiko in Bangkok - where to buy?

Post by aiken74 » 23 Jul 2012 12:41

I oso use tis reference frm WUS http://forums.watchuseek.com/f66/where-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... t-145.html b4 I wnt to BKK...

1) World Trade Centre: 4th floor. Papaya. This is actually several small adjacent stores. They have lots of Omega, GP, Rolex and I recently saw a couple of Fortis amongst others.

2) World trade Centre: On the ground floor, next to Chester?s Grill, there is a small store. They have many brands; Patek Philippe, Rolex, Breguet and more.

3) Troccadero Time has two stores in World Trade Centre on different floors. They have many brands of luxury watches. They also have a branch at Discovery Centre that has a fine selection of Oris and Seiko?s, Baume & Mercier, Tag Heuer and seems to be a bit less upmarket than their WT stores.

4) Pendulum, Peninsula Plaza (Peninsula Hotel), have a small display window inside that has 2nd hand watches. This is a luxury watch store that also has branches at World Trade Centre and Emporium Shopping Centre on Sukhumvit Road.

5) Mabunkrong Centre (MBK). You can get there by Skytrain which has certainly revolutionised travel along Sukhumvit Road in this city. Change at Siam station and take the short line to National Stadium. The elevated walkway will take you into Tokyu store, which you can exit into MBK. On the 3rd floor of MBK, towards the south side, is a small booth called Aim & Ohm where a friendly husband and wife team are authorised dealers for Oris, Seiko, Zenith, Eterna, Maurice Lacroix, Charriol, Tissot and Mido. I have bought Seiko automatics, Zenith and Oris watches here. Good discounts are offered readily. Swatch are also sold nearby. MBK has many cheap copy watches which are obviously copies after a moments inspection (Hey, this is Bangkok!). Some of them have automatic and mechanical movements. There are also several other booths on the 3rd floor close to the Tokyu department store, that have many used watches for sale.

6) Emporium Shopping Centre. Very upmarket in Bangkok and where the rich shop. Some very fine watches are available here. There is very often a watch display on the ground floor lobby or first floor. You will find most luxury brands here.

7) The Landmark (Hotel) Down the escalator from Sukhumvit Road near the Huntsman Pub. There is a shop that has many used watches as SS Seiko divers and vintage Rolex.

8) Siam Centre (enter from Siam skytrain station). Near the Piano store on the third floor there is a small used watch shop called ?Because I like it?. They have some nice wooden watch boxes. I hope that my wife will buy me one for Christmas. They have many 1970s Omega, Heuer, Breitling etc watches. They also have Zeno watches. It is at the back of the building on the 3rd or 4th floor I think.

hope tis helps... :D
Trigeek

Post by Trigeek » 23 Jul 2012 12:54

Thanks. Much appreciated.
Trigeek

Post by Trigeek » 24 Jul 2012 01:18

Went to MBK and cannot find Aim & Ohm....just to many small booths at the south end...any better directions?
mandy9

Post by mandy9 » 19 Mar 2013 20:11

You take direct route of Airport and its a shortcut :)
fireal

Post by fireal » 19 Mar 2013 22:07

any luck? im heading there end of next week
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
SleepySimon

Post by SleepySimon » 11 Sep 2013 18:34

Going BKK next week, hope I can find some good shops!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 11 Sep 2013 19:01

Wonder how is the mm300 prices there :?:
SleepySimon

Post by SleepySimon » 11 Sep 2013 22:49

chriscentro wrote:Wonder how is the mm300 prices there :?:
Hmm... Might be competitive... Hope not lower than 2500.... :x

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." ~ Sir Winston Churchill
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 11 Sep 2013 22:53

SleepySimon wrote:
chriscentro wrote:Wonder how is the mm300 prices there :?:
Hmm... Might be competitive... Hope not lower than 2500.... :x

lower does not equal better? May be you come back with one if you see it ;)
SleepySimon

Post by SleepySimon » 12 Sep 2013 07:47

chriscentro wrote:
SleepySimon wrote: Hmm... Might be competitive... Hope not lower than 2500.... :x

lower does not equal better? May be you come back with one if you see it ;)
As I might be getting before going? :p

Seamonster

Post by Seamonster » 14 Nov 2013 19:27

Thanks for the info. Great forum.
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 07 Dec 2014 17:08

Guys I'm getting my first GS, and I wonder if BKK price is cheaper/comparable with Higuchi/Seiya?

Local pricing (Singapore) is outrageous, at $2k difference it is out of question to consider getting locally. :?
yrh0413

Post by yrh0413 » 18 Jan 2015 02:32

Just to close the loop as I just returned from BKK today.

Overall Seiko and other luxury watches are priced similar or more expensive than Singapore, with exception of perhaps only NOMOS which the local pricing is cheaper than what NOMOS quoted online... And this is only due to 20% promotion going on at Siam Paragon.

Compared prices of Maurice Lacoix, Omega, Seiko (sumo and above), Grand Seiko, Orient Star... Our own skywatches offer much better pricing for those models that are available from them. To quote a few the prospex Tunas and Sumos.

Honestly the only attraction to me as a WIS are those limited edition Seikos... Saw the yellow Sumo and silver Sumo at MBK... Over double the price of normal Sumo releases, sorry I am just now crazy enough to buy those ltds