Seiko forum watch process of watch case & design

Ed.YEO

Re: Seiko forum watch process of watch case & design

Post by Ed.YEO » 25 May 2012 23:08

lunarin79 wrote:Too many options will be very diff for bros here to decide & the proj team will hv difficulties to accomodate different needs. Since base is set at a 007(or is it not?), only the dial is left next.

Best is to do just 3 designs & get a poll if needed.

:mrgreen:
Okie... i just want to clarify...
I wouldn't want to pour cold water on everybody who is currently involved with the project.
But as brudder Devil had pointed out... the response doesn't seems to be overwhelming to date. Hence i'm just pointing out what could be the possible cause to this scenario.

Since all... or should i say majority agrees that SKX007/009 had been chosen as the base, we put our focus first on the bezel which is the most prominent feature of the watch that can be seen from far. (Brudder Zeiphur can go ahead with the logo/dial design with other brudders...)

I have something in mind for ur reference, see if you agree on the options for others to choose...
1. The botak bezel as suggested by brudder Lun.
2. The indexed bezel for those who may have practical use in mind.
3. Current trend bezel like the HELIOS type with horizontally flat surface with "wide + straight cut" perimeter.

Perhaps start a poll thread, and then item by item... it will definitely takes time... but we still hv 10mths to go till the end of another forum year... or 6mths till end of this 2012. Like what brudder Ivan had mentioned, slow job makes fine produce welcomed by the others!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 25 May 2012 23:32

If this was in the initial custom list...
I straight away place deposit for 2, no question asked!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
devil00

Post by devil00 » 25 May 2012 23:42

Final proto design coming out soon guys
devil00

Post by devil00 » 26 May 2012 00:01

[quote="telepgm"][quote="kiatkiat"]As a whole watch
As a whole watch
1)devil00
2)Zhwong
3)pst666
4)Ivan
5)okies
6) Feilong108
7) yowech
8) Zeikphur
9) sawung
10) Kiatkiat
11) Cosmgraph
12) telepgm

(Dial ONLY & hands)
1) Astro2212
2) Cosmograph
3) lunarin79
4) HerzAusStahl
5) LB1981Dial& Hands)

Bump :D
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 26 May 2012 00:06

devil00 wrote:bump...
Hmm... Abaang...
The list of "interest" doesn't seems to tally with the title of the subject of the thread that clearly states watch case and design wor...
Maybe make another thread such as...
"1st SCS Forum Watch project interest- Watch in whole or other parts"?

Just my 2cts
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 26 May 2012 00:31

I also like to give a small feedback to the team as well as everybody, shall we give the project watch a name ?

As for the details, posting in the wrong thread etc... I think the team will sort that out soon, they already requested for a week to work on before more details are finalised, so guys, let's wait for it.

It's an not easy task, understand they are communicating with each other in real time, taking in multiple feedback and opinions...

I believe they don't disappoint us, don't want to pressure them too, so let's all settle down and wait for it :D
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
stepper78

Post by stepper78 » 26 May 2012 07:50

As a whole watch
1)devil00
2)Zhwong
3)pst666
4)Ivan
5)okies
6) Feilong108
7) yowech
8) Zeikphur
9) sawung
10) Kiatkiat
11) Cosmgraph
12) telepgm

Dial ONLY & hands
1) Astro2212
2) Cosmograph
3) lunarin79
4) HerzAusStahl
5) LB1981
6) Stepper78

just notice this..
devil00

Post by devil00 » 26 May 2012 13:03

Guys.. We need a confirmation of the Ppls that are ordering of the forum watch.. 1 thing to take note is for bros here who only wan dial and hands,it's a must to get the smooth chapter ring.. Please kindly update n revert so we can move to next step.. :)
LB1981

Post by LB1981 » 26 May 2012 13:36

devil00 wrote:Guys.. We need a confirmation of the Ppls that are ordering of the forum watch.. 1 thing to take note is for bros here who only wan dial and hands,it's a must to get the smooth chapter ring.. Please kindly update n revert so we can move to next step.. :)
I am ok with e arrangement. Thks devil00 bro.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 26 May 2012 14:46

devil00 wrote:Guys.. We need a confirmation of the Ppls that are ordering of the forum watch.. 1 thing to take note is for bros here who only wan dial and hands,it's a must to get the smooth chapter ring.. Please kindly update n revert so we can move to next step.. :)
Ohhhhh... Brudder... I don't know what to say...
I don't think you might understand in my previous reply

There will certainly be numbers of folks that will have interest in getting their 1st forum watch. But @ current stage, what you hv seen here, is less than 20 fellas had responded on the watch in whole. Did you wonder "Why"?
That's why i had used the keyword "options". Meaning there're still some other folks out there, who hv already seen the designs that they didn't agree because they hv different sets of requirements. Hence, we hv not come to the conclusions on how many piece we can immediately place order right now.

Certainly, i believe that you wouldn't want to close the case hastily leaving the other maybe additional 50(i guess...) potential members here ended with hates to the forum, right?

Let's takes thing slowly...

Our situation is very different from that of the international forum like WUS... where their out reach can be very... erm wide, spreading across the globe, hence their minimal ordered quantity can be as much as 100 can be secured.
But ours stays in this island. 100? Lets hope so... but if we can get 20s, we can already smile at this little acheivement liaoz...
Last edited by Ed.YEO on 26 May 2012 14:51, edited 1 time in total.
devil00

Post by devil00 » 26 May 2012 14:48

Ed.YEO wrote:
Ohhhhh... Brudder... I don't know what to say...
I don't think you might understand in my previous reply

There will certainly be numbers of folks that will have interest in getting their 1st forum watch. But @ current stage, what you hv seen here, is less than 20 fellas had responded on the watch in whole. Did you wonder "Why"?
That's why i had used the keyword "options". Meaning there're still some other folks out there, who hv already seen the designs that they didn't agree because they hv different sets of requirements. Hence, we hv not come to the conclusions on how many piece we can immediately place order right now.

Certainly, i believe that you wouldn't want to close the case hastily leaving the other maybe additional 50(i guess...) potential members here ended with hates to the forum, right?

Let's takes thing slowly...
I get where u coming from,the examples we already come out with 3 .. So kindly stay tune before finalising :D
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 26 May 2012 14:54

devil00 wrote:I get where u coming from,the examples we already come out with 3 .. So kindly stay tune before finalising :D
Muack Muack... finally... U got it.
We shall wait for the final 3 case+bezel design, then go with a poll, get the 1st 2 options, before we end with the final one!
devil00

Post by devil00 » 26 May 2012 14:57

Ed.YEO wrote:
devil00 wrote:I get where u coming from,the examples we already come out with 3 .. So kindly stay tune before finalising :D
Muack Muack... finally... U got it.
We shall wait for the final 3 case+bezel design, then go with a poll, get the 1st 2 options, before we end with the final one!
Wahhahahaha.. All a long I know Le..u over sexcited :D
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 26 May 2012 19:07

Ah bui support u lah...i anytng u just count me in
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 26 May 2012 19:16

Astro2212 wrote:Ah bui support u lah...i anytng u just count me in
If that is the case, I support u.
That means, I support u, u support him, he support......????? Okay, never mind. I just support okay.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 26 May 2012 19:22

ivan wrote:
Astro2212 wrote:Ah bui support u lah...i anytng u just count me in
That means, I support u, u support him, he support......????? Okay, never mind. I just support okay.
怎么感觉起来有一点guai'guai的?
devil00

Post by devil00 » 26 May 2012 19:24

Ed.YEO wrote:
ivan wrote:
p

怎么感觉起来有一点guai'guai的?
New age sensitive man spotted... Channel 5 lei bro.. Here not all Chinese :D
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 26 May 2012 19:28

Ed.YEO wrote:
ivan wrote:
怎么感觉起来有一点guai'guai的?
Translate:-

How come the sentence feel strange strange one?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 26 May 2012 19:30

I mean those words... You support me. I support u. All support together, all happy... Sounds weird ley... If we say this in a toilet... What kind of picture will that be? Hmmmm....
triton

Post by triton » 26 May 2012 19:30

i am not sure if it is relevant for me to share my experience with another forum in doing something similar.

with another forum, what i did was to do the dial only, leave the rest to the buyers of the dial.

the more options you give users, the more complicated it is.

what i feel is most important is that the owner and the team to decide in order of importance.
  • dial design
    which movement
    which watch model
why dial first? because once the dial design is firm, isolate the model(s) that can be chosen. once there is a list of model(s), then the watch model can be decided.

once the dial, movement and watch model is identified, you let users decide if they want to buy dial + hands(if applicable) only or complete set.

this way, those who want other watch model can go source on their own. those who prefer complete set can buy the set.
give users 2 options. simple. now there is too many variables. some asking model, some asking movement, ......

think this process is easier.

my 2 cents worth.

no disrespect to forum owner, team doing the forum project watch.

if i offended anyone, please accept my sincere apologises.