Help with Vpost...

General chit chat and off topics
glenchen68

Help with Vpost...

Post by glenchen68 » 05 May 2011 21:36

i need help with a purchase of a watch over Amazon....

i wrote to Amazon expressing interest to buy it. They replied that they are just a provider of the online platform for so called "Amazon Merchants" to peddle their goods. The caveat here is that Amazon does not make it mandatory that all their merchants ship overseas, so I am stuck.

heard that SingPost offers a forwarding service from the States to SGP, called VPost to tackle shipping issues like these...

has anyone tried it here, and care to share how's it done? If VPost is doable, any info on rates involved?

thanks/cheers
sinner1974

Re: Help with Vpost...

Post by sinner1974 » 06 May 2011 07:54

I used comgateway. Work like vpost, but i think the rate is slightly cheaper.

roughtly How it work is once u sign up vpost or comgateway, they will give you a usa address. U ordered from amazon. Fill in the us address given, paid the us local shipping fee (if there is) and the watch. Inform comgateway or vpost about the purchase and its done.

There are informations about shipping cost in comgatway and vpost.
Not expansive lah since watch is small in size
oonik

Help with Vpost...

Post by oonik » 06 May 2011 10:39

Vpost got their own base rate cost at S$13 flat,plus the item weight u wanna ship to s'pore, it's good for MO or die die u wanna get the item that can't ship direct to s'pore and this is good for alternative route.IMO. But take note; once u ship to Vpost add, u must immediately let them noted if not the base rate cost will charge u accordingly due to they store for u, they can stored the item for 2 wks only after that base rate will b more than S$13... Hope it help.... Refer to singpost if u got doubt it explain every step...
glenchen68

Post by glenchen68 » 06 May 2011 21:36

yo, appreciate and thanks for both your replies. :)

i now have an idea how shipping is done when online vendor excludes shipping to SGP....

cheers
ruzmidah

Post by ruzmidah » 06 May 2011 22:53

I haved used comgateway for US and Vpost for UK and Japan...

I must say comgateway is much more responsive in their replies and cheaper.
I have quite bad experience with Vpost....
sinner1974

Post by sinner1974 » 07 May 2011 08:32

haha same here. after using comgateway, never go back to vpost liao