Your opinion on SCS forum.

General chit chat and off topics
MeePokMan

Re: Your opinion on SCS forum.

Post by MeePokMan » 18 Sep 2012 14:45

Market Place Reputation Feedback Section Rules - 2012-01-21
by roo7 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 am

Here's where members can post their feedback for good deals and sellers.

For any potential bad deals, please try to resolve the problem offline before posting as it will serve as a bad record for future reference.

Any further buy/sell dispute can be posted here, all posts here will be not allowed to be deleted or modified, so please exercise caution in your replies.

Rules:
- Personal information should not be posted here without masking for privacy.
- Please post your own personal feedback and not somebody else.

All posts and replies shall be subjected to approval before it gets published.
Dear Moderators.

I hardly post complains, feedbacks in the feedback section. Today i have something to share about my encounter in the feedback section. Only realised the rule on all posts and replies shall be subjected to approval before it gets published. :shock:

I have nothing against the above rule if a new thread is posted and it shall be subjected to approval before it gets published.
IF i merely post a simple reply (one liner) to another forummer in the same thread which had already gotten approval, then the rest of my reply also require the moderators to approve? doesn't that make the moderators busy to click on the button?

i think is not necessary. just my humble opinion.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 18 Sep 2012 15:00

MeePokMan wrote:
Market Place Reputation Feedback Section Rules - 2012-01-21
by roo7 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:38 am

Here's where members can post their feedback for good deals and sellers.

For any potential bad deals, please try to resolve the problem offline before posting as it will serve as a bad record for future reference.

Any further buy/sell dispute can be posted here, all posts here will be not allowed to be deleted or modified, so please exercise caution in your replies.

Rules:
- Personal information should not be posted here without masking for privacy.
- Please post your own personal feedback and not somebody else.

All posts and replies shall be subjected to approval before it gets published.
Dear Moderators.

I hardly post complains, feedbacks in the feedback section. Today i have something to share about my encounter in the feedback section. Only realised the rule on all posts and replies shall be subjected to approval before it gets published. :shock:

I have nothing against the above rule if a new thread is posted and it shall be subjected to approval before it gets published.
IF i merely post a simple reply (one liner) to another forummer in the same thread which had already gotten approval, then the rest of my reply also require the moderators to approve? doesn't that make the moderators busy to click on the button?

i think is not necessary. just my humble opinion.
i am very free de, fret not 8-)
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 18 Sep 2012 16:22

I missed the days where we go out for coffee and sit around to play with each other's watch. :oops:
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 18 Sep 2012 20:02

aiya easy.always can whatapps/sms for undertable meetups mah... else someone organise a mini watch meet lor...at any coffee joints etc

as on meepokman's point of query... think the 'mod's approval before posting on thread ' is just to prevent unnecessary OT comments from bandwagon stone throwers....and all related,useful comments from members will still be posted. so no worries... very transparent de..
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 18 Sep 2012 21:20

Yes, on the point of the feedback section, it's to reduce unnecessary posts and remarks as usually those topics can get very sensitive and red hot very quickly.

Again, good or bad feedback is still feedback that we will take note of.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 18 Sep 2012 22:24

i caveman, bo whatsapp one

sms me hor :(
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 Oct 2012 14:14

Again, I have to ask, DO YOU THINK YOU CAN DO IT BETTER THAN US ?

Just share your thoughts and opinions.

I always emphasised, the forum is a friendly place. When the forum first started, there's hardly any rules because we don't see a need, everyone are sensible adults.

But after a year, look what happen, we have to put in more rules, more restrictions. Why ? Do we have to put new rules and policies in place ?

Do I really need to put a bump every 24 hours rule ? Or maybe I should copy the rules from another forum, bumps in 24 hours, 1 item per thread, limited to 3 threads per pax ?

We are all sensible adults, please practise self moderate. If you can't, then we have to step in.

I am managing the forum alone, with the help of 2 moderators. In a peaceful day, there's hardly anything, we just approved posts/replies from new members and I will have to delete spam and remove spammers accounts.

Do you even see this ? There's a lot of effort poured into this forum. We are small, yes but we are the friendliest around. If we can't stay friendly and cohesive, then I don't see a point of maintaining this forum as it defeats all the vision and goals that we set out to achieve in day one.

If such nonsense continue, I will seek advise and consider the option of shutting down the forum. Perhaps, somebody else can do a better job.

If I offend anybody, anyone in any manner, you can leave the forum. I pissed somebody off before and he quit SCS, till today I didn't regret my actions, to me it's good riddance. I don't really care any more, it's just too difficult to manage personal feuds.

If you really think the system is unjust, perhaps it's just you, else the whole forum will be complaining.

Now, if we want the market place back, we need to agree upon the rules. If we can't, as always, there's other watch forums with sales section, anyway our sales activities are rather low, it's meant as a platform between fellow members to trade and not for the general public.

If you have nothing constructive to share, please don't bother to post. If you have, do share your opinion on the rules and policies.

Please don't start a debate on why and the history, let's move forward.
Not as active.
b3nji23

Post by b3nji23 » 09 Oct 2012 14:48

Well said bro. Respect.
Really grateful to you and the mods for the great work so far.

I am from the IT sector and thus thoroughly understand the term "maintenance" of an information system or in our case, a forum.
It is certainly no mean feat and thank you for all the effort behind the scenes.
Hopefully we do not take this good will for granted.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Oct 2012 14:54

Ed.YEO wrote:===== ===== =====
What will you do to retain members ?
SCS is a non profit, non advertisement sponsored playground for folks to share their common interest, knowledge as well as opportunities(lobangs)in the watch hobby. Hence, there will not be gifts, perks or rewards of ice creams or candies in this play ground. What we see is what we get, the sectioned forums of discussion topics and threads.
People come, people goes. Kids come to this playground, kids goes. How fun the game can be, depends on the challenge, as well as the atmosphere of the playground. If one kid/adult cannot take a certain level of other kid/member poking fun at one another, one of the kid will leave this playground for good. This will be the challenge. How one kid can control himself/herself poking fun with unknown offense, also pisses another kid off. Hence they should be able to discipline themselves before poking fun at one another.
Such as, finding out the facts before using that particular subject to touch on others, which may eventually ends up in fierce fights. When the atmosphere of the playground turns bad, no kids will wanna play there.

So... i propose to all... lets keep this forum light hearted, low profile and simple. Arrogance and Snobbishness should not be encouraged.
===== ===== =====
As mentioned in my previous post... really a tough challenge ahead for all.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
pacman1188

Post by pacman1188 » 09 Oct 2012 16:14

If the market section is reopen; suggest no one can reply to the thread except TS. Potential buyers can contact seller via PM or whichever way seller left as contact. That way, there is no need to 'set' or apply any rules to bumps or free bump.

No one system is perfect for all; it will suit a majority but not all. If one find a system unsuitable; move on to another that is suitable.
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 09 Oct 2012 19:15

Talk No use. Walk the Talk. Be firm.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 09 Oct 2012 21:01

silverguy wrote:Talk No use. Walk the Talk. Be firm.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Dun worry

Things will be different now
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 10 Oct 2012 01:38

We always try our best to be neutral and accommodating. We don't take sides nor we are biased against anybody.

Due to the lack of rules and enforcement, things get out of hand. When we realised why, we have to introduce a new rule or policy to prevent future incidents.

So, we will be firm. No more nonsense any more, warnings will be fired, be it through PM or in the thread. Rules will be strictly enforced.

Whether for better or worse, time will tell.

So moving forward, we will review the rules internally (all rules and policies) and post a draft version for feedback and comments. Once agreed upon, we will re-launch the Market Place, and enforce all rules strictly across.
Not as active.
Quasimodo

Post by Quasimodo » 10 Oct 2012 03:49

I'm new here but I've been an active member of a few forums.

Every venue, virtual or real, has rules. That way we can all decide if this is the playground we all wanna play in. I think it's a great idea to have some simple rules and regs in place. The marketplace for instance SHOULD be policed to some degree... but self-moderation is also a tough thing to do. Aren't there volunteers for more mods? Spread the load a bit, dude.

Do what you need to do, roo7. You've my support, for whatever it's worth.
I don't seem to have enough wrists. :)