All members,please come in & introduce youselves

General chit chat and off topics
trimix

Re: All members,please come in & introduce youselves

Post by trimix » 29 Mar 2014 19:04

Hey guys,

my name is Phil and I am from Germany.
Some of you may already know me from other forums.

I am a big fan of Japanese watches (diving watches). So I have few SEIKO, Citizen, Orient and CASIO watches in my collection.
The other watches in my collection are all diving watches as well.

I am a sports fanatic.
A few of my watches I take for diving.

Pictures will follow time by time.

I am pleased to be here. :)

Kind Regards

Phil

PS: a nice pic of OSD

★★
iamcdy

Post by iamcdy » 22 Apr 2014 22:09

Hey guys,

I'm Norman from Singapore. Have my first seiko last year, it was a solar chronograph. I'm a big fan of Japanese watch and just got a mini monster last week. Looking forward to more collection! Pls guide me along the way!

Sent from my NOKIA 3310
Didn't have any watch model worth mentioning. Poor man over here :(
pyu

Post by pyu » 29 Apr 2014 06:48

Hi everyone.

I'm from Singapore, just bought my first Seiko this year, the SBDC-007 or as everyone else calls it, the Shogun. Started out being obsessed by the IWC 3717 Pilot watch, that faded and now I'm just a fan of well constructed, well designed watches.

Seiko is interesting to me because they have as rich a horological history as any of the European brands, contributed enormously to horology and for their top stuff, is actually a vertically integrated manufacturer like Rolex, etc. In an alternate time line, if they had taken the same steps as Rolex to become a luxury brand, we will probably not be talking about Seiko as being cheap.
SEIKOdeluxe

Post by SEIKOdeluxe » 06 May 2014 15:26

Hi all,

My name is Mark, I'm an Australian currently living in New Zealand.
I collect mainly vintage Seikos, but have a reasonable selection of other vintage Japanese watches too...and also a few vintage Swiss pieces to round out the collection.
I received my first watch (a Ricoh 21j Auto, which I still have :) ) for my 12th birthday, way back in 1976, whilst on holiday in Singapore.
To this day, I have a great interest in both Ricohs & Singapore. :)
Looking forward to joining in the discussion on this wonderful forum.

Regards,
Mark.

Image[/URL]
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 07 May 2014 17:44

SEIKOdeluxe wrote:Hi all,

My name is Mark, I'm an Australian currently living in New Zealand.
I collect mainly vintage Seikos, but have a reasonable selection of other vintage Japanese watches too...and also a few vintage Swiss pieces to round out the collection.
I received my first watch (a Ricoh 21j Auto, which I still have :) ) for my 12th birthday, way back in 1976, whilst on holiday in Singapore.
To this day, I have a great interest in both Ricohs & Singapore. :)
Looking forward to joining in the discussion on this wonderful forum.

Regards,
Mark.

Image[/URL]
Welcome on board Mark!

I stay here in Singapore and it will be my 18th year now this month! How time flies. I have joined other forums as well and these is one of my latest finds, because I am a Seiko lover.

Do enjoy your stay. :mrgreen:
slumdog70

Post by slumdog70 » 16 May 2014 11:36

Hello, hope everyone is fine.

Got my first Seiko, an OM and an 007 diver in 2009.
Have been fascinated with Seiko and Orient watches since.
Lately, I am more into vintage Seiko of the 60s for the looks mostly.
However I am complete noob.

Looking forward to participated in the various discussions.
relo0908

Post by relo0908 » 01 Jun 2014 21:34

Hi all,
I've been reading your forums as guest for a long time until now. I enjoyed reading your post & replies, it's here I got to know the seikos, the shops, Mr Goh, Jenny and 0 until my fascination and interest to seiko/orient

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 02 Jun 2014 09:40

Welcome and enjoy your stay at the forum :)
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
gai11

Post by gai11 » 06 Jun 2014 11:37

Hi ,

I am Gary. I have been collecting watches for quite a few years and havent really gotten onto the local seiko forums as yet. This is actually the first time that I posted. I have been active on other forums like Watchuseek.com. I collect a lot of watches from well known Swiss brands to Japanese watches especially Seiko. Glad to know you guys who are passionate about this hobby!

Hope to share with you pictures of my collection soon.
raphmeister

Post by raphmeister » 08 Jun 2014 12:19

Hi all, I'm Raphael. Been passionate about watches for some years now and have a blog where I look to share this passion.
I look for compelling propositions regardless of origin and believe there's a whole lot out there which is extremely bad for my wallet.
I hope to share my pics and thoughts, primarily on Seiko, here.
Cheers
Raph
fatehbajwa

Post by fatehbajwa » 13 Jun 2014 16:52

Hi all......I just joined the forum thanks to another member Pipwatch who told me about it's existence.
I am a pretty active member on WUS and other forums too but to find a forum dedicated to my favourite watch brand is like a dream come true.
I hope to share my little knowledge and Seiko collection with everyone here and in turn hope to learn much more from all the learned members here. :)

Regards,
Fateh
batikeris

Post by batikeris » 23 Jun 2014 11:07

Hi everyone,

This is Ed. I currently live in NYC, hopefully (fingers crossed) transitioning to Singapore soon. I started collecting Seiko watches a year ago. I hope to learn as much as I can from y'all.

Kind regards.
SurferoOoOo

Post by SurferoOoOo » 25 Jun 2014 15:14

Hi,
Here is another lover of watches seiko.
My name is Rubén and I am a member of the forum ClubOkieS of Spain.

Thanks.
SurferoOoOo

Post by SurferoOoOo » 25 Jun 2014 15:19

Hi, Here is another lover of watches seiko. My name is Rubén and I am a member of the forum Clubseiko of Spain.

Thanks.
k1w1

Post by k1w1 » 17 Jul 2014 02:39

Hi, my names Darren, also new to the board.

Was given my first Seiko in 86 by my father which was his when I left NZ to live in Singapore it was a 300m Tuna which over the years had a few new dials and hands replaced in Seiko house Singapore till they ran out of parts for that model,since then I relumed the indices blue, beadblasted the casing and replaced the plexiglass, bezel so looks new. I then sometime later bought the Gold 1000m Tuna... but sold it to a friend and a regret I still have everyday as they are hard to come by now days. I havent bought a watch in a couple of years but managed to collect a few in my time, all are divers and all I wear with the exception of the Double Red which I did take down to 200m one job. I am now hunting for a Kazimon 1500 to bring a bronzo into the group then who knows what might give me the itch in the future.I still try to buy my old Tuna off my mate but he not budging and said I can have it for over 5 times what he paid for it, not much of a mate I guess.Anyways glad to be here and hope to see and learn new things on the board. "So many watches and so little time"

Cheers
brillantblend

Post by brillantblend » 02 Aug 2014 13:55

Hi everyone, newbie here. I like seiko and orient, and i very fortunate to stumble upon this forum by chance. Hope to learn more about seikos and watches from you guys. Cheers
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 02 Aug 2014 22:04

Kenneth, from Singapore here. Hoping to get my first Seiko soon, eyeing the Orange Monster.
Yelnats

Post by Yelnats » 06 Aug 2014 18:34

Hello guys, I'm stanley, newbie here! Been searching for a new watch but got no idea what to buy till my friend show me his FFF mod on his seiko. Got poisoned deeply especially when he told me that i can customized the watch to my own style and liking. Just got a skx007j few week ago from mr goh and bought mods from yobokies and strapcode already. Currently waiting for them to shipped over here! Now eyeing for a baby tuna to mod. :D
Duss

Post by Duss » 09 Aug 2014 00:53

Hi there,
Just join the board .. Ordered my 2nd seiko recently and decided to seek out a Seiko community .. What a nice surprise this is .. Seiko Club SG, one more site to visit daily lol

Collect various watch type but lately, the Seiko bug hit me hard lol.

Cheers !
sprintv

Post by sprintv » 11 Aug 2014 01:01

Hi guys

Looking to get a second watch after an arbutus... Have been looking at the sumo thread for close to a month now... might not be too long before I lay my hands on the sbdc001 ;)

see you guys around