All members,please come in & introduce youselves

General chit chat and off topics
MARIO

Re: All members,please come in & introduce youselves

Post by MARIO » 29 Jul 2011 23:50

Hi all,

i'm really new in this watch hobby thing and It all started for me with a christmas gift from my wife last year Dec. It was a SRP043K. The initial days of this watch on my wrist was like having a crush, i couldn't help it but kept checking the time unusually often just to catch a gleam of it. I was fascinated and started to find out more about the watch and i was surprised to find many extensive reviews on the SRP on the internet. Being better informed, I started paying attention to its finer details, not only aesthetically but also its inner beauty.

My first love....

Life got complicated.... I knew i'm not going to settle with one and true enough...... :lol:

Soon after...

I know i'm serious about it..... :twisted:

My current Seiko collections... :D

aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 30 Jul 2011 08:36

MARIO wrote:Hi all,

i'm really new in this watch hobby thing and It all started for me with a christmas gift from my wife last year Dec. It was a SRP043K. The initial days of this watch on my wrist was like having a crush, i couldn't help it but kept checking the time unusually often just to catch a gleam of it. I was fascinated and started to find out more about the watch and i was surprised to find many extensive reviews on the SRP on the internet. Being better informed, I started paying attention to its finer details, not only aesthetically but also its inner beauty.

My first love....

Life got complicated.... I knew i'm not going to settle with one and true enough...... :lol:

Soon after...

I know i'm serious about it..... :twisted:

Welcome bro, lub e thousand meter tuna...n hop that I able 2 own huan in near future... 8-)
MARIO

Post by MARIO » 30 Jul 2011 12:44

Thanks bro! I guess what makes the hobby interesting is the ever pursuit for new desires. Currently in pursuit for a MM300 and hopefully i will learn enough from you all seniors to start venturing into vintage pieces.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 30 Jul 2011 14:14

Nice pieces Mario.... and welcome to Seiko Club :)
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 30 Jul 2011 19:43

MARIO wrote:Thanks bro! I guess what makes the hobby interesting is the ever pursuit for new desires. Currently in pursuit for a MM300 and hopefully i will learn enough from you all seniors to start venturing into vintage pieces.

Love what you buy, Buy what you love! Hello, and nice diver collection, Mario; there's some good quality there! :)
dragonboat02

Post by dragonboat02 » 05 Aug 2011 18:43

Dear everyone.. Pardon my late intro.. I'm new to horology and I don't really consider myself a collector.. I will normally just buy those that i like..

what's appealing to me abt watches, especially Seiko, is the never ending potential to customize (mod) your watch, and the result of a truly personalized model... :P

Hence do pardon my noob qustions and am looking forward to fellow seniors' guidance.... :)
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 06 Aug 2011 13:16

dragonboat02 wrote:Dear everyone.. Pardon my late intro.. I'm new to horology and I don't really consider myself a collector.. I will normally just buy those that i like..

what's appealing to me abt watches, especially Seiko, is the never ending potential to customize (mod) your watch, and the result of a truly personalized model... :P

Hence do pardon my noob qustions and am looking forward to fellow seniors' guidance.... :)
Bro, g-shocks also can mod (and won't break the bank!)..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and you can do most of them at home!!!
dragonboat02

Post by dragonboat02 » 06 Aug 2011 16:19

herzausstahl wrote:Bro, g-shocks also can mod (and won't break the bank!)..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: and you can do most of them at home!!!
Thks bro... But so far there isn't any g-shock model that I especially fancy leh... Btw, since we last talk, I've hooted a 007 liao.. :P Nxt is to plan my mods..
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 07 Aug 2011 15:25

mario bro got nice neat collection of Seiko divers...can see many SCS bros are 'crouching tiger hidden dragon'...
MARIO

Post by MARIO » 08 Aug 2011 00:24

Thanks bro! Now contemplating to add a White Stargate into my collection after seeing bro Sinner new hoot :twisted:
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 10 Aug 2011 10:29

MARIO wrote:Hi all,

welcome bro... u have a serious collection of seiko divers there!
i need to wipe up my drool now.

pls SIC more of your pieces! :D
chrishiew

Post by chrishiew » 21 Aug 2011 11:19

Hi All,

Newbie here just joined a few months back. This is my first post and I find it interesting that there are some many people in Singapore loved Seiko that much!! .. :D :D .. I stumbled upon this site when I researching about the Seiko FFF and was surprised they were so many of you guys went to get it mod at a local store!! .. Excellent indeed!! .. :lol: :lol:

Myself, I owned a refurbished Seiko 6309-7040 (aftermarket dial and hands) .. I just loved it very much!!

Hope to get to know everyone here!

Cheers!
Chris
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 21 Aug 2011 11:25

chrishiew wrote:Hi All,

Newbie here just joined a few months back. This is my first post and I find it interesting that there are some many people in Singapore loved Seiko that much!! .. :D :D .. I stumbled upon this site when I researching about the Seiko FFF and was surprised they were so many of you guys went to get it mod at a local store!! .. Excellent indeed!! .. :lol: :lol:

Myself, I owned a refurbished Seiko 6309-7040 (aftermarket dial and hands) .. I just loved it very much!!

Hope to get to know everyone here!

Cheers!
Chris
welcome bro, indeed there ish lot of Seiko lover in sinkapaul...enjoy ur stay... ;) 8-)
chrishiew

Post by chrishiew » 21 Aug 2011 11:30

thanks, bro!

Time to check out the Buy/Sell forum to see any interesting watches as my next purchase .. ;) .. Hhhmmm .. strange that I can't post questions or PM the Seller yet .. :oops:
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 21 Aug 2011 11:32

chrishiew wrote:thanks, bro!

Time to check out the Buy/Sell forum to see any interesting watches as my next purchase .. ;) .. Hhhmmm .. strange that I can't post questions or PM the Seller yet .. :oops:
bro...chiu nd hab at least a 25posts thn chiu may PM n post in buy/sell thread...
chrishiew

Post by chrishiew » 21 Aug 2011 16:35

wah lau .. 25 posts then may PM and post in Buy/Sell? ok ok .. time for me to get busy then .. :D
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 21 Aug 2011 16:38

chrishiew wrote:wah lau .. 25 posts then may PM and post in Buy/Sell? ok ok .. time for me to get busy then .. :D
jz join in 2 TCSS on any topic n it ish easy 2 hit 25 posts de... ;)
chrishiew

Post by chrishiew » 21 Aug 2011 17:58

thanks for the tip, bro!! ;-)
wmatt76

Post by wmatt76 » 24 Aug 2011 02:13

Hi mario, nice collection, hope to see more new hoots
wmatt76

Post by wmatt76 » 24 Aug 2011 02:14

wmatt76 wrote:Hi mario, nice collection, hope to see more new hoots