[TCSS]- "BohLiao" Thread- Talk abt everything under the sun

General chit chat and off topics
scs120

Re: [TCSS]- "BohLiao" Thread- Talk abt everything under the

Post by scs120 » 09 Oct 2012 14:00

just read about the market place thing, chin chiat lat me good member oso kena throw out with the bath water :lol: :lol: :lol: , besides the forum mentioned by roo, u can oso try K2. Me not affilated with K2 hor .
LB1981

Post by LB1981 » 09 Oct 2012 14:03

no head no tail. any butties can enlighten me :?:

PM me. :)
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 14:09

aiken74 wrote:
oOsiMm wrote: haha I dont really use/monitor my Facebook ley.. but if sometimes feel like it, just click 'share' lor...
sometime i oso check-in to somewhere for dine but hor kanna shot by MPM saying bo liao... :lol:
eh I attended the IT awareness seminar and the ppl tok about usual IT security awareness,we knw it but we still taking things for granted..

say on facebook... we check in at night say for supper or at work... then ppl who may knw us,where we stay, address etc and means no body at home...so may take the chance to come and break into our hse ley... though in sgp quite safe lah but check in loc for masses to knw isnt that safe sometimes also.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Oct 2012 14:11

LB1981 wrote:...PM me. :)
既然你要求了。。。自然会有其他会员给你解说“事件”的来龙去脉。。。耐心的等吧!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Oct 2012 14:19

Ed.YEO wrote:
LB1981 wrote:...PM me. :)
既然你要求了。。。自然会有其他会员给你解说“事件”的来龙去脉。。。耐心的等吧!
bro translate leh... :mrgreen:
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Oct 2012 14:20

oOsiMm wrote:
aiken74 wrote: sometime i oso check-in to somewhere for dine but hor kanna shot by MPM saying bo liao... :lol:
eh I attended the IT awareness seminar and the ppl tok about usual IT security awareness,we knw it but we still taking things for granted..
say on facebook... we check in at night say for supper or at work... then ppl who may knw us,where we stay, address etc and means no body at home...so may take the chance to come and break into our hse ley... though in sgp quite safe lah but check in loc for masses to knw isnt that safe sometimes also.
:o nvr thou of that... :(
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 14:29

aiken74 wrote:
oOsiMm wrote: eh I attended the IT awareness seminar and the ppl tok about usual IT security awareness,we knw it but we still taking things for granted..
:o nvr thou of that... :(
wah rao..me neither but upon hearing how easy its to gather person info,then it bit scary...

for example.. a baddy(lets call him X) know someone in a watch forum. X saw seller had his handphone number listed. And he googled up this number and get more results that this seller is also member of other forum with other nicks. Next can pretend PMing him in a watch forum to request pics to be sent to X's personal email. This way X will get the seller's email address also. And who know it may be the same email address for his facebook(photos,infos) and other online account. Then X will request friendship with seller in facebook. And he can monitor seller's whereabout's daily esp if seller always like to post updates,check in loc,where he stay and even pics of his house ,block etc

And from details of the personal life,loves and dislikes,names of ppl ,relatives etc.... X can hack into seller's facebook or other online account and try to answer the 2 security question...(always those common quesitons)
Last edited by oOsiMm on 09 Oct 2012 14:32, edited 1 time in total.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Oct 2012 14:30

aiken74 wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote: 既然你要求了。。。自然会有其他会员给你解说“事件”的来龙去脉。。。耐心的等吧!
bro translate leh... :mrgreen:
Forgotten abt that... :mrgreen:
"since you've made the request... naturally there will be some another member give you a full detail of that incident... wait patiently"
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Oct 2012 14:32

oOsiMm wrote:
aiken74 wrote: :o nvr thou of that... :(
wah rao..me neither but upon hearing how easy its to gather person info,then it bit scary...
for example.. a baddy(lets call him X) know someone in a watch forum. X saw seller had his handphone number listed. And he googled up this number and get more results that this seller is also member of other forum with other nicks. Next can pretend PMing him in a watch forum to request pics to be sent to X's personal email. This way X will get the seller's email address also. And who know it may be the same email address for his facebook(photos,infos) and other online account. Then X will request friendship with seller in facebook. And he can monitor seller's whereabout's daily esp if seller always like to post updates,check in loc,where he stay and even pics of his house ,block etc
:o :shock: so scary huh bt anyway my FB account is hidden as can't find me in FB as I put many private in it... :mrgreen:
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 14:34

aiken74 wrote:
oOsiMm wrote: wah rao..me neither but upon hearing how easy its to gather person info,then it bit scary...
:o :shock: so scary huh bt anyway my FB account is hidden as can't find me in FB as I put many private in it... :mrgreen:
X can get your email address and request new password...he just need to answer security questions mah
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Oct 2012 14:36

oOsiMm wrote:wah rao..me neither but upon hearing how easy its to gather person info,then it bit scary...

And from details of the personal life,loves and dislikes,names of ppl ,relatives etc.... X can hack into seller's facebook or other online account and try to answer the 2 security question...(always those common quesitons)
I thought i heard another stuff... saying that due to the current popularity of the use of smartphones, it's like we're carrying a GPS device along with us every single day, every single minute especially when we have those social apps installed in our device, which syncs with the server contantly, exposing our location to those other people who had tabbed with us?
Luckily, although i'm BB user, but don't use social apps, otherwise which KTV i'm in, will be known by other lo...
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Oct 2012 14:38

oOsiMm wrote:
aiken74 wrote: :o :shock: so scary huh bt anyway my FB account is hidden as can't find me in FB as I put many private in it... :mrgreen:
X can get your email address and request new password...he just need to answer security questions mah
just did a google search aiken74, all tis my SCS post picture... :mrgreen:
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 14:39

Ed.YEO wrote:
oOsiMm wrote:wah rao..me neither but upon hearing how easy its to gather person info,then it bit scary...

I thought i heard another stuff... saying that due to the current popularity of the use of smartphones, it's like we're carrying a GPS device along with us every single day, every single minute especially when we have those social apps installed in our device, which syncs with the server contantly, exposing our location to those other people who had tabbed with us?
Luckily, although i'm BB user, but don't use social apps, otherwise which KTV i'm in, will be known by other lo...
ya thats why they say dont use the auto updates feature and dont anyhow download unknown programmes..
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Oct 2012 14:44

oOsiMm wrote:ya thats why they say dont use the auto updates feature and dont anyhow download unknown programmes..
But nowadays, most of the new device and new O.S, by default, have these social apps installed wor... i can't even disload/remove the FB/TWT/LK.IN apps from my phone ley... so those folks who had recently got their I5 also jialat lo...
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 Oct 2012 14:49

oOsiMm wrote:anyone visited the AP service center/meusum? at river valley rd there? think roo went before
I went for a wedding dinner there, it's close already. lol
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 Oct 2012 14:51

aiken74 wrote:
oOsiMm wrote: wah rao..me neither but upon hearing how easy its to gather person info,then it bit scary...
Actually there's a real life example in the US or somewhere, a couple posted they went overseas holiday including the duration. When they come back, house was broke into.

Anyway, there's a lot of other examples we can think of, so don't suka suka post such details. It can be a friendly "out of office" message, but it's also a welcome message for the unknowns...
Not as active.
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 14:58

roo7 wrote:
oOsiMm wrote:anyone visited the AP service center/meusum? at river valley rd there? think roo went before
really closed for good? the signboard still along the maingate right?

just curious,..

not much showroom,meusum to see in sgp also... Thong Sia also ATAS kind...
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 15:00

roo7 wrote:
aiken74 wrote: :o :shock: so scary huh bt anyway my FB account is hidden as can't find me in FB as I put many private in it... :mrgreen:
Actually there's a real life example in the US or somewhere, a couple posted they went overseas holiday including the duration. When they come back, house was broke into.

Anyway, there's a lot of other examples we can think of, so don't suka suka post such details. It can be a friendly "out of office" message, but it's also a welcome message for the unknowns...

ya ppl(in same coy) knw u not in office can just walk to ur desk during lunchtime or off office hrs and take ur thumbdrive or similar...
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 Oct 2012 15:16

oOsiMm wrote:
roo7 wrote:
really closed for good? the signboard still along the maingate right?

just curious,..

not much showroom,meusum to see in sgp also... Thong Sia also ATAS kind...
As in close for the day, haha. AP got a coming exhibition at the Tanjong Pagar KTM railway le, 10-14 Oct....
Not as active.
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 15:19

roo7 wrote: As in close for the day, haha. AP got a coming exhibition at the Tanjong Pagar KTM railway le, 10-14 Oct....
oh ok...heard on radio also... just nice tml 10th might head to tanjong pagar in e morning...

but think the exhibition must wear nice nice one ar? :|