*BUMP*

General chit chat and off topics
lunarin79
CEO

*BUMP*

Post by lunarin79 » 09 Oct 2012 10:10

Guys, from today onwards, only the TS is able to bump his/her own post.

This has been discussed before.

I don't see a need to see why other posters need to help another person bump his/her FS post, right?
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
TheChef

Re: *BUMP*

Post by TheChef » 09 Oct 2012 10:23

Yes, I agree. But, I think it is a friendly and brotherly gesture to help others to cross sell their watches.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
MeePokMan

Post by MeePokMan » 09 Oct 2012 10:25

TheChef wrote:Yes, I agree. But, I think it is a friendly and brotherly gesture to help others to cross sell their watches.
+ 1million :D
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Oct 2012 11:00

Hi CEO,

This is a very very good as I keep seeing Devil00 keep ''FREE BUMP'' for other and make the forum flooded with lot of sale thread :!: :!:

Thumb upz bro... ;)
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 11:14

CEO's intention of this thread is not to pinpoint anyone nor to create something out of nothing.. but from now on, make the trading zone a better place (fairness/equality) for all users(potential buyers,sellers,public). Whoever want to bring up their post shall do it themselves,which is more appropriate.

Friends helping one another is good thing but not necessary need to show it in the trading zone as there are many other areas that they can do to help one another IMO.

And lastly SCS is a small forum with only a number of guys selling their items at a given time(as compared to bigger forums),so searching for a watch you are looking for isnt that difficult,else do make use of the search engine in SCS..
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 09 Oct 2012 11:15

TheChef wrote:Yes, I agree. But, I think it is a friendly and brotherly gesture to help others to cross sell their watches.
yes, in a way.

but do within a limit.
devil00

Post by devil00 » 09 Oct 2012 11:16

aiken74 wrote:Hi CEO,

This is a very very good as I keep seeing Devil00 keep ''FREE BUMP'' for other and make the forum flooded with lot of sale thread :!: :!:

Thumb upz bro... ;)
I bump got your problem Isit?
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 09 Oct 2012 11:20

devil00 wrote:
aiken74 wrote:Hi CEO,
Thumb upz bro... ;)
I bump got your problem Isit?
:?: :?: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 09 Oct 2012 11:22

why, wan roo to shut down this forum again huh

if it's happening, i will make sure it will be the last of SC.

I am not joking.
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 09 Oct 2012 11:31

I did free bump to some sellers thread because I asked a question or I agree with certain pointers in his sales thread.

Obviously free bump like that is overboard. If anybody wants to beat the system, might as well ask for their userid log in and bump.

This way u can keep the bromance going and avoid being warned. ;-)
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Oct 2012 11:32

oOsiMm wrote:CEO's intention of this thread is not to pinpoint anyone nor to create something out of nothing.. but from now on, make the trading zone a better place (fairness/equality) for all users(potential buyers,sellers,public). Whoever want to bring up their post shall do it themselves,which is more appropriate.

Friends helping one another is good thing but not necessary need to show it in the trading zone as there are many other areas that they can do to help one another IMO.

And lastly SCS is a small forum with only a number of guys selling their items at a given time(as compared to bigger forums),so searching for a watch you are looking for isnt that difficult,else do make use of the search engine in SCS..
Although i agree with Brudder LUN on the bumping should be done by the initial poster him/herself... there were times when folks would like to find out more regarding the sale items, especially when there were no reference in the posts...i.e. picture shots. Hence, it would be in-evitable if one response to a sales thread asking for more reference, such as links to the pictures or picture attachment.

Taking for example... when Brudder Devil00 puts up his IRRETIUM Blue for sale, the initial post was without picture. My colleague was quite interested with this Micro-brand that he had heard of, but no reference for him to see how the watch was like... so i had requested for the pictures, which may have been interpreted as "free bump" by anybody in concern. I really dunno does that considered as free bump or not... perhaps fellow brudders here can advise?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 09 Oct 2012 11:34

Ed.YEO wrote:
oOsiMm wrote:CEO's intention of this thread is not to pinpoint anyone nor to create something out of nothing.. but from now on, make the trading zone a better place (fairness/equality) for all users(potential buyers,sellers,public). Whoever want to bring up their post shall do it themselves,which is more appropriate.

Although i agree with Brudder LUN on the bumping should be done by the initial poster him/herself... there were times when folks would like to find out more regarding the sale items, especially when there were no reference in the posts...i.e. picture shots. Hence, it would be in-evitable if one response to a sales thread asking for more reference, such as links to the pictures or picture attachment.

Taking for example... when Brudder Devil00 puts up his IRRETIUM Blue for sale, the initial post was without picture. My colleague was quite interested with this Micro-brand that he had heard of, but no reference for him to see how the watch was like... so i had requested for the pictures, which may have been interpreted as "free bump" by anybody in concern. I really dunno does that considered as free bump or not... perhaps fellow brudders here can advise?
Explained in my previous post. :lol:
devil00

Post by devil00 » 09 Oct 2012 11:37

Where is the discussion or thread of a bump thing? If here is such 1 way traffic .. Might well close and leave it to capable Ppls to create forum
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 09 Oct 2012 11:40

devil00 wrote:Where is the discussion or thread of a bump thing? If here is such 1 way traffic .. Might well close and leave it to capable Ppls to create forum
Who is capable? And who is not?
titan

Post by titan » 09 Oct 2012 11:44

All registered active members are allowed to post their personal pre-owned watches or watch accessories for sale.

The Market Place is strictly for non-commercial entities.

As all sales forum, here are the house rules:
- Do state your topic and post clearly (A well written sales post with photos is for your own benefit only)
- WTB: Want to buy
- WTS: Want to sell
- FSOT: For sale or trade
- FT: For trade

- Topics should be in this manner for easy reading, examples:
- "WTB: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "WTS: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "FSOT: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "FT: XXX Watch, $XXX

- All posts must include asking price and description, photos are optional.
- No fakes or replicas allowed.
- Editing and deleting of posts is not allowed to maintain full accountability.
- All good and bad feedbacks goes into the feedback forum: viewforum.php?f=9
- Once sold, you can lock your own thread.

2012-05-21
- Removed the grading system since it's not in used at all.
- Access will only be restricted to members with more than 10 posts.

Disclaimer:
Seiko Club Singapore will not be held liable in any transaction, so please practice caution in all dealings.

pardon me, fellow forum users.

I always follow rules and regualtation wherever i goes.

I read the rules and regualtion above for 3 times at least, i dont see the bumping restriction stated.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 09 Oct 2012 11:45

devil00 wrote:Where is the discussion or thread of a bump thing? If here is such 1 way traffic .. Might well close and leave it to capable Ppls to create forum
ok, based on this sentence.

I will get Roo to enforce a stricter set of rules in the Buy/Sell Section.

Since the idea of having a casual forum is so difficult, then let's go by the book from today on.

Inquiries on TS FS posts are ok if details are not listed properly by TS, that is not considered a 'free bump'. It is considered as an Inquiry to TS.
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 11:46

Ed.YEO wrote: Although i agree with Brudder LUN on the bumping should be done by the initial poster him/herself... there were times when folks would like to find out more regarding the sale items, especially when there were no reference in the posts...i.e. picture shots. Hence, it would be in-evitable if one response to a sales thread asking for more reference, such as links to the pictures or picture attachment.

hello Ed,

geuinuely asking questions(mods are experienced,they will know), askingfor pics,leaving down contacts etc does consitutes a bump indirectly,so its not considered a 'free bump' in any way. That is perfectly ok. This has been going on with some forums also.

but 'free bumps' done without any additional + beneficial questions for both seller and viewers/info isnt necessary.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 09 Oct 2012 11:47

titan wrote:All registered active members are allowed to post their personal pre-owned watches or watch accessories for sale.

The Market Place is strictly for non-commercial entities.

As all sales forum, here are the house rules:
- Do state your topic and post clearly (A well written sales post with photos is for your own benefit only)
- WTB: Want to buy
- WTS: Want to sell
- FSOT: For sale or trade
- FT: For trade

- Topics should be in this manner for easy reading, examples:
- "WTB: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "WTS: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "FSOT: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "FT: XXX Watch, $XXX

- All posts must include asking price and description, photos are optional.
- No fakes or replicas allowed.
- Editing and deleting of posts is not allowed to maintain full accountability.
- All good and bad feedbacks goes into the feedback forum: viewforum.php?f=9
- Once sold, you can lock your own thread.

2012-05-21
- Removed the grading system since it's not in used at all.
- Access will only be restricted to members with more than 10 posts.

Disclaimer:
Seiko Club Singapore will not be held liable in any transaction, so please practice caution in all dealings.

pardon me, fellow forum users.

I always follow rules and regualtation wherever i goes.

I read the rules and regualtion above for 3 times at least, i dont see the bumping restriction stated.
Yes, we did not enforced this 'No bumping' rule preciously

Now there is a need.
b3nji23

Post by b3nji23 » 09 Oct 2012 11:48

Chill la bro. If you don't respect the forum, how u gonna expect ppl to respect u?
IMO TS being able to self bump own sales thread (maybe once every 24hrs?) is very reasonable.
And for others to post queries asking for pics/info about the watch is also reasonable to me.
if other members (not TS) post things like 'Free Bump to the top" etc, then i think this is simply abusing or testing the system/mods patience.
This is my 2 cents.
Let's make love not war pls :geek:
devil00

Post by devil00 » 09 Oct 2012 11:51

b3nji23 wrote:
Chill la bro. If you don't respect the forum, how u gonna expect ppl to respect u?
IMO TS being able to self bump own sales thread (maybe once every 24hrs?) is very reasonable.
And for others to post queries asking for pics/info about the watch is also reasonable to me.
if other members (not TS) post things like 'Free Bump to the top" etc, then i think this is simply abusing or testing the system/mods patience.
This is my 2 cents.
Let's make love not war pls :geek:

A 1 way traffic forum always got new rule :)