*BUMP*

General chit chat and off topics
titan

Re: *BUMP*

Post by titan » 09 Oct 2012 11:52

lunarin79 wrote:
titan wrote:All registered active members are allowed to post their personal pre-owned watches or watch accessories for sale.

The Market Place is strictly for non-commercial entities.

As all sales forum, here are the house rules:
- Do state your topic and post clearly (A well written sales post with photos is for your own benefit only)
- WTB: Want to buy
- WTS: Want to sell
- FSOT: For sale or trade
- FT: For trade

- Topics should be in this manner for easy reading, examples:
- "WTB: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "WTS: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "FSOT: XXX Watch, $XXX
- "FT: XXX Watch, $XXX

- All posts must include asking price and description, photos are optional.
- No fakes or replicas allowed.
- Editing and deleting of posts is not allowed to maintain full accountability.
- All good and bad feedbacks goes into the feedback forum: viewforum.php?f=9
- Once sold, you can lock your own thread.

2012-05-21
- Removed the grading system since it's not in used at all.
- Access will only be restricted to members with more than 10 posts.

Disclaimer:
Seiko Club Singapore will not be held liable in any transaction, so please practice caution in all dealings.

pardon me, fellow forum users.

I always follow rules and regualtation wherever i goes.

I read the rules and regualtion above for 3 times at least, i dont see the bumping restriction stated.
Yes, we did not enforced this 'No bumping' rule preciously

Now there is a need.
Thanks CEO for recongising the fact.

its just a friendly gesture by Devil00, no need all to raise any BP
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 09 Oct 2012 11:55

titan wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:
Yes, we did not enforced this 'No bumping' rule preciously

Now there is a need.

Capable people like Barney from AF shld be here.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Oct 2012 11:55

b3nji23 wrote:
devil00 wrote:Where is the discussion or thread of a bump thing? If here is such 1 way traffic .. Might well close and leave it to capable Ppls to create forum
Chill la bro. If you don't respect the forum, how u gonna expect ppl to respect u?
IMO TS being able to self bump own sales thread (maybe once every 24hrs?) is very reasonable.
And for others to post queries asking for pics/info about the watch is also reasonable to me.
if other members (not TS) post things like 'Free Bump to the top" etc, then i think this is simply abusing or testing the system/mods patience.
This is my 2 cents.
Let's make love not war pls :geek:
+++1 from me.

Bro Dev00, hopefully you're not getting worked up with some of the replies to you... you know... just take it like a coffee talk session now on that there are now some disagreements among one another. Thru productive discussion, perhaps we can come to a point where all of us can agree on. There will always be mis-interpretations in the process. If you're close to another seller, other folks would also mis-interpret your act as well...

So... chill... Kopi-peng interested?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
sawungkampret

Post by sawungkampret » 09 Oct 2012 11:56

oops i asked anyone who wants combine order for mpm sales thread, i hope it's not against the rules? apologize bro mpm, if it spammed your thread
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 11:57

devil00 wrote: A 1 way traffic forum always got new rule :)
Bro, SCS is never one way traffic forum... its diverse and always listening to feedbacks..
dont misunderstand the situation..

and for all.... roo and his mods are kind enough to go easy on the rules in this forum...and keeping it like kampong . If everyone behaves and keep ownself in check,there isnt any need for additional rules...

we have the freedom to come and go in this forum.its free of charge to all. Mods are volunteers and how many actually asked roo on a personal basis to volunteer and contribute into this forum?
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 09 Oct 2012 11:57

devil00 wrote:
b3nji23 wrote:
Chill la bro. If you don't respect the forum, how u gonna expect ppl to respect u?
IMO TS being able to self bump own sales thread (maybe once every 24hrs?) is very reasonable.
And for others to post queries asking for pics/info about the watch is also reasonable to me.
if other members (not TS) post things like 'Free Bump to the top" etc, then i think this is simply abusing or testing the system/mods patience.
This is my 2 cents.

A 1 way traffic forum always got new rule :)
U want a two way communication then I believe u need to show a certain level of respect to others. Not by saying who is capable or running a forum and who is not. We have our shortcomings and we accept that as a fact.

What about you? Till now, have u ever mentioned anything about yourself abusing and exploiting forum loopholes?
devil00

Post by devil00 » 09 Oct 2012 11:57

Ed.YEO wrote:
b3nji23 wrote:
This is my 2 cents.
+++1 from me.

Bro Dev00, hopefully you're not getting worked up with some of the replies to you... you know... just take it like a coffee talk session now on that there are now some disagreements among one another. Thru productive discussion, perhaps we can come to a point where all of us can agree on. There will always be mis-interpretations in the process. If you're close to another seller, other folks would also mis-interpret your act as well...

So... chill... Kopi-peng interested?

I free bump for 1 day can create such a big huha... Amazing.. The 1 way traffic is jamming up... :D
b3nji23

Post by b3nji23 » 09 Oct 2012 11:58

devil00 wrote:
b3nji23 wrote:
This is my 2 cents.

Since the mods/admins are always at their best to keep this forum a better place for us, we should really thank and appreciate their efforts instead of spitting in their faces. Comments like these does not help the cause at all :roll:
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 11:58

sawungkampret wrote:oops i asked anyone who wants combine order for mpm sales thread, i hope it's not against the rules? apologize bro mpm, if it spammed your thread
geuinuely asking questions(mods are experienced,they will know), askingfor pics,leaving down contacts etc does consitutes a bump indirectly,so its not considered a 'free bump' in any way. That is perfectly ok. This has been going on with some forums also.

but 'free bumps' done without any additional + beneficial questions for both seller and viewers/info isnt necessary.
devil00

Post by devil00 » 09 Oct 2012 11:58

sellwatch wrote:
devil00 wrote:

U want a two way communication then I believe u need to show a certain level of respect to others. Not by saying who is capable or running a forum and who is not. We have our shortcomings and we accept that as a fact.

What about you? Till now, have u ever mentioned anything about yourself abusing and exploiting forum loopholes?

Point out to me then ...
titan

Post by titan » 09 Oct 2012 12:02

sellwatch wrote:
titan wrote:

Capable people like Barney from AF shld be here.
haha bro you know i know, in AF no play play one :lol:
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 Oct 2012 14:35

I decided to move the thread here to continue this conversation.

I was in a middle of meeting and I have to take actions.

Now, where were we ?

Free bumps, rules ? I given my opinion here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3824&start=20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Now Devil, if you think the forum is 1-way, it's very unfair to me, CEO and sellwatch as moderators. Don't come and nitpick on what or who did what. Please be fair to us hor.

And to everybody else, we put new rules to keep the forum in check, but again, if people decided to make a joke of out of it, then the rules is useless isn't it ?

I get feedback all the time, so many boliao threads open up, tcss threads, sales threads that sounds like rant than a real sale, and other nonsense in other posts, we also take action, regardless we know the member personally or not.

Key thing is we are objective, we don't take sides nor we are biased. So, please consider the real true intent of posting ayourthread or reply, if it's for your personal agenda, your personal rant, please read through your reply and think carefully, what implications will there be ? Maybe it doesn't impact you but it affects the rest of the forum and community.

In this case, the market place is closed as we moderators felt that we are not capable of running it fairly and efficiently. It's ok, SCS don't function as a sales forum, there's other platforms for sales and trades.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 09 Oct 2012 19:25

Mods,

I think reprimanding or questioning what the members did should take it offline and instead of flashing for everyone to see. Mutual respect is the key.

Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 09 Oct 2012 20:59

Mods, in my opinion you are definitely capable of running the market thread fairly and efficiently. Why belittle yourselves by agreeing to allegations that you all are incapable?

I am a Mod of a photography forum and understand the hard work involved.

Maybe all of us should gather at K2 for a bottle of liang teh to talk things over. Cheers.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 Oct 2012 22:35

silverguy wrote:Mods,

I think reprimanding or questioning what the members did should take it offline and instead of flashing for everyone to see. Mutual respect is the key.

Cheers

I don't know which context are you referring to. I'm assuming you are referring to my earlier reply.

I'm providing examples of past cases, again I'm not biased against anybody. I'm just responding to devil's remark on our forum management being one-way.

I think anything that's not related to the Seiko Club community should be taken offline, personal feuds, personal agendas etc and of course, mutual respect is key.

It's rule #1 here.
As with all forums, here are the house rules:
- Do treat all member with respect, treat others how you want others to treat you.
That was the very first rule, before the rest of the rules start to appear one after another because some members didn't observe the first rule or warnings have been give and of course certain taboo topics that we prefer to keep them out of the forum.

So we decided to be strict about the rules and take a no nonsense stance, we can't close one eye any more as it always goes out of hand.

Now, if somebody makes a report against a post and that violates a forum rule. We will take action accordingly.

Hope that's clear.
Not as active.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 09 Oct 2012 22:43

TheChef wrote:Mods, in my opinion you are definitely capable of running the market thread fairly and efficiently. Why belittle yourselves by agreeing to allegations that you all are incapable?

I am a Mod of a photography forum and understand the hard work involved.

Maybe all of us should gather at K2 for a bottle of liang teh to talk things over. Cheers.
Thanks. We are still a young forum, 1 year+ old only, there's lot of lessons to learn, experiences to be experienced (sounds lame) but you get my point.

We have been a little too accommodating, as we just want SCS to be a simple, fun watch forum, so we take every feedback seriously, we look into every complain, we add rules to restrict certain behaviour and so on, so perhaps the moderators and I have to take a stricter stand and go by the book but we don't want to spoil the fun.

It's a tough balancing act but that's the responsibility that we have to shoulder, so we just hope the other members will be more understanding.

So anyway, if we can get every single member here in a gathering and lim teh or kopi, it will be a miracle. ;) So far our last gathering have 40+ members, we should top that next year.
Not as active.
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 09 Oct 2012 23:08

I am not replying at your reply only. But the whole thread in general. But placing a member under scrutiny in a public thread is not a sound move.

Cheers.

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 09 Oct 2012 23:11

silverguy wrote:I am not replying at your reply only. But the whole thread in general. But placing a member under scrutiny in a public thread is not a sound move.

Cheers.

So, any sound suggestion?
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 09 Oct 2012 23:17

lunarin79 wrote:
silverguy wrote:I am not replying at your reply only. But the whole thread in general. But placing a member under scrutiny in a public thread is not a sound move.

Cheers.

So, any sound suggestion?
Bro

I have say enough. I think I will leave it to your team to discuss about it. Back in the hwz times was fun though.

Cheers

oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 09 Oct 2012 23:22

Cheers.

not a good move it may seems... but the mods didnt name any member in first place. the core intention was to make this place a peaceful one,lesser of the internal war using SCS space. It was meant to be an alert to the situation that no free bumps... but as usual the discussion didnt turn out too well...

no one can forsee it.. mods like everyone here are just regular dudes with regular jobs ... will not be perfect and every decision the management make might not make each member happy also..

so give and take..

I dont think any member is singled out and under scrutiny.. if something isnt right,the mod has the responsbility to correct it,to best of his ability and decision. If everything was done via PM and keep hush all the time,how would the rest learn from this experience?

back in hwz was fun because there wasnt any responsibility,no rules nor ownership...we were then living in the shadows of edmw..
and now its a standalone forum... foc for anyone interested to be in.
Last edited by oOsiMm on 09 Oct 2012 23:24, edited 1 time in total.