Cheap hotel

General chit chat and off topics
Dsbf

Cheap hotel

Post by Dsbf » 10 Jan 2013 08:19

Guys i need your help. Im going to singapore on may 15. Im looking for a cheap hotel. Prefferably near mrt stations. Your inputs would be very much appreciated. Tia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tanwill

Re: Cheap hotel

Post by tanwill » 10 Jan 2013 09:11

Hotel 81.... got free surround sound too at night.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 10 Jan 2013 10:47

I was just waiting for someone to suggest hotel 81. Now that someone has suggested hotel 81 can I suggest fragrance hotel as well? Haha.

Seriously, what's your budget? Define cheap?
feilong108

Post by feilong108 » 10 Jan 2013 11:36

V Hotel at lavander?

The Mrt Station is right below the hotel...near to city too..a few stops to orchard....bugis.....and the usual shopping areas...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Jan 2013 12:16

VALUE HOTEL is much more expensive than the budget hotels like 81 or FRAGRANCE per night rate.
Look out for some of the hostels situated around Jalan Besar area, some walking distance to North East line that goes towards DHOBY GAUT. Some of these hostels offers single room priced below $60, but toilet have to share with others. Must act fast.
Budget hotels in other areas much more expensive by probably 2 red bills or more than RED LIGHT District, where the 2 nearest stations are Aljunied and SIMs PLACE, the EAST WEST line.

The nearest one that i know near to where i live, is the THEHIVE.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Dsbf

Post by Dsbf » 10 Jan 2013 12:21

All suggestions noted and very much appreciated guys. Keep me coming....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
feilong108

Post by feilong108 » 10 Jan 2013 12:26

V hotel is much safer and less frequent SOUNDS at nite due to the THICKER WALLS....and less chances of heads being crack open....at nite after 1am....better security imo....the price difference is NOT that much difference....one NITE in 81 or FRA..is almost 130 bucks on weekday....and V hotel is ard 190 if i remb correctly....THEHIVE is a backpacker hostel....not A HOTEL....
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 10 Jan 2013 14:18

Try reading from tripadvisor as honestly we don't stay there, we can't advise as well as other tourist who stayed here.

Apart from the usual budget hotels near red light, I believe there are other back packers places.

Good luck in finding one and remember to print the where to buy thread and visit our usual watch hunts :)

Sent from my iPhone
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
oOsiMm

Post by oOsiMm » 10 Jan 2013 15:25

there are quite a number of lower cost hotels ard bugis area,not directly at MRT but within a short-managable walking distance.

as roo mention,do google abt them yourself as they do come with pics/price/map for comparisons.mostly here are locals and we dont really have the experience of staying in local hotels etc unless we run road... lol
Dsbf

Post by Dsbf » 10 Jan 2013 20:55

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Checked agoda.com. The price of the v hotel is close to the price if mandarin orchard. So as of this time, mandarin orchard makes it a better choice. I'm still hoping to find a cheaper hotel though...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fireal

Post by fireal » 12 Jan 2013 00:41

take a look at wotif... always have discounts
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.