Jeryltan

Re: Which Car?

Post by Jeryltan » 06 Jul 2013 14:27

rogue_hog wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:
Lol. Ya. Wrx :) mine no leather seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
No wonder FC high la haha!
Lol no la. I meant normal impreza fuel consumption is high, compated to altis n civic. M6 i nt sure but m6 design nice :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 06 Jul 2013 14:58

rogue_hog wrote:Didn't want to post this at any dedicated makes' forums as it will probably be biased.

Just trying to get some general views and info.

My lady jap colleague, recently posted to SG, wants to buy a car. New or used ok but preferrably new, she said. And she's looking at cat A only.

Suggessted the Toyota Auris to her and she said it costs more than a basic golf. so she wants to look for some vfm options.

Any suggestions? Will be going hunting this weekend with her.
You hunting chio bu? Korean makers Kia and Hyundai have really good designs these days. And is she buying or leasing? May actually make sense to lease unless she is planning on migrating her permanently. It's, Toyota, Honda, Nissan for thoughts on vfm. As roo pointed out COE depreciation is 7k per year before adding anything else. So she has got to be prepared to lose $10-15k per year for new car annually.
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 06 Jul 2013 15:05

She's buying cis will be here for a coupla years. At least 3 years based on her contract. And her husband is posted back to Sg. So likely to stay for a while. Yeah depreciation aside, cos of her job, car required.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 07 Jul 2013 21:56

Thanks bros cosmo, jeryl and ivan for all your inputs.

gave my colleague the short list yesterday and was only able to met her for part 2 of her hunt this afternoon. tried the auris, 316, B classe with her.

Seems like she has surprised me and decided on the auris.

Apparently she tried the impreza, and mazda 6 yesterday on her own.her husband will be getting the mazda 6 so she happy like bird. haha.

anyways, thanks again bros.

Post by 004 » 09 Jul 2013 11:19

^^
The Mazda 6 is a nice relatively inexpensive , but well optioned car "they should be happy with it" .