Don't Bank with uS if you don't have cell phone?

General chit chat and off topics
pacman1188

Don't Bank with uS if you don't have cell phone?

Post by pacman1188 » 09 Jan 2015 21:48

Per subject, went to their Jurong branch today and was told one can only get a queue numder by sending a text message. No cell phone, no queue number. If my 84 yr old mum wanted service, she has to first queue at the reception for a queue number and wait again until her number is called. No priority for Treasures members either. Go to another branch if wanted priority service.... I was told.

4 of their branches have started this procedure and more branches will go this way, I was advised.

But, everyone coming into the bank except me, seems to do exactly what they have been told to do. None actually asked, is this system fair? What is the value added for the average Joe or Jane? Is this system discriminating against a minority group whom cannot use or don't own a cell phone? This is quite disturbing I find. Are we are becoming like sheep's and do what we are without questioning?

The bank officer just gave me one of those BLANK stare when asked. He must be thinking, what dumb @ss, don't even own a cell phone... sigh...

If this system is going to continue, looks like I will have to heed their call, Don't Bank with uS.
balzebub71

Re: Don't Bank with uS if you don't have cell phone?

Post by balzebub71 » 09 Jan 2015 22:52

DBS..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 25 Feb 2015 07:39

Hi Pacman, you will get more mileage if you write in to the newspapers forum.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 26 Feb 2015 11:50

Came out in the news.

Via a mobile device
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 28 Feb 2015 09:39

Yes, instead of having to wait 1 hr standing in line waiting to be served, this is indeed a good option for customers who have no time to waste and do not have the energy to stand too long.

Do Bank with uS.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches