Military Watches- Tawatec M7 Titan Diver GMT

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Vinc04

Military Watches- Tawatec M7 Titan Diver GMT

Post by Vinc04 » 30 Mar 2013 10:10

Military Watches recently stirred my interest and thus started reading more on military watches.. So yesterday, during the unfortunate afternoon (nothing to do also).. Went for a simple walk at the usual suspects watch shops.. That's where this Tawatec M7 Titan Diver GMT caught my attention and unfortunately, it followed me home also (or rather.. Followed my car)... Also a must mention- it's on a Titanium Casing, which is also one of the main factor why I bought it.

I tried to find out more about this watch on forums and Internet but all failed me. Even Tawatec webpage doesn't talk much about this GMT variant. More are about the Titan Divers.. I only saw a few lines mentioning about this GMT.

1. It's a Quartz (yes not auto).. Runs on a Ronda quartz.
2. Diameter is 44mm and with crown probably at 48mm
3. Case is Titanium
4. Black dial with red 12o'clock marker an white numeric hours markers. Inner 24-hr GMT markers and in smaller white numeric fonts.
5. Red seconds hands / white hour and min hands
6. Rubber strap with brushed buckle marking "Taiwatec" words
7. 300m dive depth
8. Lume is blue for 1-11hours markers. 12o'clock markers is orange
9. Crown with crown guards on left 9o'clock - yes it's a lefty
10. Bezel is titanium brushed with engraved markers
11. Sapphire glass
12. Date window is between 4-5hours
13. Tritium tubes on hours markers/ hands etc

It's a very light watch, titanium... And with a rubber strap. It is suitable for my type of work and activities which perspiration is a concern. The design is the thing that caught my eyes.. Military heritage, hardy and I believe is going to be a tough baby.

Size wise also suits my 6.5 wrist.. I like GMT watches and the GMT hand actually follows the inner 24-hrs dial. So logically I hve 2time zones.. And if I rotate the bezel, it can serve as the 3rd time zone too

Lume wise looks fantastic under violet rays in showroom... Hahahhahahah.. In actual, I don't find it very bright... Visible nia (set back)...

But overall, I find it a good watch, a good start on my military collection. Although the brand itself was rarely mentioned, not a atas model... And has limited info about this, I believe it will serve me well. Ok I'll let the pictures do the talking..

I looks forward to bros who has more information about this watch and other military watches to share with me your views and collections.

Have a good weekends bros
chriscentro

Re: Military Watches- Tawatec M7 Titan Diver GMT

Post by chriscentro » 30 Mar 2013 11:21

Congrats bro :)
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 30 Mar 2013 11:28

gxgx bro :mrgreen:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 30 Mar 2013 12:08

used to have this Traser 6506
John.ChiaTC

Post by John.ChiaTC » 30 Mar 2013 12:12

congrats bro. i like the lume shot but my seiko lume is green and how come your is blue. i like the blue lume than green. is there any code for type of lume color?
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 30 Mar 2013 12:43

its different.

those are tritium tubes, like this pic

similar to those found on Ball watches
John.ChiaTC

Post by John.ChiaTC » 30 Mar 2013 14:42

i search for Color Codes

ISO 3157:1991 defines color codes for the daylight appearance of lume, i.e. when it is not glowing:

C1 White
C3 Yellow
C5 Greenish Yellow
C7 Green
C9 Blue-Green

so seiko is use C7? then this Tawatec is using C9?
Kramer

Post by Kramer » 30 Mar 2013 15:34

seiko uses their own proprietary lumibrite, which is essentially c3.
Check my blog out here!
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 30 Mar 2013 16:29

John.ChiaTC wrote:congrats bro. i like the lume shot but my seiko lume is green and how come your is blue. i like the blue lume than green. is there any code for type of lume color?
Bro, the lume color depends on the tritium tubes. Lume colors can range from orange, yellow, green, blue, red etc.. This lume is in blue. Frankly I don't find the lume bright enough as claimed by manufacturer. Supposed to be brighter. Maybe at night the lume is visible but not to my expectation really.
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 30 Mar 2013 16:31

lunarin79 wrote:used to have this Traser 6506
Yah I saw this GMT version but didn't choose it coz I find that the dial is a bit small with the thick bezel around it. Prefer something with a bigger face. Btw how is the lume of this traser? As bright as claimed to be?
niterunner

Post by niterunner » 24 Oct 2013 12:14

Hello all, resurrecting an old thread in an attempt to reach Vinc04, but it seems I can't PM as a newbie, (dumb imo).
Anyway, I've been looking for a simply and tough Tritium Diver for quite some time and the Tawatec Titan titanium fits the bill. I was all ready to place an order on one of the few sites that actually still has the silver models, (opposed to black), when I came across this post.
If anyone knows where I can get this GMT model I would be happy. Maybe someone can PM Vinc04 for me and ask him.
I have searched and so far not found anything for sale.

Thanks