Titoni Thread

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
silverguy

Titoni Thread

Post by silverguy » 23 Apr 2011 21:39

Hi Seniors

Care to help me to ID my late grandmother's watch which have left with me for a long time?? it is a very small automatic watch...Thanks.
silverguy

Re: Titoni Thread

Post by silverguy » 27 Apr 2011 00:14

History

In the year 1851, the watch-making industry was introduced to the small city of Grenchen Switzerland. Many famous watch companies were founded here and have helped make Grenchen an important part of today's Swiss watch business.

Titoni was founded by Fritz Schluep in 1919 in Grenchen and the company is still in the hands of the Schluep family. Titoni is one of the few remaining independent watch enterprises and has made a significant contribution to the history of watchmaking.

"source from wiki"

Please advise....
fireal

Post by fireal » 04 May 2011 14:00

the style is typical of one from the 1960s era. i would suspect it to be of the eta 23XX series

best way to find out is to check under the balance wheel for hallmark and serial
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 04 May 2011 14:36

fireal wrote:the style is typical of one from the 1960s era. i would suspect it to be of the eta 23XX series

best way to find out is to check under the balance wheel for hallmark and serial
Wah....zeh zeh....the number 42363...dont know how to dismantle it...so small piece...it is manual winding n keeping good time....i m rather surprise...
fireal

Post by fireal » 04 May 2011 15:55

good to know its still running

the serial might not mean anything since ive seen many vintage titonis with watch parts that are outsourced to 3rd party manufacturers, ie) movements to eta , case to star watch co etc.

u dont literally have to dismantle the watch , just open case back and look under the balance wheel of the movement. if you need help can ask big e , hes our resident master watch modder :D
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 05 May 2011 18:47

fireal wrote:good to know its still running

the serial might not mean anything since ive seen many vintage titonis with watch parts that are outsourced to 3rd party manufacturers, ie) movements to eta , case to star watch co etc.

u dont literally have to dismantle the watch , just open case back and look under the balance wheel of the movement. if you need help can ask big e , hes our resident master watch modder :D
Zeh zeh chiu oso very pro huan. :)

I ish know nuts abt swiss
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 06 May 2011 01:25

big-e-294 wrote:
fireal wrote:good to know its still running

All pro lar....me just a newbie.....:)
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 06 May 2011 09:01

silverguy wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:

If u dun hv a caseback opener, I am sure u can ask Goh to open up for u to see.
Quite straight forward. Zeh zeh shld be correct, just peep under the balance wheel, no need to touch anything
silverguy

Post by silverguy » 06 May 2011 10:14

big-e-294 wrote:
silverguy wrote:
If u dun hv a caseback opener, I am sure u can ask Goh to open up for u to see.
Quite straight forward. Zeh zeh shld be correct, just peep under the balance wheel, no need to touch anything
Thanks bro:)