[New Release]- [STEINHART]- just an update...

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
telepgm

[New Release]- [STEINHART]- just an update...

Post by telepgm » 07 Dec 2013 14:42

rogue_hog wrote:I am very disappointed. Looks like a seiko fff.
On the contrary, I quite like the simplistic design of it. More sophisticated and class than I imagine. :)
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Ed.YEO

Re: [New Release]- [STEINHART]- just an update...

Post by Ed.YEO » 07 Dec 2013 15:16

Been speechless for couples of hours since the announcement was made...
Still in the mix feelings...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/ocean ... ost7078034" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 07 Dec 2013 15:22

I just think that they wanted a bit too much of the vintage vibe on this.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 08 Dec 2013 21:27

Who here has already preordered either from steinhart itself or gnomon? Sure got some fast hand fast leg bros
Hoot 1st talk later!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 08 Dec 2013 22:18

This release gets a lot of mix feelings. Some likes alot, some don't, i myself is in a dilemma.
Here, in SG, i believe there will be quite a number of folks may had been expecting a release @ 40mm case size, a little smaller, yet close to the original with minor difference.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 09 Dec 2013 07:19

Ed.YEO wrote:This release gets a lot of mix feelings. Some likes alot, some don't, i myself is in a dilemma.
Here, in SG, i believe there will be quite a number of folks may had been expecting a release @ 40mm case size, a little smaller, yet close to the original with minor difference.
I have never for a minute thought they would produce anyone smaller than 42mm. They tend to keep in line with heir current range. I reckon it could be cost driven too. It would cost more from a production standpoint to introduce and manufacture a different case. I don't think there is a 40mm in their current line up. So far there are 38, 42, 44, 47. Their divers are all 42.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 09 Dec 2013 10:08

telepgm wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:I am very disappointed. Looks like a seiko fff.
On the contrary, I quite like the simplistic design of it. More sophisticated and class than I imagine. :)
Looks good, but resembles a vintage rolex sub too much...
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 09 Dec 2013 10:20

A real pity, I wasn't expecting but hoping they would go 40mm with this one. Would have been a home run if they had. I'm sure there will still be many orders for this piece.
Hoot 1st talk later!
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 09 Dec 2013 17:39

Apart from size I think they should have offered this model with an acrylic crystal. A sapphire crystal on a watch with that much vintage cues just doesn't seem right to me.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 09 Dec 2013 20:38

Solanum88 wrote:Apart from size I think they should have offered this model with an acrylic crystal. A sapphire crystal on a watch with that much vintage cues just doesn't seem right to me.
ActuAlly, i,ve been puzzled by this. Does acrylic, hardless or sapphire really make a difference aesthetically? So far all the seiko watches i,ve mod i,ve left the hardlex crystal alone, unless it gets scratched then i change sapphire but comparing the ones i have sapphire with inner ar only, doesn,t look different to hardlex? Although i agree those with outer ar look nice with the blue hue, but then again outer ar tends to wear off over time as well?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Dec 2013 20:55

balzebub71 wrote:
telepgm wrote:
Looks good, but resembles a vintage rolex sub too much...
If there are more "gold" on the markers around the bezel, more reds from the front look...

It will match this Nato very well !
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Dec 2013 21:00

Jeryltan wrote:
Solanum88 wrote:Apart from size I think they should have offered this model with an acrylic crystal. A sapphire crystal on a watch with that much vintage cues just doesn't seem right to me.
ActuAlly, i,ve been puzzled by this. Does acrylic, hardless or sapphire really make a difference aesthetically? ...
From the technical specs point of view... although i'm not clear on this... but i think i will have bigger confidence if the crystal is sapphire to take the 300m approximate depth under water pressure?
Some more it's going to be "scratch free" for some period of time until the day it meets some other materials that's more tougher?
I do agree that using "easy to age" acrylic crystal, adds more feel to the theme of Vintage...
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 09 Dec 2013 21:40

Jeryltan wrote:
ActuAlly, i,ve been puzzled by this. Does acrylic, hardless or sapphire really make a difference aesthetically? So far all the seiko watches i,ve mod i,ve left the hardlex crystal alone, unless it gets scratched then i change sapphire but comparing the ones i have sapphire with inner ar only, doesn,t look different to hardlex? Although i agree those with outer ar look nice with the blue hue, but then again outer ar tends to wear off over time as well?

Hardlex is quite different from acrylic, its more like a mineral glass imo which is very close to sapphire.

I think it does. There's a kind of warmth and distortion that acrylic has and sapphire cannot produce.
When sapphire tries to mimic domed acrylic, it turns out rather odd and usually there is a white "ring" around the domed edge.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 09 Dec 2013 21:54

Ed.YEO wrote:
balzebub71 wrote: Looks good, but resembles a vintage rolex sub too much...
If there are more "gold" on the markers around the bezel, more reds from the front look...

It will match this Nato very well !
I think it already matches very well. That,s the 1st strap that came to my mind when i saw the watch actually. Lol

Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 09 Dec 2013 21:56

Solanum88 wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:

Hardlex is quite different from acrylic, its more like a mineral glass imo which is very close to sapphire.

I think it does. There's a kind of warmth and distortion that acrylic has and sapphire cannot produce.
When sapphire tries to mimic domed acrylic, it turns out rather odd and usually there is a white "ring" around the domed edge.
Hm. Interesting. Never noticed that, but i don,t have any acrylic watches to compare also.

Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 09 Dec 2013 22:02

Ed.YEO wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:
ActuAlly, i,ve been puzzled by this. Does acrylic, hardless or sapphire really make a difference aesthetically? ...
From the technical specs point of view... although i'm not clear on this... but i think i will have bigger confidence if the crystal is sapphire to take the 300m approximate depth under water pressure?
Some more it's going to be "scratch free" for some period of time until the day it meets some other materials that's more tougher?
I do agree that using "easy to age" acrylic crystal, adds more feel to the theme of Vintage...
Acrylic should be fine even at 300m, a couple of great dive watches are rated to 300m and use acrylic (eg. Omega SM300).
Sapphire is more scratch resistant but it shatters if it breaks while scratches on acrylic can be easily buffed away using polywatch.

I think end of the day both materials have their pros and cons.
hwaa

Post by hwaa » 10 Dec 2013 07:46

my 44mm bronze pilot arrived.

lucky didnt go for the 47mm, 44 just nice.. sits quite nicely on wrist.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 Dec 2013 07:07

Steinhart's staff upload of the latest release in with different straps, which the company's owner will be strapping for early X'mas dinner.
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 12 Dec 2013 01:47

Looks quite nice with the leather straps. Maybe shall give this another look on a vintage leather instead of a bracelet.
Hoot 1st talk later!
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 12 Dec 2013 11:00

Ed.YEO wrote:Image
Steinhart's staff upload of the latest release in with different straps, which the company's owner will be strapping for early X'mas dinner.
Strangely I think it looks better here than their actual product shot, the patina lume doesn't look that bad here.