[An Neh Ma Eh Sai?]- how local AD fux U.S AD

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Oct 2011 16:56

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/announ ... ost4341428" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fellow folks... U.S cheap kangtau boh liaoz... thanks to the AD in our little red dot land...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
CoolieND

Re: [An Neh Ma Eh Sai?]- how local AD fux U.S AD

Post by CoolieND » 01 Oct 2011 17:29

Sad... wonder if the SG store would even be around w/o the US distributor doing the ground work and especially putting out those awesome M199S prices over the past few years. Oh well, guess it's how things work.

I'm still going to be more likely to buy Seagulls from the USA and Hong Kong before looking at the AD here as an option... but that's just me.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Oct 2011 17:32

Howz the price from KengWah compare to HK and U.S? Competitive? I guess we're now left with one option if want to feel and buy in this little red dot island lor...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
softup

Post by softup » 01 Oct 2011 17:46

Ed.YEO wrote:http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/announ ... ost4341428

Fellow folks... U.S cheap kangtau boh liaoz... thanks to the AD in our little red dot land...
why must it be from little red dot land ... :evil:
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Oct 2011 17:55

ok... my apologies...
but when 1 fella from the country of origin bang table back to their HQ during their monthly sales performance meeting for unable to take the bullet in pricing competition, in addition he/she not Singaporean, these people are giving other representatives of other market bad impression that "Singapore" people like to complain... hence... a bad reputation to our own land.

Just my 2 cents lah...
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 01 Oct 2011 18:15

No choice. Even russia2all can't ship to SG too due to distributionship agreement.

Anyway our brick and mortar stores are too complacent already.

I think shopping online is more widely accepted already. Look at borders, falling victim to Internet shopping.

Sent via iPhone
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 Oct 2011 18:18

softup wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote:http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/announ ... ost4341428

why must it be from little red dot land ... :evil:
Here's a good example of negative impression on SG that pops up today...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/announ ... ost4344134" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 02 Oct 2011 20:04

This kind of excuse can only be used once.

If next qtr sales sucks, who's he gonna blame ? Taobao ?

Sent via iPhone
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 02 Oct 2011 23:31

Think I'll buy that Wuyi piece being designed. Love the design cues he's taken in so far...
Lehnsherr

Post by Lehnsherr » 03 Oct 2011 15:08

wah totally pui chao nua at the local distributor. First thing is blaming people from not buying from them but in Singapore I dont think Seagull has the popularity

Secondly their prices are so much more expensive than USA prices. So locals/watch collectors that know about Seagull obviously buys it from USA. Its like I pay for shipping is still even cheaper than buying locally.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Sep 2013 14:04

I wonder how their sales figure improved then after then...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/sea-gu ... 15689.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wah lau ehh... SEAGULL SG machiam very desperate... photoshop on their own watch!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 14 Sep 2013 15:06

They seem to have moved out of People's Park Complex as I didn't see them when I was there recently ( I might be wrong though)
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 15 Sep 2013 12:55

chriscentro wrote:They seem to have moved out of People's Park Complex as I didn't see them when I was there recently ( I might be wrong though)
They are sharing a unit with another shop at Adelphi, just one counter, don't think they are doing well?
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 15 Sep 2013 13:10

balzebub71 wrote:They are sharing a unit with another shop at Adelphi, just one counter, don't think they are doing well?
Maybe just a temporary renting?
But wait... they seems to have moved there for numbers of months oredi... at the kind of price and the kind of discounts they offer... even though they managed to "squeeze" into a place in a geographically advantageous area where the elite trade offices are... ...most would rather spend that kind of money on higher end SWISS makes than the Tiong makes, which may not hold certain value at all.
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 15 Sep 2013 14:36

balzebub71 wrote:
chriscentro wrote:They seem to have moved out of People's Park Complex as I didn't see them when I was there recently ( I might be wrong though)
They are sharing a unit with another shop at Adelphi, just one counter, don't think they are doing well?
The one inside Jaben?
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 15 Sep 2013 15:20

KKFA wrote:
balzebub71 wrote: They are sharing a unit with another shop at Adelphi, just one counter, don't think they are doing well?
The one inside Jaben?
Yah I think so..they are priced high compared to seagull USA and compared to Seagull web store on 天猫
I want to be a one watch guy!!
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 15 Sep 2013 15:32

Thanks. Was browsing the other day and saw the watch counter. Pieces there did not sing to me so no purchase. Heng ah!
yoshiki

Post by yoshiki » 16 Sep 2013 11:35

KKFA wrote:
balzebub71 wrote: They are sharing a unit with another shop at Adelphi, just one counter, don't think they are doing well?
The one inside Jaben?
no wonder I saw Jaben posting some seagull watches on his fb as well. I thought how come he got sudden liking for seagull watches.
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 16 Sep 2013 11:58

Jaben as in the audiophile store?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 2
ckw

Post by ckw » 17 Sep 2013 12:34

Diospada wrote:Jaben as in the audiophile store?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 2
yup, Adelphi, Jaben headphone shop shifted to 1st floor facing funan side...saw a small section show case of Seagull facing the main door.