[New Release]- [UHREN von UHR]- just an update...

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

Re: [New Release]- [UHREN von UHR]- just an update...

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Dec 2012 14:02

Dunno why wor... the more i look @ this

the more it look like this

yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 13 Dec 2012 14:12

Ed.YEO wrote:
the crown is so slim
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 13 Dec 2012 23:29

Ed.YEO wrote:Dunno why wor... the more i look @ this

How about this....

Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Dec 2012 23:59

roo7 wrote:How about this....

This one less dull... at least got color decoration. Erm... classic factor... very subjective ley...
it's like the old LADA SAMARA
or DATSUN D120
which will stay that way. Will not look like classic watch when time passes due to it's half modern and half classic contours.
I still find that STRELA with sharp outlines will continue to hold it's image to represent the time it's design was made. Even though when time is going to pass, WIS seeing this piece
...will probably stop and ask you is it that you inherit this from your senior. You know... the time when cars with sharp boxy outlines all over the body... from CADILLAC,
to Volvo 7xx in the 80s...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Ed.YEO

UHR-442 -a new diver release with brandless dial

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Apr 2013 00:49

UHR-442 200m Diver (new release that's previously not listed in UHR catalogue)
46.5mm SS casing with, SS bracelet, sapphire crystal, ETA2824 automatic movement with date wheel, SS rotating bezel with etched in markers, brandless black dial with bigger lumed index markers and broad hands.

Front View

Back case

328eu- VAT exclusive with shipping to SG
more details @
http://www.uhr.info/products/en/Divers- ... -4421.html
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 03 Apr 2013 09:31

They should do something about their logo.....
Not as active.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 03 Apr 2013 10:05

Looks like seiko divers.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Apr 2013 10:15

roo7 wrote:They should do something about their logo.....
They hv to stay low profile in the German watch business field i guess... hence, no big and cheesy, attractive logo to boost their name...
Sometime i wonder, UHR have quite a few designs identical to major names(DAVOSA, GUINAND, MERCURE or GERMANY for example...) in the Timepiece Business across the Europe, but they never got sued... Are they kind of like Volkswagen in the Horology business? You know, the kind of maker who makes watch for other brands, which in a certain way like Vollmer?

Their ability to offer 5yrs warranty to their products kind of signifies they hv the kind of business scale in the industry...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Apr 2013 10:16

rogue_hog wrote:Looks like seiko divers.
SEIKO much different lo... tries much to be "macho" on their design
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 03 Apr 2013 11:32

Ed.YEO wrote:
They hv to stay low profile in the German watch business field i guess... hence, no big and cheesy, attractive logo to boost their name...
Actually I find the bold UHR big and cheesy. Haha.
Not as active.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 03 Apr 2013 11:41

Ed.YEO wrote:
Sometime i wonder, UHR have quite a few designs identical to major names(DAVOSA, GUINAND, MERCURE or GERMANY for example...) in the Timepiece Business across the Europe, but they never got sued... Are they kind of like Volkswagen in the Horology business? You know, the kind of maker who makes watch for other brands, which in a certain way like Vollmer?

Their ability to offer 5yrs warranty to their products kind of signifies they hv the kind of business scale in the industry...
You mean like oem? Or cm? Kinda like foxconn, quanta etc?

Vw do not make cars for other brands. All the brands within the vw group share platforms, engines, technology etc. Audi is akin to Lexus or infinity in the vw portfolio. Vw is the equivalent of Toyota in that sense. Skoda is kinda like dahaitsu.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Apr 2013 12:12

rogue_hog wrote:You mean like oem? Or cm? Kinda like foxconn, quanta etc?

Vw do not make cars for other brands. All the brands within the vw group share platforms, engines, technology etc. Audi is akin to Lexus or infinity in the vw portfolio. Vw is the equivalent of Toyota in that sense. Skoda is kinda like dahaitsu.
yeah something like that kind of business practise... like what you pointed out... under 1 group, 1 common platform, 1 common engineering... machaim VW owns AUDI and SKODA, FIAT with SEAT, GM with DAEWOO, CHEVROLET, VAUXHALL UK, HOLDEN AU... which i'm not sure the correct business term to describe...
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 03 Apr 2013 12:15

Don't think uhr's biz model is similar to vw's set up. I reckon they are more simae to how Hp and apple works. Maybe they themsved are a cm.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 03 Apr 2013 12:16

To be like Vw, ge set up would mean there's a parent vpnpany
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 03 Apr 2013 12:34

Swatch group is the closest to what I describe in the watch world.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 03 Apr 2013 12:50

They could be watch case manufacturers that other watch companies outsourced to.. we never know..

So in a way they have similar case design..
Not as active.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Apr 2013 13:03

roo7 wrote:...So in a way they have similar case design..
Not only similar case design, specs and dial also closely the same... this is where i'm curious... They should have been sued till their pants dropped, but they still can survive and give 5ys warranty to their products... :roll:
korolev

Post by korolev » 09 May 2013 01:17

roo7 wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote:Dunno why wor... the more i look @ this

How about this....

wah LLD?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 May 2013 01:24

korolev wrote:wah LLD?
Unfortunately... discontinued liao... now have to wait and see whether UHR will release that again boh...
Recently veri poisoned with classic design...

Or should i go for bauhaus design...
http://www.uhrbox.de/Rotor-Uhr-klassisc ... til-9R38MI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed.YEO

After a near... 2yrs break... time for an update on the make

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Apr 2015 15:58

For those modding geeks here...
UHR had released Rollie Homage Miyota 8215 movement dive watches in the last numbers of months... priced @ 155eu inclusive of shipping to SG. (Buy more... duh... save more on shipping charges.)

General specs of the watches...
42mm SS cases, Mineral Glass crystal, unbranded dial, 200m WR, all comes with bracelet configuration.
5 variants to choose from, see pic...
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Optional Sapphire glass available with the black bezel model only...