Official Omega Speedmaster Thread

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
telepgm

Re: Official Omega Speedmaster Thread

Post by telepgm » 20 Jul 2013 22:33

balzebub71 wrote:Anyone knows where to service a speed master besides the official omega service centre under swatch group? Was quoted $1065 to service my speedy.....hoping to find a cheaper and reliable alternative?
Do you still require an alternative for repair & overhaul for your speedy? I go to the fine folks of Bronzeage for various counts.

PM if you need details. :) cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
atossg

Post by atossg » 22 Jul 2013 22:29

Speedmaster is a great watch with a very reliable calibre. There are those who said the Omega engine is better than Rolex but somehow the value is lower locally. Had a Speedmaster and had never regretted buying it.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 14 Aug 2013 11:04

telepgm wrote:
balzebub71 wrote:Anyone knows where to service a speed master besides the official omega service centre under swatch group? Was quoted $1065 to service my speedy.....hoping to find a cheaper and reliable alternative?
Do you still require an alternative for repair & overhaul for your speedy? I go to the fine folks of Bronzeage for various counts.

oops only saw your reply today. Ended up sending my speedmaster to Swatch for servicing, paid around $950, full service, replacement of crystal and quite a few other parts, plus polishing of bracelet and case. Not too bad i guess and the 2 year warranty is a bonus.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 14 Aug 2013 11:45

balzebub71 wrote:
telepgm wrote:

oops only saw your reply today. Ended up sending my speedmaster to Swatch for servicing, paid around $950, full service, replacement of crystal and quite a few other parts, plus polishing of bracelet and case. Not too bad i guess and the 2 year warranty is a bonus.
The $950 you have paid for is for a peace of mind & good will from Swatch. I'd do the same if I have spare cash.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 16 Aug 2013 22:00

Maybe OT a bit. Servicing at Swatch may not be all that good. Didn't know till I gave my old seamaster to Mr. Goh of K2 to service. He asked where I had last serviced the watch as he noted that a pair of the screws inside was wrongly inserted into the other's place. He was surprised when I told him that the service was done by Swatch Group.
I believe Mr. Goh has nothing to gain in this so I tend to believe him. This goes to show that mistakes do happen even at authorised dealers servicjng centers.
Just thought I 'd share this. No malice intended.
Sweepinghands

Post by Sweepinghands » 20 Mar 2014 11:50

I've been researching Speedys for a while now and I must say this thread consolidates most of the knowledge out there and makes so much more sense to me. Finally I begin to see the difference in the different speedys. :)

Looking at a 1982 speedy pro now on one of the sites. But not sure if it's a good idea because it will come from overseas and the Price looks a little high.

Anywhere in Sg I can go hunting?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 21 Mar 2014 15:34

Sweepinghands wrote:I've been researching Speedys for a while now and I must say this thread consolidates most of the knowledge out there and makes so much more sense to me. Finally I begin to see the difference in the different speedys. :)

Looking at a 1982 speedy pro now on one of the sites. But not sure if it's a good idea because it will come from overseas and the Price looks a little high.

Anywhere in Sg I can go hunting?

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Bencoolen has a few shops with quite a few speedies but pricing wise im not too sure. Buying direct from owner would be a better option though.
Sweepinghands

Post by Sweepinghands » 21 Mar 2014 15:36

Thanks for the response. Been to bencoolen before and some of the prices are quite hiong.

I will continue to trawl the forums. Lol

sent from my tritium tube with tapatalk
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 10 May 2014 22:58

I came across a 50th anni speedmaster handwound coaxial limited to 1957 pcs. This is the same release as the patch 50th which was I think limited to the 2000s.

This is supposed to be bnib but asking price is very high. Over 10k.

I read the thread and most advise not to get a auto one. But this is a handwinding, but coaxial with display caseback and sapphire glass, is it worth the premium over the normal speedy pro.. more importantly worth collectlng?

Comments anyone?
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 May 2014 23:36

KKFA wrote:I came across a 50th anni speedmaster handwound coaxial limited to 1957 pcs. This is the same release as the patch 50th which was I think limited to the 2000s.

I read the thread and most advise not to get a auto one. But this is a handwinding, but coaxial with display caseback and sapphire glass, is it worth the premium over the normal speedy pro.. more importantly worth collectlng?

Comments anyone?
imo i never buy watches more than the original cost, i take it as a missed opportunity to get it new then. To me i would rather buy something current and the similar price. At 10k i would Rather get a "dark side of the moon".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 11 May 2014 09:46

KKFA wrote:I came across a 50th anni speedmaster handwound coaxial limited to 1957 pcs. This is the same release as the patch 50th which was I think limited to the 2000s.

Comments anyone?
I love speed masters but paying more than retail is pffft..No go for me. Not worth it IMHO. Would rather get the Apollo-Soyuz limited edition with 1861cal and meteorite steel dial. To me that's really special and closer to the original moon watch.

For the coaxial powered ones, much prefer the Dark Side of the moon or the Mkii reissue.

Sent from my Hongmi
I want to be a one watch guy!!
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 11 May 2014 10:36

Thanks for the comments.

I did some checking and found that the recommended retail was 11500 usd in 2007. So it would aeem that the price quoted to me was retail with a slight discount. Of course there but being still bnib pieces also means thatbit is less collectable?

The coaxial ones I have seen have 2 sub dials like dsom. In fact I have handled the actual piece of dsom and did not really find it that great. Especially since it is not limited and would have less collectability?

Thanks again and will mull over it further. Have a great Sunday.
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 13 Jun 2014 15:53

I wouldn't consider any LE Speedmaster simply because Omega has released so versions commemorating various events that that you are more likely to pick a dud than a true collectable.
Apart from the Snoopy, most LE speedies seem to do rather badly. Look at the 50th Patch, Alaska Project or even the Gemini IV, they hardly fetch more than $5k in LNIB condition.

IMO the only Speedies worth getting are the 3750.50, 3753.50 or even better, a cal. 321 (if you have the time and resources to source for parts when a service is due) .
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 23 Jun 2014 15:29

Anyone for the Light side of the moon or lunar dust?
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 31 Jul 2014 13:32

Solanum88 wrote:I wouldn't consider any LE Speedmaster simply because Omega has released so versions commemorating various events that that you are more likely to pick a dud than a true collectable.
Apart from the Snoopy, most LE speedies seem to do rather badly. Look at the 50th Patch, Alaska Project or even the Gemini IV, they hardly fetch more than $5k in LNIB condition.

IMO the only Speedies worth getting are the 3750.50, 3753.50 or even better, a cal. 321 (if you have the time and resources to source for parts when a service is due) .
The Speedmaster does come in many LE variants, and most aren't that fantastic. The basic, no frills Moonwatch is probably the one to get. However, the Dark Side of the Moon variant is very nice.

Saw 3 Speedmasters for less than $2k each at Far East. Unfortunately, they were the 38mm versions, too small for me.