[New Release]- [STEINHART]- just an update...

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Jeryltan

Re: [New Release]- [STEINHART]- just an update...

Post by Jeryltan » 08 Mar 2014 06:12

Ed.YEO wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:
Yeap chio. But see the spec should be expensive at about 3k :(
Reference base on the last 3 COSC releases...
Ed.YEO wrote:Well... we have to give the CREDIT to ETA of SWATCH Group!

Released on December 2010- "Edizione limitata Grigio", limited release of 20pc priced @ 1075eu w/shipping each
More discussion and pics @
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/MARIN ... n,328.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/marin ... 93323.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Released on December 2011- "Edizione limitata AZZURRO", limited release of 20pc priced @ 1165eu w/shipping each
More discussion and pics @
http://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/MARIN ... O,484.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/stein ... ost4495325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

December 2012- "Edizione limitata BRONZO", limited release of 55pc priced @ 1215euw/shipping
...should be close... few orange bills away?
You,re guessing it,ll be around 2.5k? But 2.5k would get me a mm300 as well, or a sdgz005 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 08 Mar 2014 12:17

Jeryltan wrote:You,re guessing it,ll be around 2.5k? But 2.5k would get me a mm300 as well, or a sdgz005 :)
Perhaps a little more... but lesser than 3k(hopefully)... the badging of COSC, in a certain way... demands such a pricing...
As for is it worth, it's up to individual. Certainly the MM will draw your attention, no doubt about that.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
doinkydoink

Post by doinkydoink » 08 Mar 2014 12:32

Ed.YEO wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:You,re guessing it,ll be around 2.5k? But 2.5k would get me a mm300 as well, or a sdgz005 :)
Perhaps a little more... but lesser than 3k(hopefully)... the badging of COSC, in a certain way... demands such a pricing...
As for is it worth, it's up to individual. Certainly the MM will draw your attention, no doubt about that.
Alamak. And I was guessing 2k.
COSC cost so much more. :ugeek:

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk 2
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 08 Mar 2014 12:34

Ed.YEO wrote:
Ya guess it,s personal preferance. Just that at 2.5k-3k ,i would have other watches in mind. Lol
If this were a iwc release, it would be 10k though. So relatively speaking, still value for. Money. Lol

Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 10 Mar 2014 08:38

Think people are hoping its around S$2k but it will probably be closer to S$3k, which at that price range, it gives others more options. It is a beautiful piece but keep in mind you need to have a 7.5in wrist to carry it off with the long lugs (of course its a personal opinion but it tickles to see someone wear something too big for them. (watches or not)
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Mar 2014 09:06

Cosmograph wrote:Think people are hoping its around S$2k but it will probably be closer to S$3k, ...
Base on the current x-rate, it'll be between 2.5 to 2.7... source? according to the one of the trust worthy contact from WUS...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 Mar 2014 09:19

Cosmograph wrote:Think people are hoping its around S$2k but it will probably be closer to S$3k, which at that price range, it gives others more options. It is a beautiful piece but keep in mind you need to have a 7.5in wrist to carry it off with the long lugs (of course its a personal opinion but it tickles to see someone wear something too big for them. (watches or not)
Depend on individual i guess. I have 6inch wrist and i prefer the 47mm pilots and my biggest watch is 49mm. Lol
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 Mar 2014 09:24

Ed.YEO wrote:
Cosmograph wrote:Think people are hoping its around S$2k but it will probably be closer to S$3k, ...
Base on the current x-rate, it'll be between 2.5 to 2.7... source? according to the one of the trust worthy contact from WUS...
Don't forget about gst. They ship by fedex so gst is confirm tio 1. Even once i went all the way to alps to self collect thinking maybe won't kerna gst since it's within customs area and up to me to declare. But still fedex sent me love letter. Lol
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 10 Mar 2014 12:28

too expensive for me liao...
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Mar 2014 13:42

balzebub71 wrote:too expensive for me liao...
Roughly 700USD goes to that piece of COSC paper... it's like that one lah...
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 10 Mar 2014 14:27

Ed.YEO wrote:
balzebub71 wrote:too expensive for me liao...
Roughly 700USD goes to that piece of COSC paper... it's like that one lah...
Fwah yah lor, even for other lower tier brands like tissot, mido etc, the price difference between COSC certified and non COSC certified is quite large...around $700-$1,000.
I wish watch companies would regulate their watches to COSC specifications for time keeping without the COSC certification and charge a small premium over those not regulated to such specs..
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 Mar 2014 14:54

balzebub71 wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote: Roughly 700USD goes to that piece of COSC paper... it's like that one lah...
Fwah yah lor, even for other lower tier brands like tissot, mido etc, the price difference between COSC certified and non COSC certified is quite large...around $700-$1,000.
I wish watch companies would regulate their watches to COSC specifications for time keeping without the COSC certification and charge a small premium over those not regulated to such specs..
Imo. Cosc certification is just a look good/ feel good thing. I would say 90% of my watches fall within cosc standards even though none of them are cosc certified. And surprisingly, my ,most accurate watch is a 4r35 powered. It deivates less than 10secs per week after regulating by Mr Goh 8O was monitoring it for about 1 month and was very surprised.

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Mar 2014 15:05

balzebub71 wrote:Fwah yah lor, even for other lower tier brands like tissot, mido etc, the price difference between COSC certified and non COSC certified is quite large...around $700-$1,000... ...
It's always those kind of SWISS Watch Industry marketing stuff that affects the price of the watches...
Should you have seen the reviews just on the movements in past WUS posts... they did a test on the 775x calibres, and came into conclusion that the movements performs very well close to the COSC specs. There's no really such need to go after "COSC" to some collectors. Such extras can be saved to hoot other watches in the market... 700USD?!! Can get me a laptop to surf SC65 lor...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Mar 2014 15:06

One thing we cannot deny... Have paper is like have some kind of recognition "birth cert of existence" in the European watch world... adds more value when come to flipping... :D
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 10 Mar 2014 16:23

Ah yes having paper will add more value when flipping and to be honest NONE of my non COSC certified watches run close to or at COSC specs. Not even those that claim to be top grade ETA movements that are regulated to X number of positions at the factory...In fact said top grade ETA movement keeps time worse than my watches with standard and elabore grade ETA movement.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 Mar 2014 16:53

balzebub71 wrote:Ah yes having paper will add more value when flipping and to be honest NONE of my non COSC certified watches run close to or at COSC specs. Not even those that claim to be top grade ETA movements that are regulated to X number of positions at the factory...In fact said top grade ETA movement keeps time worse than my watches with standard and elabore grade ETA movement.
Sorry just to clarify. Cosc is -4/+6 per day right? You mean all your watches vary more than this per day even after regulating?

Last edited by Jeryltan on 10 Mar 2014 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 Mar 2014 17:01

Anyway for those interested. 5pm our time is 10am Augsburg time which is usually when they will post new models. So time to look out if you,re keen :) as for me, will probably give it a ,miss seeing the expected price :(

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Mar 2014 17:11

Jeryltan wrote:Anyway for those interested. 5pm our time is 10am Augsburg time...
:?: I thought we are 6hrs apart? Now in Germany is 1111hrs right? :?:
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 10 Mar 2014 17:13

Ed.YEO wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:Anyway for those interested. 5pm our time is 10am Augsburg time...
:?: I thought we are 6hrs apart? Now in Germany is 1111hrs right? :?:
My world clock put 1013am now le. LolImage
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 10 Mar 2014 18:35

Jeryltan wrote:
balzebub71 wrote:Ah yes having paper will add more value when flipping and to be honest NONE of my non COSC certified watches run close to or at COSC specs. Not even those that claim to be top grade ETA movements that are regulated to X number of positions at the factory...In fact said top grade ETA movement keeps time worse than my watches with standard and elabore grade ETA movement.
Sorry just to clarify. Cosc is -4/+6 per day right? You mean all your watches vary more than this per day even after regulating?

For example my SINN U2 which i have since flipped, runs at from +6s to +10s a day when worn / kept on winder / in watch box, it tends to lose time when placed crown up an gain when place dial up. This is out of COSC spec but within manufacturer spec, so how to regulate? They will say it's within their stated tolerances. My other non-COSC pieces are my seikos with 7S26 movements, orients, oris, tissot etc, all run out of COSC specs but within manufacturer specs hence cannot get 3rd party to regulate if i dont want to risk voiding my warranty.....