Deutsch Zeitmesser : Steinhart

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

Re: Deutsch Zeitmesser : Steinhart

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Feb 2012 18:43

Even with brushed finish, the STEINHART dial will be a real eye catcher with the complementing lume used. Archimede so far have not seen with snap shots posted in other forums... so really couldn't tell how much good it will look.

I think you can check on brudder sys12345 post for a good look on the STEINHART 44 Nav Chrono.
If i'm not wrong... should be this?
http://forums.seikoclubsg.com/viewtopic ... 2718#p2718" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Feb 2012 18:46

Ahhh... no...
This is the one that brudder sys12345 owned till now.
http://forums.seikoclubsg.com/viewtopic ... 1476#p1476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 13 Feb 2012 23:16

Ed.YEO wrote:Ahhh... no...
This is the one that brudder sys12345 owned till now.
http://forums.seikoclubsg.com/viewtopic ... 1476#p1476" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
i found one:
http://www.blogmywatch.com/index.php?al ... G_5717.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.blogmywatch.com/albums/Anteu ... G_6165.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Feb 2012 23:26

big-e-294 wrote:i found one:
http://www.blogmywatch.com/index.php?al ... G_5717.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.blogmywatch.com/albums/Anteu ... G_6165.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This...
vs this...
(sorry brudder sys12345, got to borrow your picture from WUS)

Blue is more sexy... IMO... ;) ;) ;)
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 13 Feb 2012 23:55

Ed.YEO wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:i found one:

This...
vs this...
(sorry brudder sys12345, got to borrow your picture from WUS)

Blue is more sexy... IMO... ;) ;) ;)
very true... blue lume is sexy.

so the lume on steinhart is really blue?
and not coz the white balance is a bit off, coz i get the same affect when i take a snap of my mm300 with my iphone:

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Feb 2012 01:00

big-e-294 wrote:very true... blue lume is sexy.

and not coz the white balance is a bit off, coz i get the same affect when i take a snap of my mm300 with my iphone:

found a comment about the STEINHART Chrono lume from WUS... dunno whether it helps?
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/some- ... ost2739294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sinner1974

Post by sinner1974 » 14 Feb 2012 07:29

Confirm and chop the lume is blue colour :)
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 14 Feb 2012 08:51

Ed.YEO wrote:
big-e-294 wrote:very true... blue lume is sexy.

found a comment about the STEINHART Chrono lume from WUS... dunno whether it helps?
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f275/some- ... ost2739294" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thx bro.
I think it's best to take a trip to gnomon and compare both side by side.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Feb 2012 08:58

Just to let you know, the STEINHART Nav Chrono @ Gnomon is not available with bracelet, only leather strap. If you get the bracelet from them, it will cost you much more than you order straight full set from Germany.
big-e-294

Post by big-e-294 » 14 Feb 2012 09:38

Ed.YEO wrote:Just to let you know, the STEINHART Nav Chrono @ Gnomon is not available with bracelet, only leather strap. If you get the bracelet from them, it will cost you much more than you order straight full set from Germany.
Thx for the heads up. But I prefer on leather.
My own opinion, i feel pilot watches looks best on leather...
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 14 Feb 2012 10:39

aft google tis Archimede then noe they hab awarded winning 1st place in Focus magazine's Golden Unruh awards in the under 1000 EUR category in 2008 and 3rd place in 2009. I noe sumhuan hab make a gd choice... 8-) gxgx bro

Quote:
Classic design and engineering precision come together in this outstanding pilot's chronograph. The movement is the rugged, yet highly accurate, Swiss-made ETA 7750 automatic. The finely crafted three-piece stainless steel case is available in either finely brushed or black PVD finish. The oversized diamond crown and large pushers make using this watch a pleasure. Under the sapphire crystal, the black dial features clear luminous hands and numbers and discreet date at six o'clock.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 16 Feb 2012 10:13

The Ocean Vintage Military is an absolute stunner, I got it for less than $600 from Anders of Gnonmon.

Only thing I wish for is that it could a little smaller at 39.5mm or 40mm. 42mm is a handsome size, especially on a blue-grey NATO - but it's not "vintage" in terms of size.

All in all, I'm still lovin it! Cheerios to Anders and Christine.

Best - Tele
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
sys12345

Post by sys12345 » 29 Feb 2012 12:41

Not sure if i'm a little late here but u can get the Nav B Chrono II bracelet from Gunter and the leather strap (of your choice) can be thrown in FOC. :D

big-e-294 wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote:Just to let you know, the STEINHART Nav Chrono @ Gnomon is not available with bracelet, only leather strap. If you get the bracelet from them, it will cost you much more than you order straight full set from Germany.
Thx for the heads up. But I prefer on leather.
My own opinion, i feel pilot watches looks best on leather...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 29 Feb 2012 12:55

sys12345 wrote:Not sure if i'm a little late here but u can get the Nav B Chrono II bracelet from Gunter and the leather strap (of your choice) can be thrown in FOC. :D
Hmm... could be a little late oredi, as brudder big-e had left the state liaoz... Hopefully he still log-in to this forum while he's outside...
sys12345

Post by sys12345 » 29 Feb 2012 18:39

No worries... he can always get one another time. Its not a LE or a forum watch like the Black Sea! :roll:
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 29 Feb 2012 23:15

sys12345 wrote:No worries... he can always get one another time. Its not a LE or a forum watch like the Black Sea! :roll:
Yah lor ... Too bad that the black sea is only availae for those from the Russian forum. What a good priced GMT to missed.
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 08 Aug 2012 11:21

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but just curious... To order the Nav-B Chrono II direct from Steinhart's website would only come up to about 1.1k max, why would anyone still want to get it from Gnomon? I'm a little confused...
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 08 Aug 2012 11:27

less waiting time i guess

another thing prob is the local warranty?
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 08 Aug 2012 12:27

lunarin79 wrote:less waiting time i guess

another thing prob is the local warranty?
Brudder Lun had stated one part of the factor which why some collectors in SG preferred to get from Gnomon, Yes... save that hassle of sending back to Germany.

But if we're to look back more than a yr ago, when 1euro was to 2+SGD, during that time if you order from Germany straight, the savings is only 100 or 200 dollars, compare to now when 1euro to 1.53SGD... you get more than 200 dollars savings...
Back to Gnomon, their list price now is base on USD. It will be that figure all the way until the next price adjustment. There won't be any toning down as well, even if there's such as day when 1USD might fall on par with 1SGD.
rogue_hog

Deutsch Zeitmesser : Steinhart

Post by rogue_hog » 08 Aug 2012 14:40

salokiN wrote:Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but just curious... To order the Nav-B Chrono II direct from Steinhart's website would only come up to about 1.1k max, why would anyone still want to get it from Gnomon? I'm a little confused...
I got both my steinharts from gnomon. Reasons are simple.
1) I like to physicLly see and try the watch first. It might look good on print but might not look that great on your wrist.

2) convenience. Like bros mentioned. Should any issues arise, we can just send it to gnomon. If you get direct, you,ll have to arrange to ship it back yourself.