Seagull

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
balzebub71

Re: Seagull

Post by balzebub71 » 21 Mar 2014 20:48

Seagull 1963 not official Seagull Tianjin product, those that roll off the Tianjin factory look different and cost 600 or more. Hence 1963s sold by Thomas, watch unique, Seagull Singapore are not sure assembled where using what kind of quality parts...so yes quality is truly hit and miss. For me $300 to $400 is too much for dodgy quality.

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 21 Mar 2014 20:49

lunarin79 wrote:
Sweepinghands wrote:Hello! Newbie here.

I nearly bought a 1963 reissue recently from Thomas but hesitated at the last minute because I read that the waterproofing is non existent. Some said sweat also may get moisture inside. :')

Anyone has encounters of this nature? Also, where can I see the 1963 resissue in sg? I went to ion one of the watch shop saw seagull but no have this model.

sent from my tritium tube with tapatalk
the seagull shop at Adelphi might have this 1963 model.
Adelphi charges $398 for the 38mm 1963 the last time I asked.

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
Sweepinghands

Post by Sweepinghands » 21 Mar 2014 21:33

Great advice. You guys just confirmed that it was a right move to not buy.

But I think the 1963 reissue looks really good. Too bad. I will keep looking. :)

Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 22 Mar 2014 10:35

Sweepinghands wrote:Hello! Newbie here.

I nearly bought a 1963 reissue recently from Thomas but hesitated at the last minute because I read that the waterproofing is non existent. Some said sweat also may get moisture inside. :')

Anyone has encounters of this nature? Also, where can I see the 1963 resissue in sg? I went to ion one of the watch shop saw seagull but no have this model.

Buy at your own discretion, seagull or not, AD/PI. Swiss, German, Jap etc. Everyone has a story for each brand if you want to go search and look. If you don't feel comfortable, don't buy. Even G Shock is not close to what it was. Different people have different experiences with each brand and retailer etc. BTW, Mr Goh like many local watch makers do not believe that Chinese watches are worth it. neither do they service it. Yes they can share their experience but that would be like me taking 100% fact/absolute truth of Mr Goh's servicing experience with Swiss(all grades) Chronos. (And Mr Goh is a great man and we do love him here including me.)
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
metalgear

Post by metalgear » 26 Mar 2014 23:28

seagull 1963 42mm looks good and 2 year warranty... i think i'm going to pull the trigger on this one.
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 21 Apr 2014 14:59

I'm intending to buy the M199S but I see the one listed below for $399 which I assume to be in usd. From what I read the M199s are no longer being sold for 399 but 550 upwards? I can't seem to find the source and origin of this website. Anyone have any idea?

Our local seagull site lists it $900. :shock:

http://www.seagullwatchstore.com/SEAGUL ... /m199s.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hoot 1st talk later!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 21 Apr 2014 15:21

Paladium wrote:I'm intending to buy the M199S but I see the one listed below for $399 which I assume to be in usd. From what I read the M199s are no longer being sold for 399 but 550 upwards? I can't seem to find the source and origin of this website. Anyone have any idea?

Our local seagull site lists it $900. :shock:

http://www.seagullwatchstore.com/SEAGUL ... /m199s.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
To help you better...
Ed.YEO wrote:Discussion now on, on the models with SEAGULL brand offer by this eseller in EBAY.
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/does-a ... 99786.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seller's EBAY listing on
the CLASSIC SS casing- http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEA-GULL-M1 ... 41703e57f6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the R.GOLD casing- http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEA-GULL-M1 ... 416fbd77ff" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
on other watches...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Jewelry-Watches ... yueyuebest" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 22 Apr 2014 10:56

Thanks Ed!
Hoot 1st talk later!
metalgear

Post by metalgear » 05 May 2014 08:03

Sweepinghands wrote:Sounds great. Anyone encountered quality issues with the 1963.

I spoke to Mr Goh of K2 and he advised against it due to the hit and miss quality. I'm just looking for a second opinion. :p

just got the 1963 from adelphi few weeks back. good accuracy and feels good. not as solid as the citizens and seikos of course as this is a replica vintage design. and lets be honest its CHEAP.

if you're borderlining into vintage watches, I'd say the 1963 is an excellent place to start - a bit of history and a bit more care required. local purchase and warranty helps with peace of mind.

great conversation starter.

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 05 May 2014 10:30

metalgear wrote:[

nice pickup.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Trident

Post by Trident » 23 May 2014 21:47

metalgear wrote:
Sweepinghands wrote:Sounds great. Anyone encountered quality issues with the 1963.

I spoke to Mr Goh of K2 and he advised against it due to the hit and miss quality. I'm just looking for a second opinion. :p

just got the 1963 from adelphi few weeks back. good accuracy and feels good. not as solid as the citizens and seikos of course as this is a replica vintage design. and lets be honest its CHEAP.

if you're borderlining into vintage watches, I'd say the 1963 is an excellent place to start - a bit of history and a bit more care required. local purchase and warranty helps with peace of mind.

That's a nice pc. Seen it in WUS, glad to see it here.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 23 May 2014 23:04

Very rarely seen in sg...in fact I have never seen any 1963 in the wild here....most Singaporeans are too brand conscious to own or wear one. But this one is a must have.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sui14th

Post by sui14th » 10 Jun 2014 14:55

metalgear wrote:just got the 1963 from adelphi few weeks back. good accuracy and feels good. not as solid as the citizens and seikos of course as this is a replica vintage design. and lets be honest its CHEAP.

How much you bought for that watch? I'm intending to get one for myself too.. :D
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 11 Jun 2014 12:26

sui14th wrote:
metalgear wrote:just got the 1963 from adelphi few weeks back. good accuracy and feels good. not as solid as the citizens and seikos of course as this is a replica vintage design. and lets be honest its CHEAP.

How much you bought for that watch? I'm intending to get one for myself too.. :D
i was quoted $420 for the newer 42mm panda dial version with sapphire crystal which is OOS at the moment. I think the 38mm "original" version is around $360-$380? This is from David at Adelphi or Seagull.sg

For the original 1963 looks i prefer with Acryllic crystal in 38mm, for that i prefer watchunique, can't seem to find with acryllic crystal anymore from other sources?

For Panda dial with mineral crystal around $330-$340 from Thomas.
sui14th

Post by sui14th » 11 Jun 2014 19:21

I wondering is there discount off their retail price on their website.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 12 Jun 2014 19:24

sui14th wrote:I wondering is there discount off their retail price on their website.
U mean seagull.sg? Price is listed in US dollars. Usually can get a little discount if u bargain.

Sent from my Redmi
sui14th

Post by sui14th » 12 Jun 2014 22:21

Yes, seagull.sg.. Hopefully can get some discount at their shop.. :D
Ed.YEO

Seagull Factory tour vid...

Post by Ed.YEO » 15 Nov 2014 03:34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd8Ar_YnsIE#t=121" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In mandarin only, no english subtitles.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 13 Mar 2015 22:15

It is time to give this little chrono.... a headup in the sea of chrono.... :lol:
jtfoo

Post by jtfoo » 10 Apr 2015 16:03

What model is this from deal.com.sg?
http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/seagull-me ... 1428549304" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;