Anyone into Titoni?

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Vinc04

Anyone into Titoni?

Post by Vinc04 » 17 Jun 2012 13:52

Got a few Titoni which I loved and seldom wear, for sharing

1) This is a vintage... opened up the back case before and there are some markings dated back to last servicing at 1969. Mechanical winding and also Rotomatic.. currently worn by my wife. It has a unique diamond cut markers which only seen in a few Titoni models. I myself dont really know which model it is, it stated SpaceStar at the back though. I do my usualy thing to open, clean up and polish the watch. I was lucky to find a matching OEM (not sure genuine or not) Titoni Metal Bracelet which I have not installed on the watch, it is still on a leather now.

2) i also have a Titoni Cosmo King which is in half plated gold and SS (I believe). Looks Ah Pek but keeping good time

3) Then another one of my favorite, a Titoni Airmaster in SS... automatic and just serviced. I liked its retro look... dunno why but I am a sucker for Titoni....
softup

Re: Anyone into Titoni?

Post by softup » 17 Jun 2012 17:47

Moi grandfather bought this watch for moi. :D
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 18 Jun 2012 08:52

Wow bro... Yours seems to be well taken care of. Nice!
fireal

Post by fireal » 18 Jun 2012 10:02

nice space star :D
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
rainman13

Post by rainman13 » 18 Jun 2012 15:27

Hi,
Your watches look very quite good.
The older rolex looking models were slightly larger and came with the 18k yellow or white gold bezels.
Harder to find theses days, sold all mine a while back when moved to bigger watches.
If you can find, can add to yr collection.
herzausstahl

Post by herzausstahl » 18 Jun 2012 15:49

I also like titoni, in particular the day-date cosmo kings :)

Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 18 Jun 2012 15:55

Titoni king lai liao... :lol:
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 18 Jun 2012 17:38

To date... although i have 6 TITONIs on hand, but they usually only appears in special occasions such as 15days of CNY, as well as other wedding dinners... otherwise, they're most of the time kept in the box.

Most of them are with RED Blossom... and dress watches as well.

yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 18 Jun 2012 22:01

fireal wrote:nice space star :D
Bro, you heard of the space star model? I have limited info on the net about this. Wrote to Titoni HQ in Swiss and they also didn't bother to reply my email about my questions...kns :cry:
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 18 Jun 2012 22:02

herzausstahl wrote:I also like titoni, in particular the day-date cosmo kings :)

Bro... Your day/ date si bei Sui..... Makes me drool... Especially the silver one....... Selling anyone of them?..
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 18 Jun 2012 22:06

Wah Ed Yeo....... Your Titoni still got dates to "come out" 游街 one hah? I like my space star alot but now under the custody of my wife.... Wah... My heart pain coz I've cleaned and polished it myself.... And went around sungei round flea ,market to find a suitable metal bracelet... At the end... She worn it.... :cry: :cry:
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 18 Jun 2012 22:54

Vinc04 wrote:Wah Ed Yeo....... Your Titoni still got dates to "come out" 游街 one hah? I like my space star alot but now under the custody of my wife.... Wah... My heart pain coz I've cleaned and polished it myself.... And went around sungei round flea ,market to find a suitable metal bracelet... At the end... She worn it.... :cry: :cry:
Like the weird character in LORD of The Rings mahh....
"Precious... my Precious...."
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 18 Jun 2012 23:00

Vinc04 wrote:...I like my space star alot but now under the custody of my wife.... Wah... My heart pain coz I've cleaned and polished it myself.... And went around sungei round flea ,market to find a suitable metal bracelet... At the end... She worn it.... :cry: :cry:
This???

Sure boh? :?: :?: :?: Seems to be too big for female's wrist ley... some more, no bling bling... which are often favored by the females. :mrgreen:
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 19 Jun 2012 09:39

rainman13 wrote:Hi,
Your watches look very quite good.
The older rolex looking models were slightly larger and came with the 18k yellow or white gold bezels.
Harder to find theses days, sold all mine a while back when moved to bigger watches.
If you can find, can add to yr collection.
Rainman.... Thanks for pointing that out to me. Didn't know this. But vintage titoni are not easy to find, especially one that is in good condition coz it's not really a collector item nor branded with a cult like rolexes. I know a shop in Chinatown selling some quite good ones and an uncle who has a collection of his own. Other than that, I have to search around
treki

Post by treki » 26 Jul 2012 22:33

Got this 2 Titoni Cosmo 99 recently , i found that the gold tone one, the number 99 on the dial like kena change b4 ..

ImageImage
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 28 Jul 2012 08:29

Hi bro trekki, these two are retro.... Probably in the 70s watch? Have you opened up the back case to see the movement inside? You can check the authencity of the movement via this method.this type of "TV" series watches really looks nice
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 28 Jul 2012 08:31

Ed.YEO wrote:
Vinc04 wrote:...I like my space star alot but now under the custody of my wife.... Wah... My heart pain coz I've cleaned and polished it myself.... And went around sungei round flea ,market to find a suitable metal bracelet... At the end... She worn it.... :cry: :cry:
This???

Sure boh? :?: :?: :?: Seems to be too big for female's wrist ley... some more, no bling bling... which are often favored by the females. :mrgreen:
Boss, really leh... She is wearing it due to the uniqueness. Only complains she has is it's a automatic and if she is not wearing for 2days, have to wind up
treki

Post by treki » 28 Jul 2012 14:42

Vinc04 wrote:Hi bro trekki, these two are retro.... Probably in the 70s watch? Have you opened up the back case to see the movement inside? You can check the authencity of the movement via this method.this type of "TV" series watches really looks nice

Hi Vinc04 ,my guess also the same from the 70's .I have opened up the back case ,it was signed titoni rotomatic 25 jewels and it runs on a eta 2832 . I have done some searching before ,the 2 watches is a hi-beat watches but still can't find anything similar "99" on the web. I still like the round case like the one u owned which is rarely find a good clean dial.
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 29 Jul 2012 11:01

treki wrote:
Vinc04 wrote:Hi bro trekki, these two are retro.... Probably in the 70s watch? Have you opened up the back case to see the movement inside? You can check the authencity of the movement via this method.this type of "TV" series watches really looks nice

Hi Vinc04 ,my guess also the same from the 70's .I have opened up the back case ,it was signed titoni rotomatic 25 jewels and it runs on a eta 2832 . I have done some searching before ,the 2 watches is a hi-beat watches but still can't find anything similar "99" on the web. I still like the round case like the one u owned which is rarely find a good clean dial.
Bro treki, it's true... The round spacestar model is really a gem... Shown it to some old uncles before and they also asking me where I got it from... too bad my wife wears it most of the time... Not me
wmatt76

Post by wmatt76 » 30 Jul 2012 20:59

mine say "hi"