supa4

Rado HyperChrome Golden Horse Limited Edition

Post by supa4 » 20 Oct 2012 20:31

Rado HyperChrome Limited Edition is really nice. :D

http://www.rado.com/en/watches/hyperchr ... 3.011.html
Ed.YEO

Re: Rado HyperChrome Golden Horse Limited Edition

Post by Ed.YEO » 20 Oct 2012 20:39

That cherry also jin ho jiak... Yum yum ...
Too high a price tag for this cake.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
supa4

Post by supa4 » 20 Oct 2012 21:52

Ed.YEO wrote:That cherry also jin ho jiak... Yum yum ...
Too high a price tag for this cake.
Hi Ed.yeo
What is the price range like?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 20 Oct 2012 22:15

Usually for Rado watches that are sold locally, those without chronometer certification oredi priced more than 1.2k. With COSC paper... Most likely to hit more than 1.6?

MIDO COSC models still beats Rado in term of price.

Otherwise, go grey... much cheaper, less than 1k from Ashford.com
http://www.ashford.com/watches/rado/gol ... 6054&so=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 22 Oct 2012 06:17

Boss... How come the first picture u post the red anchor logo is 90degrees vertical and the next picture shows it is facing 2o'clock?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Oct 2012 08:35

I'm also clueless... until i found something interesting here...
The rotating logo on the dial of Rado automatic watches is an oft-overlooked feature (one of many) that helps set these watches apart from other automatics of the same era. A variation of Rado’s anchor emblem, the rotating logo is attached to the dial by means of a post, jutting from the rear of the anchor, that fits through a red bearing mounted on the dial. This construction mimics two elements of the watch’s automatic movement: a pinion seated in a ruby jewel and the swinging of the winding rotor. The logo swings freely and is not tied at all to the winding of the watch or its running. It is, however, a subtle and most interesting feature. The rotating version described here was first used in 1962; on some older products, the anchor symbol was simply printed. The anchor, representing the success of the automatic watches, is now an integral part of the Rado logo.
http://www.watchcarefully.com/Rado.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 22 Oct 2012 09:26

Wow.. That's neat! Thanks for sharing.. Learning new things everyday. Now can go 骗小美眉. :shock: Hahahhahahahha
supa4

Post by supa4 » 22 Oct 2012 11:01

Ed.YEO wrote:Usually for Rado watches that are sold locally, those without chronometer certification oredi priced more than 1.2k. With COSC paper... Most likely to hit more than 1.6?

MIDO COSC models still beats Rado in term of price.

Otherwise, go grey... much cheaper, less than 1k from Ashford.com
http://www.ashford.com/watches/rado/gol ... 6054&so=36" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi ed.yeo
Thanks for the link.

Yeah read about the rotating logo last night also...interesting haha

Sent using Tapatalk2
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Oct 2012 11:20

Personally, i don't have much positive impressions on RADO watches. Dull designs, small size, as well as too dressy which are mostly conveyed through their ceramic range. The old horse toe design are just too obiang...

Until i saw... ... ... this,
... last nite @ Mustafa, with greyish dial. Finally, RADO had turned modern!
But it's price tag, close to SGD3.7k... is close to LONGINES model that's using "7753" movement as well...

Duh... only hope that my bonus gets more better this year.
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 22 Oct 2012 11:51

Nice... Looks abit like Tudor also
fireal

Post by fireal » 26 Oct 2012 08:52

oh nice.. looks just like the vintage model..
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Oct 2012 16:40

Whoa! Black dial more ex wor...!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 Nov 2012 00:52

According to the info here...
RADO now having exhibition event in MBS?
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/71165 ... t9674.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sys12345

Post by sys12345 » 02 Nov 2012 12:27

The post came from me. I was over at MBS in the afternoon and the salesperson attended to me, giving me more information about their new Hyperchrome models. He offered to demonstrate the strength of their ceramic coating and showed me two panels, one treated with Rado's high tech ceramic whereas the other is a typical steel. Using a scriber, i was able to scatch the steel panel easily whereas for the ceramic treated panel, no matter how hard i tried, i couldnt even make a hairline scratch on it. :shock: FYI, the 3 hand model (black) retails for $4.6K while the chrono version goes for $6K+.

Ed.YEO wrote:According to the info here...
RADO now having exhibition event in MBS?
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/71165 ... t9674.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 Nov 2012 12:31

sys12345 wrote:The post came from me. ...
No wonder i cannot find any latest posts from you lah... you changed your nick @ HWZ liaoz...
The Rado ceramic range looks good, but very $$$$ wor...
sys12345

Post by sys12345 » 02 Nov 2012 16:11

I didnt change my nick, just that the nick in HWZ was registered loooonnnngggggg time ago. ;)

The Rado ceramic is nice but i agree its pricey. For an otherwise pretty std ETA movement, its expensive but it has an unmistakeable design. I guess it'll appeal to those who really likes this watch.

Ed.YEO wrote:
sys12345 wrote:The post came from me. ...
No wonder i cannot find any latest posts from you lah... you changed your nick @ HWZ liaoz...
The Rado ceramic range looks good, but very $$$$ wor...
Ed.YEO

1 day offer! On GOLDEN HORSE with GOLDEN Casing!

Post by Ed.YEO » 09 Dec 2012 00:10

Anybody looking for the GOLDEN HORSE?
GOLDEN HORSE with obiang GOLDEN casing and dial?
Now going off cheap cheap @ Ashford. @ USD$735.

The other 2 dial colors are @ USD$880 for either Black or White.
ImageImage

http://www.ashford.com/watches/rado/cat ... rOptn=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Post by 004 » 09 Dec 2012 00:58

supa4 wrote:Rado HyperChrome Limited Edition is really nice. :D

http://www.rado.com/en/watches/hyperchr ... 3.011.html
A stylish watch by any measure .