Vintage IWC found in secondhand shop

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
big-e-294

Re: Vintage IWC found in secondhand shop

Post by big-e-294 » 14 Feb 2013 11:23

fantastic find!

really looking forward to your "AFTER" pics..
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 14 Feb 2013 12:14

Watch has been sent to watchmakers, so the waiting begins.. :D
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 16 Feb 2013 22:54

Orient Emperor wrote:Watch has been sent to watchmakers, so the waiting begins.. :D
Bro, how long do you reckon the overhaul and repair will take? Can't wait to take a look at the watch with a new life
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 19 Feb 2013 10:57

Pics with caseback off..

Cheers
skitter
Freshies

Post by skitter » 25 Feb 2013 16:57

Wow! I wish I had luck like that. That watch simply looks amazing after the light clean up. Cannot imagine it after servicing.

I also agree with previous poster not to overhaul the dial, as that's the bit that's stunning. Cosmestically, just a light polish and a thorough dusting should make it set to go.
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 14 Mar 2013 13:34

Pics from watchmaker..

Stripped down..

Cleaned..

Cheers
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 14 Mar 2013 15:08

sweeeeeet
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 14 Mar 2013 23:29

Hope to see it moving soon!!!
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 19 Mar 2013 11:42

Very, very nice! I imagine how satisfied you must be feeling :D
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 19 Mar 2013 12:52

This teaser pic just posted by the watchmaker before he headed home for the evening..

Cheers
bish

Post by bish » 19 Mar 2013 13:03

it's alive!!
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 20 Mar 2013 11:14

Just got this pic from the watchmaker.. Now have to wait for it to arrive..

Cheers
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 20 Mar 2013 11:18

Orient Emperor wrote:Just got this pic from the watchmaker.. Now have to wait for it to arrive..

Cheers
nice~
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
salokiN

Post by salokiN » 20 Mar 2013 12:43

+1sec/day? Not sure if i read that correctly on the machine but if i'm right, that's super kick ass!
Nikolas, with the "K".
Seiko SRP043K2 "Sinn" | Ticino BF-109 | Seiko SBDC001J Sumo | Steinhart Grand Prix Chrono Ltd Edition |
Seiko SBDX001J Marinemaster 300 | Longines Retrograde Master Collection Moonphase L2.739.4.71.3

Post by 004 » 20 Mar 2013 13:34

WOW :shock: What a find & bargin , it is simply a thing of beauty . ;)
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 21 Mar 2013 05:47

salokiN wrote:+1sec/day? Not sure if i read that correctly on the machine but if i'm right, that's super kick ass!
Info on the display reading from the watchmaker..

"On the top left is the error per day. The current reading is +001 seconds per day. The top middle number is the beat error, which is the difference in how far the balance turns either direction from centre. Or to put it another way, when the balance is at rest, it defines how well centered the roller jewel sits in the pallet fork. There are actually two lines across the middle of the screen, but with a balance error of .01 they are basically on top of each other. If the lines are too far apart I have to adjust that beat error to make the watch more accurate, especially in a range of different positions. The top right number represents amplitude of the balance. Basically anything up around 300 is very good. 327 is very good indeed, especially on a relatively low beat count movement. Which brings up to the bottom left where the black mark actually says 'auto', which means it automatically captures the correct beat count. I can set it manually if need be. Next in is the beat count itself, which reads 19,800. Next is the measurement time, so it updates the info every 10 beats (adjustable) and then the lift angle which I generally leave at 52 unless I need to change it to something radical like 30 for a co-axial movement."

Cheers
bish

Post by bish » 22 Mar 2013 01:34

very very informative
Orient Emperor wrote:
salokiN wrote:+1sec/day? Not sure if i read that correctly on the machine but if i'm right, that's super kick ass!
Info on the display reading from the watchmaker..

"On the top left is the error per day. The current reading is +001 seconds per day. The top middle number is the beat error, which is the difference in how far the balance turns either direction from centre. Or to put it another way, when the balance is at rest, it defines how well centered the roller jewel sits in the pallet fork. There are actually two lines across the middle of the screen, but with a balance error of .01 they are basically on top of each other. If the lines are too far apart I have to adjust that beat error to make the watch more accurate, especially in a range of different positions. The top right number represents amplitude of the balance. Basically anything up around 300 is very good. 327 is very good indeed, especially on a relatively low beat count movement. Which brings up to the bottom left where the black mark actually says 'auto', which means it automatically captures the correct beat count. I can set it manually if need be. Next in is the beat count itself, which reads 19,800. Next is the measurement time, so it updates the info every 10 beats (adjustable) and then the lift angle which I generally leave at 52 unless I need to change it to something radical like 30 for a co-axial movement."

Cheers
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 22 Mar 2013 11:49

Grinning from ear to ear...

Now wearing this...

Cheers
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 22 Mar 2013 12:25

A couple more shots..

and next to my Royal Calendar Orient of similar vintage..

Cheers
Orient Emperor

Post by Orient Emperor » 23 Mar 2013 03:21

So now the IWC is back I have been trying to work out which is the best strap option of this watch.. I started with the brown strap yesterday..

Then in the evening I tried this black one..

Today I am trying this brown bund..

and I am thinking that it is a good option given the case size and the patina on the dial..

Cheers