[CNY HOOT.]- [ACCURATE]- 1st Dress Watch after long break

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

[CNY HOOT.]- [ACCURATE]- 1st Dress Watch after long break

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Feb 2013 21:48

In the spirit of festive season with prosper and fortune

Comes the Gold toned Swiss made ACCURATE Mechanical Automatic Watch with gold decorations throughout, that includes not only the hands, but the movement as well. ACCURATE range of watches had been in the local market for some time, perhaps more than 3yrs or so. All the while, this brand's range of produce seem to be made only for sale in the Middle Eastern market, as "gold" decorated timepieces are much popular there. ACCURATE range of produce are not so popular in the market of Singapore as most of their watches are mostly Quartz models with mostly gold-plated decorations that just doesn't click with most of the collectors here, since "all gold" watches are mostly considered either too over flashy or only suitable to those folks in their "golden age". In addition, ACCURATE's history is not as well established as the good old 3, TITONI, MIDO and RADO in terms of heritage and history.
Well... i guess with this acquisition, those younger than me will start to address me as... "Uncle"?

It's Chinese New Year... and i'm not visiting any other relatives today as i'm still shopping for food and other goodies in the 24hr operation shopping center that still opens during CNY while most other commercial activities are taking a short rest for the festive season. Before exit, i came to the watch counters and browse on the watches on display. Then, 3 models caught my eye... This Gold toned Automatic, A Dual toned, as well as the other all polished SS piece with black dial.
For a moment, i thought that these 3 are just one another few Swiss Quartz pieces... but comes with well designed bracelets as well as vintage, long lasting textured dial design paired with tapered hands.

Just curious, i asked for the salesperson to bring out the watch so that i can have a closer look on the design. As i look closer on the dial, i notice a few words that strikes my attention, Automatic, 25jewels, SWISS MADE. Whoa !!! Mechanical !!! Immediately the first number that pops into my mind... ETA2824? So i make a few turns on the the crown to move "hibernating" seconds hand, it sweeps, not rocking! That further confirms my assumptions. It's a 2824, further confirmed here...@ http://www.accuratewatch.com/product_de ... d=JNKPQRI8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The size is big... bigger than the TITONI on my wrist when i was exploring the the watch. According to the specs listed in the website, the watch measures 40mm. If that's true, then my TITONI would be 37mm? Or smaller?

As with most dress watches, most of the center links of the bracelets are polished, while the sides are brushed. So as this ACCURATE. And with the weight of the bracelet, the watch in whole does not feel much light than my TITONI.

Signed Crown

Deployment clasp, but not butterfly type

The ACCURATE range of watches maybe too exaggerating or too hippy for collector's in their 20s or 30s, especially most of the watch models are just too dressy and overloaded with yellow Gold decorations. At current stage, majority of the ACCURATE watches are still fitted with quartz movements, that the mechanical models are just too little to choose from. However, with the price i pay, with the acceptable specs like any other dress watches, this is considerably a steal. Is it a good buy? It depends how much a buyer maybe asking for a dress watch to be... better classed movement? crystal/diamond decorated dial or case? Or what else?

All i hope for... is that ACCURATE continues to produce more mechanical watches with such affordable price tag, such that more options can be offered to those who may be interested...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
lunarin79
CEO

Re: [CNY HOOT.]- [ACCURATE]- 1st Dress Watch after long brea

Post by lunarin79 » 10 Feb 2013 22:33

Hmm, nice dial.

Initailly I thought you were referring to the accuracy of your watches which you worn today.

Didn't expected 'ACCURATE' is a brand of a watch,LOL

the overall look is nice but the brand..erm...abit...haha..anyway..oh well..lol

there's a two tone model?

Not in the website leh.

Damage under $600?
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Feb 2013 23:08

lunarin79 wrote:...Damage under $600?
yep... try to decipher 世路发, you'll be surprised that with sapphire glass(no anti-reflection coat), gold PVD, 2824 movement, textured dial... all in, same priced as the dual tone and SS variant... you think i'll choose which one ley?

The 2 tone one is with white dial. But i think, the Mustafa staff might have mishandled the watch causing the deployment clasp area to be loosen and shaky in some way... hence now left the black dial one in good condition.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 10 Feb 2013 23:11

oooh ok cos i oso saw a blue dial in the website,lol
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 Feb 2013 23:18

lunarin79 wrote:oooh ok cos i oso saw a blue dial in the website,lol
Both the website and their local facebook page @ https://www.facebook.com/AccurateWatche ... ref=stream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; shows blue dial, but i saw it physically @ Mustafa as black... maybe due to lighting, i see salah... you might need to verify yourself lo...
jake_16234

Post by jake_16234 » 11 Feb 2013 17:04

u started me on Accurate =)
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 13 Feb 2013 22:08

jake_16234 wrote:u started me on Accurate =)
Erm... you meant i triggered your interest with ACCURATE watches?
Well... i would suggest that you just take a glance @ their range will do... because @ current stage, ACCURATE's Mechanical Automatics have only 3 options which is on the design i bought. For mechanicals, you might need to wait longer for them to come out with more choices.
The rest the design are very not so... appealing...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 14 Feb 2013 00:48

lunarin79 wrote:...there's a two tone model?

Not in the website leh...
got the same textured dial as my gold one...
full specs here for your reference...
http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/accurate-swis ... 4754895/i/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 14 Feb 2013 07:52

Ed.YEO wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:...there's a two tone model?

Not in the website leh...
got the same textured dial as my gold one...
full specs here for your reference...
http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/accurate-swis ... 4754895/i/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thks Ed :mrgreen:
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 31 May 2013 21:59

lunarin79 wrote:oooh ok cos i oso saw a blue dial in the website,lol
NAVY BLUE Dial is now available @ MUSTAFA Syed Alwi Wing, near to SEIKO no warranty section!