Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military (OVM)

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
rogue_hog

Re: Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military (OVM)

Post by rogue_hog » 30 Mar 2013 22:05

Gnomon gives free 1 free NATO strap for steinhart models with bracelets. Another pair of free leather straps for those on leather.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 30 Mar 2013 22:20

rogue_hog wrote:Ovm is more popular. Sells like hot cakes.
But i wanted the ocean 1 green bcos i was almost ready to pull the trigger on a 50th anniversary sub. And this steinhart will save me a fortune :) lol. If i get ovm i,ll still be thinkg of the 50th anniversary sub :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Mar 2013 22:26

STEINHART watches are designed in GERMANY, manufactured in SWITZERLAND depending on parts availability...then send back to GERMANY for dispatch to international orders.
Just the part availability takes some time to tackle... not to forget, the bad weather condition in Europe affecting the finished watches sending back to Germany... This is why you see red words of alerts keep appearing in their divers watch page...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
fir_chan

Post by fir_chan » 30 Mar 2013 23:32

rogue_hog wrote:
fir_chan wrote:Just curious.
Would u buy from Steinhart direct or gnomon?

442 EUR v 630USD.
Is there something that gnomon has that I am not aware of?

Sifu here can advise?
Yes warranty. Those bought direct from steinhart, their warranty will not be covered by gnomon. They will have to deal with steinhart directly.
I see.Thanks for the info.I guess many will weigh the pros and cons On both options.
Feeling "Seik".... need antidotes to feed my Seik-ddiction

Will Always be keen on Seiko Vintages:

6105-8110/8000
62MAS
6159-7001/7010
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 00:05

Jeryltan wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:Ovm is more popular. Sells like hot cakes.
But i wanted the ocean 1 green bcos i was almost ready to pull the trigger on a 50th anniversary sub. And this steinhart will save me a fortune :) lol. If i get ovm i,ll still be thinkg of the 50th anniversary sub :p

Then better get what you like.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 00:38

rogue_hog wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:

No need to think alr. Ovm sold out. Lol

rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 01:41

Jeryltan wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:

Haha! I expected it to sell out soon but not that soon. This is one watch you cannot hesitate.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 02:19

rogue_hog wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:

Haha! I expected it to sell out soon but not that soon. This is one watch you cannot hesitate.
Lol ya. Continue waitg fr my ocean 1 green then :)

Valles

Post by Valles » 31 Mar 2013 08:24

rogue_hog PR at gnomon huh?

How come info so updated one? Still get to molest the bergin watches? heehee
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 09:43

Valles wrote:rogue_hog PR at gnomon huh?

Gnomon not open today right.?

rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 11:30

Jeryltan wrote:

Gnomon not open today right.?

Nope. Not opened on Sunday's. Open from mon-sat.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 11:32

Permanent resident? Hahaha. No but some of us get immediate updates cos we have planted operatives within the organization. Hahaha!
Valles

Post by Valles » 31 Mar 2013 11:37

rogue_hog wrote:

Permanent resident? Hahaha. No but some of us get immediate updates cos we have planted operatives within the organization. Hahaha!

Hmmm your intelligence network got news on arrival of the green ocean 1 bo? Waited till neck super duper long liao still dun have. SCS forum members can chop booking bo? Heehee
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 11:44

Valles wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:

Hmmm your intelligence network got news on arrival of the green ocean 1 bo? Waited till neck super duper long liao still dun have. SCS forum members can chop booking bo? Heehee
You also waitg? Lol. I paid deposit since 2 mths ago liao. It,s even harder to get than the real thing. Lol
If yoj didn,t put deposit, i suggest you do. Bcos the ocean 1 black never even got listed, cos all was reserved bef even arrived :)

Valles

Post by Valles » 31 Mar 2013 11:54

Jeryltan wrote:
Valles wrote:

You also waitg? Lol. I paid deposit since 2 mths ago liao. It,s even harder to get than the real thing. Lol
If yoj didn,t put deposit, i suggest you do. Bcos the ocean 1 black never even got listed, cos all was reserved bef even arrived :)

Wah... So jialat meh? No wonder I been waiting since last year till now never seen it listed as available. Like that might as well buy from Germany directly?
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 11:56

Valles wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:

Haha! Pai seh did not ask my network to keep an eye out for that model so no info. But I did molest that model the last time it cam in about a month plus ago?

Scs forum members cannot chope. Neither can members from other forums. But booking is open to everyone. Haha! They don't allow reservations. But you can book first. They charge a $50 deposit. That will be off set against the price of the watch. However, if you change your mind about the watch,you can use the deposit to off set against the purchase of any other watch they sell.

Deposits are not refundable.

But they don't take bookings for ALL models cos they are not sure when they might arrive. For example they have stopped taking orders for the vintage gmt iirc.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 11:57

Valles wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:

Wah... So jialat meh? No wonder I been waiting since last year till now never seen it listed as available. Like that might as well buy from Germany directly?
Yes, a lot of folks cannot tahan the wait decided to get direct.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 12:16

Valles wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:

Ya. That,s another option lor. But warranty i not sure how, bcos won,t be covered by gnomon.

Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 12:19

Can i ask about the bronze officer marine. Gt 3 qns.

1) what,s bronze satin? Means bronze coated or whole case is bronze?
2) any way to prevent the bronze fm formg patina?
3) the dd 2030 chrono module i heard can,t be serviced? Need to find a whole module replacement if spoil?

rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 12:26

Jeryltan wrote:Can i ask about the bronze officer marine. Gt 3 qns.

1) what,s bronze satin? Means bronze coated or whole case is bronze?
2) any way to prevent the bronze fm formg patina?
3) the dd 2030 chrono module i heard can,t be serviced? Need to find a whole module replacement if spoil?

1) whole case bronze except for case back in ss.
2) yes, don't wear it. Keep it in a dry box.
3) not sureif it can or can't be serviced but I wa told that the entire module is usually replaced if it's kaput.