Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military (OVM)

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
rogue_hog

Re: Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military (OVM)

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 12:32

Jeryltan wrote:
Valles wrote:

Wah... So jialat meh? No wonder I been waiting since last year till now never seen it listed as available. Like that might as well buy from Germany directly?
Ya. That,s another option lor. But warranty i not sure how, bcos won,t be covered by gnomon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I think bro Ed yeo can advise as he's bought all of his steinies direct, cos he prefers to get direct.

I believe it's slightly cheaper getting direct but personally, I like see the real thing and try it on before I make a purchase. I feel that the slight difference charged by gnomon more than makes ip for the convenience should anything go wrong.

Ed can correct me if I'm wrong but usually you have to contact steinhart if there's a problem with the watch. The option is to send it back or they will instruct you to go to a local watchmaker and pass on the charges back to them.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 12:41

rogue_hog wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:Can i ask about the bronze officer marine. Gt 3 qns.

1) what,s bronze satin? Means bronze coated or whole case is bronze?
2) any way to prevent the bronze fm formg patina?
3) the dd 2030 chrono module i heard can,t be serviced? Need to find a whole module replacement if spoil?

1) whole case bronze except for case back in ss.
2) yes, don't wear it. Keep it in a dry box.
3) not sureif it can or can't be serviced but I wa told that the entire module is usually replaced if it's kaput.
Tks. I like the bronze look but seems like hard to maintain. Lol

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 31 Mar 2013 12:45

Jeryltan wrote: Tks. I like the bronze look but seems like hard to maintain. Lol

the reason to get a bronze watch is for the patina-ed look mah, no? ;)

if you're tired of the patina-ed look, just use lemon juice & it will restore back to original state

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/removi ... 95056.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Valles

Post by Valles » 31 Mar 2013 12:56

rogue_hog wrote:
Valles wrote:

Wah... So jialat meh? No wonder I been waiting since last year till now never seen it listed as available. Like that might as well buy from Germany directly?
Yes, a lot of folks cannot tahan the wait decided to get direct.

heehee hoo hoo... can't stand the everlasting wait... just click click on Steinhart website and purchased it... now tick tick tick.... waiting for delivery....

Just curious which courier will be performing the last mile delivery in Singapore? Stinkpost?
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 12:57

lunarin79 wrote:
Jeryltan wrote: Tks. I like the bronze look but seems like hard to maintain. Lol

if you're tired of the patina-ed look, just use lemon juice & it will restore back to original state

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f74/removi ... 95056.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Precisely!
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 31 Mar 2013 13:11

lunarin79 wrote:

Ya but i can,t wear that to work as i need to ,meet customers almost eveyday.and i wear long sleeve to work everyda too, and that patina looks like it,ll rub off on the sleeves. Lol. And not only that, the avaiability of the dd 2030 might also be a concern in the long run in terms of supply and cost. I seldom sell my watches unless i fojnd smth very similar that i prefer.

rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 13:29

Jeryltan wrote:
lunarin79 wrote:

Ya but i can,t wear that to work as i need to ,meet customers almost eveyday.and i wear long sleeve to work everyda too, and that patina looks like it,ll rub off on the sleeves. Lol. And not only that, the avaiability of the dd 2030 might also be a concern in the long run in terms of supply and cost. I seldom sell my watches unless i fojnd smth very similar that i prefer.

Don't think it'll rub off on the sleeves.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 13:30

Valles wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:
Yes, a lot of folks cannot tahan the wait decided to get direct.

heehee hoo hoo... can't stand the everlasting wait... just click click on Steinhart website and purchased it... now tick tick tick.... waiting for delivery....

Just curious which courier will be performing the last mile delivery in Singapore? Stinkpost?
FedEx. [THUMBS UP SIGN]
Valles

Post by Valles » 31 Mar 2013 13:36

rogue_hog wrote:
Valles wrote:

FedEx. [THUMBS UP SIGN]
FedEx will call before making delivery? Cos chances are if they make delivery during office hours to my residence I will miss the delivery. Worse scenario can I arrange another delivery or I have to pick up at collection centre? If collection centre then where would that be?

Sorry for so many questions. Bergin transaction from steinhart directly.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 18:30

Don't think they will call about delivery but will probably call or send you another mail to ask for gst payment first. I could be wrong but anybe others can advise or confirm.
fir_chan

Post by fir_chan » 31 Mar 2013 20:48

Valles wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:
FedEx. [THUMBS UP SIGN]
FedEx will call before making delivery? Cos chances are if they make delivery during office hours to my residence I will miss the delivery. Worse scenario can I arrange another delivery or I have to pick up at collection centre? If collection centre then where would that be?

Sorry for so many questions. Bergin transaction from steinhart directly.
My Experience with FedEx is that once the item is shipped from Steinhart in this case, it will arrive in 2 days. You will get a heads up from Steinhart.

FedEx somehow delivers stuff for me around 11am. It has been this timing in the last two purchases.

If no one is home, they will give you a call on your mobile/number left.

As for GST...... it is a hit and miss situation. Sometimes you have to pay.... sometimes they miss it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feeling "Seik".... need antidotes to feed my Seik-ddiction

Will Always be keen on Seiko Vintages:

6105-8110/8000
62MAS
6159-7001/7010
John.ChiaTC

Post by John.ChiaTC » 31 Mar 2013 20:52

It is safe to buy from oversea as I never try before. What the payment to be use?
fir_chan

Post by fir_chan » 31 Mar 2013 20:56

John.ChiaTC wrote:It is safe to buy from oversea as I never try before. What the payment to be use?
I usually buy using Paypal.

I bought too many times from overseas i cannot remember but *touchwood*.... all legit deals and no issues with sellers or shipping.

Usually buy my motorbike and cycling stuff overseas.
Feeling "Seik".... need antidotes to feed my Seik-ddiction

Will Always be keen on Seiko Vintages:

6105-8110/8000
62MAS
6159-7001/7010
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 31 Mar 2013 21:29

Delivery timing depends on location. Trucks and drivers are routed based on post codes.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 01 Apr 2013 10:49

For those interested the Marine officer bronzo has landed at gnomon last Saturday. Not many pieces. Didn't appeal to me much. So can ahre the info with you guys hahaha! jokes aside. Not sure if there is any left though. The larger limited edition bronzo looks better IMHO.
Valles

Post by Valles » 01 Apr 2013 12:02

rogue_hog wrote:For those interested the Marine officer bronzo has landed at gnomon last Saturday. Not many pieces. Didn't appeal to me much. So can ahre the info with you guys hahaha! jokes aside. Not sure if there is any left though. The larger limited edition bronzo looks better IMHO.

Hmmm confirmed u as the best candidate for gnomon intelligence unit liao! Heehee

While I'm not a fan of bronze watches but indeed the BIGGER limited edition appeals better.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 01 Apr 2013 12:07

Valles wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:For those interested the Marine officer bronzo has landed at gnomon last Saturday. Not many pieces. Didn't appeal to me much. So can ahre the info with you guys hahaha! jokes aside. Not sure if there is any left though. The larger limited edition bronzo looks better IMHO.

Hmmm confirmed u as the best candidate for gnomon intelligence unit liao! Heehee

While I'm not a fan of bronze watches but indeed the BIGGER limited edition appeals better.
Having fiddled with the bigger LE (see my blog) and this latest 44mm, the firmer steals the show. Dunno why but somehow it just doesn't sing to me.
Valles

Post by Valles » 01 Apr 2013 18:29

Lol now I'm embroiled into another agony... Sending emails and not getting any reply from steinhart.... :lol:
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 01 Apr 2013 18:36

Valles wrote:Lol now I'm embroiled into another agony... Sending emails and not getting any reply from steinhart.... :lol:
Easter holidays till Monday in most of Europe dude.wait till tomorrow afternoon.
Valles

Post by Valles » 01 Apr 2013 18:38

rogue_hog wrote:
Valles wrote:Lol now I'm embroiled into another agony... Sending emails and not getting any reply from steinhart.... :lol:
Easter holidays till Monday in most of Europe dude.wait till tomorrow afternoon.

Lol my bad... Forgot about Easter bunny day :mrgreen:

Sent email to the entire team already... Haha think I'm gonna be put on their blacklist :oops: