Invicta in Singapore

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
karbonphyber

Re: Invicta in Singapore

Post by karbonphyber » 06 Oct 2014 04:48

invicta's a joke! at the moment i guess.

shopping on amazon... i purchased a few to play around. totally didn't like the packaging. such an odd smell. watch-wise, it was... not impressive but seriously... for $50 a watch... dad sold it for 100sgd i recall.

no loss, all gain.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 06 Oct 2014 12:56

Wonder if their counter at vivo City is still around. Actually their sub homage isn't too bad and their NE88 based chronographs are quite nice too.
I want to be a one watch guy!!
rojakman

Post by rojakman » 06 Oct 2014 13:27

Yup they are still around in vivo. Business looks not too good.
Using Tapatalk
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 06 Oct 2014 20:03

rojakman wrote:Yup they are still around in vivo. Business looks not too good.
Not surprising. Price too high liaoz. Even with discounts kicked in, still loose out to Amazon or other online retail price lah...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
oncleoliver

Post by oncleoliver » 06 Oct 2014 20:07

Maybe they never heard of the Intar Webs. Or they think a large % of people don't use it.
You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

- Tyler Durden
karbonphyber

Post by karbonphyber » 22 Oct 2014 22:40

oncleoliver wrote:Maybe they never heard of the Intar Webs. Or they think a large % of people don't use it.
lawlz
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 25 Oct 2014 01:36

karbonphyber wrote:
oncleoliver wrote:Maybe they never heard of the Intar Webs. Or they think a large % of people don't use it.
lawlz
Well... what can we say...
Put yourself into those not so internet-shopping-savvy-folks shoes... you'll get the idea why some folks would not want to make internet purchases. It took me almost 2yrs to get ready to embrace internet shopping... And once the barrier is broken, there's no return...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
YCWONG

Post by YCWONG » 26 Dec 2014 21:58

Saw lots of Invicta in the malls when I was in San Frans a couple of months back. Prices were very reasonable there.

I'm not sure how much they are selling here in SG, but I bet they won't be worthwhile.
Homme

Post by Homme » 17 Jan 2015 17:28

Invicta is a love or hate brand...QC can be a hit or miss thingy too and from what I read, CS is just as bad.
The older Invictas are generally better made IMO. Some of those uses Swiss movement as well.
But for the price u pay($100-150) with Seiko auto I think I can still live with it.
I own a few Invictas and love them. Swiss ones to keep and cheap ones to mod (eg 8926) ;)
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 17 Jan 2015 17:38

Well I just bought a 8926OB off eBay... Waiting for it to arrive...hoping to find a green bezel insert for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homme

Post by Homme » 17 Jan 2015 20:43

8926 is a good base for mods...a lot used it for BB mod. I'm still waiting for parts thou ;(
MarcTan

Post by MarcTan » 02 Feb 2015 22:52

balzebub71 wrote:Well I just bought a 8926OB off eBay... Waiting for it to arrive...hoping to find a green bezel insert for it

Hey mind PM how much you get it from ? Considering buying one and getting Dagaz parts to mod into a BB.

Sent from my Potato
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 02 Feb 2015 23:33

MarcTan wrote:
balzebub71 wrote:Well I just bought a 8926OB off eBay... Waiting for it to arrive...hoping to find a green bezel insert for it

Hey mind PM how much you get it from ? Considering buying one and getting Dagaz parts to mod into a BB.

Sent from my Potato
Can u do the mod yourself? I have been trying to change the bezel insert to a green colored one but k2 and the other Mr. Got at chinatown refuses to touch the Invicta citing that it's too troublesome and difficult? So I am not sure who else can do the mod?
MarcTan

Post by MarcTan » 02 Feb 2015 23:39

balzebub71 wrote:
MarcTan wrote:

Sent from my Potato
Can u do the mod yourself? I have been trying to change the bezel insert to a green colored one but k2 and the other Mr. Got at chinatown refuses to touch the Invicta citing that it's too troublesome and difficult? So I am not sure who else can do the mod?
Bezel insert still simple I can do. The inside is harder. Until today I only changed dials for two cheapies watch and a vostok amphibian. Yes they survived. :)

Bezel insert I can try. I just realign the bezel insert on my Steinhart because it didn't align at 12 properly. Haha

Sent from my Potato