Rolex Watches , Good As Gold ?

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
chriscentro

Re: Rolex Watches , Good As Gold ?

Post by chriscentro » 21 Nov 2013 21:56

ah_ong wrote:Hi Guys am new Here. For coke bezel or the pepsi cola Rolex is a nice GMT but personally find it too thin for the liking :) In the past I think that watch cost less than a 3K so for 5.4K I would say more appreciation than de pre hahaha
It's the coke bezel a 80's vintage? Can I check what do sellers mean when they say T series or what whatever "letter" series? Year of manufacturer?
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 21 Nov 2013 23:49

chriscentro wrote:
ah_ong wrote:Hi Guys am new Here. For coke bezel or the pepsi cola Rolex is a nice GMT but personally find it too thin for the liking :) In the past I think that watch cost less than a 3K so for 5.4K I would say more appreciation than de pre hahaha
It's the coke bezel a 80's vintage? Can I check what do sellers mean when they say T series or what whatever "letter" series? Year of manufacturer?
Its a rough guage of the year it was manufactured but since mid 2010, Rolex switched to an Alphanumeric serial (AN series as sellers state) that no one has deciphered yet.
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 21 Nov 2013 23:51

Too thin? Can consider the 16760 aka Fat Lady/Sophia Loren then, it uses a much thicker case.
Amy55

Post by Amy55 » 04 Dec 2013 00:07

I am looking for a nice Rolex to buy as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. Can you suggest a good model that's good value? I have been looking on Chrono to see what they have got and I really like the Submariner but I am not sure if he will like it...What are your thoughts on the Submariner Rolex?
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 04 Dec 2013 23:09

Amy55 wrote:I am looking for a nice Rolex to buy as a Christmas present for my boyfriend. Can you suggest a good model that's good value? I have been looking on Chrono to see what they have got and I really like the Submariner but I am not sure if he will like it...What are your thoughts on the Submariner Rolex?
Can't go wrong with a Submariner. Get the one without a date function if you dont want something that common.
Amy55

Post by Amy55 » 05 Dec 2013 20:24

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I really like the look of Submariner, hopefully the boyfriend will like it too.
mtb

Rolex Watches , Good As Gold ?

Post by mtb » 08 Dec 2013 00:12

Amy55 wrote:Awesome, thanks for the advice. I really like the look of Submariner, hopefully the boyfriend will like it too.
lucky guy :o

it's such a classic that's hard not to like it :roll:
yoshiki

Post by yoshiki » 08 Dec 2013 13:57

Agreed. Sub will look excellent.

sent from my 8850
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 08 Dec 2013 14:21

Amy55 wrote:Awesome, thanks for the advice. I really like the look of Submariner, hopefully the boyfriend will like it too.
The sub was bond's choice for years, she (the sub) turn your boyfriend instantly to Connery. :) good luck!
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 11 Dec 2013 17:32

telepgm wrote:
The sub was bond's choice for years, she (the sub) turn your boyfriend instantly to Connery. :) good luck!
Good one.. :D
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 23 Dec 2013 18:29

Hijack the thread. My CO is considering a men's vintage rolex. She is looking at a datejust, precision or air king model. Do the bros here know where in SG I can find a reputable seller ?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 23 Dec 2013 19:29

i bought mine here

http://www.precisionwatch.com.sg/en/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 24 Dec 2013 12:15

lunarin79 wrote:i bought mine here

http://www.precisionwatch.com.sg/en/home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yup, they are pretty friendly. Just drop by and talk to them. :)
Hoot 1st talk later!
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 24 Dec 2013 15:25

Thanks for the recommendation. Will drop by when with my CO once we find time.

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk
kingsky

Post by kingsky » 25 Dec 2013 00:57

My personal experience with precisionwatch is meh....

I still remember when I first bought my rolex watch, I went checking on sg-roc forum and had a good experience (reasonable prices though I was a newbie back then) with the following shops:
- Chuan watches
- AK watches
- JW horlogical

hope it helps.
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 01 Feb 2014 07:59

browsing the internet now and come across an ad which says "Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Deepsea AN series".
Does it mean that the watch will change its date from 30th November to 1 Dec instead of going to 31?
If not, what does it mean by perpetual.
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 01 Feb 2014 09:12

chriscentro wrote:browsing the internet now and come across an ad which says "Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Deepsea AN series".
Does it mean that the watch will change its date from 30th November to 1 Dec instead of going to 31?
I might be wrong
Perpetual = automatic
Date = got date display
Deepsea = model
AN = alpha numeric
Series = series

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 01 Feb 2014 09:20

Yeah perpetual is just Rolex marketing talk for automatic self winding, just like superlative chronometer is Rolex talk for cosc certified movement..

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 01 Feb 2014 09:28

ivan wrote:
chriscentro wrote:browsing the internet now and come across an ad which says "Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date Deepsea AN series".
I might be wrong
Perpetual = automatic
Date = got date display
Deepsea = model
AN = alpha numeric
Series = series

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
balzebub71 wrote:Yeah perpetual is just Rolex marketing talk for automatic self winding, just like superlative chronometer is Rolex talk for cosc certified movement..

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
ok thanks guys!
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 12 Feb 2014 05:25

The watch will still go to 31 and not jump from 30 to 1.
Perpetual as an adjective means, continuing or enduring forever; everlasting.

FYI only. Hope it was helpful.

Cheers.