Steinhart movement

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
rogue_hog

Re: Steinhart movement

Post by rogue_hog » 30 Jun 2013 13:27

Ed.YEO wrote:Gnomon will not repair ON BEHALF to STEINHART for sure.
But with a payment of nominal sum, may take the job any time considering it as individuals walk in service like JW or K2.
That will not be repairing on behalf of anymore. Repairing on behalf of means not charging la. As this is u set warranty.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Jun 2013 13:32

rogue_hog wrote:...Repairing on behalf of means not charging la...
This is what i mean. Gnomon will not give free job for sure... just like any other brands in the market. SEIKO for example...
Once a STEINHART is sourced elsewhere, Gnomon is not obliged to give free...ehem...job.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 30 Jun 2013 14:03

Ed.YEO wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:...Repairing on behalf of means not charging la...
This is what i mean. Gnomon will not give free job for sure... just like any other brands in the market. SEIKO for example...
Once a STEINHART is sourced elsewhere, Gnomon is not obliged to give free...ehem...job.
Now you're makin sense. You're earlier statement was incorrectly phrased. IMHO.
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 01 Jul 2013 09:42

rogue_hog wrote:
Ed.YEO wrote: This is what i mean. Gnomon will not give free job for sure... just like any other brands in the market. SEIKO for example...
Citizen Sg does repairs for non local set.

In fact when I brought a Ecozilla to fix the second hand hitting the min hand, they did it promptly n charge me a,MC d value meal price, no asking local or parallel set, that back cover needed a dedicated 5 jaw opener which k2 did not have.

Another time, a min- repeater perpetual eco drive movement was reset due to low/no charge.

They re-setup for me, did a 10 min quick charge, gave me a photo copy of the set up procedure, Foc.

Both are non local set, was not asked for any papers as,well.

Sent using Tapatalk
Looking for m/c ebc brake pads and k&n air filter, PM me.
fireal

Post by fireal » 01 Jul 2013 20:12

phantom150 wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:
Citizen Sg does repairs for non local set.

In fact when I brought a Ecozilla to fix the second hand hitting the min hand, they did it promptly n charge me a,MC d value meal price, no asking local or parallel set, that back cover needed a dedicated 5 jaw opener which k2 did not have.

Another time, a min- repeater perpetual eco drive movement was reset due to low/no charge.

They re-setup for me, did a 10 min quick charge, gave me a photo copy of the set up procedure, Foc.

Both are non local set, was not asked for any papers as,well.

Sent using Tapatalk
agreed, I experienced top notch service at citizen service center

Sent from my Nokia 8210.
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 17 Jul 2013 20:13

Time to consider picking up a Citizen! Since Brother Fireal has good things to say about them! :) rock on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Den

Post by Den » 20 Jul 2013 00:53

I can understand why gnomon will not service the watch.steinhart doesn't extend their warranty to worldwide dealer coverage.

An update from steinhart after I told them abt the noise. They were kind enough to offer me 2 options. One option was to send the watch back to them. But the 2nd option was the one that impressed me, they offered to pay for the servicing to be done here. Well, after what you guys shared your experience with the 2824, I decided to leave it as it is. Quite impressed with their service and response.

Anyways,I went back to K2 with the same Ocean black DLC but this time to ask Mr Goh to change the bezel to a ceramic one, bought from steinhart themselves. Unfortunately, I was turned down. mr Goh said DLC bezels are hard to remove and he doesn't want to take up the task :(

Any suggestions?
Last edited by Den on 20 Jul 2013 01:00, edited 1 time in total.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 20 Jul 2013 01:00

U can try gnomon again. They should have the experience. But how much, u gotta ask them.
Den

Post by Den » 20 Jul 2013 01:01

rogue_hog wrote:U can try gnomon again. They should have the experience. But how much, u gotta ask them.
Yeah I thought so too. Had anything done by them yourself?
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 20 Jul 2013 02:19

Den wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:U can try gnomon again. They should have the experience. But how much, u gotta ask them.
Yeah I thought so too. Had anything done by them yourself?
yup. a couple.
Den

Post by Den » 20 Jul 2013 13:32

Cool I'll drop by real soon