[1713 New Addn.]- [C.Bernard]- A Classic? Or Just Smart?

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Ed.YEO

[1713 New Addn.]- [C.Bernard]- A Classic? Or Just Smart?

Post by Ed.YEO » 01 Jul 2013 23:33

Wrinkled face in a Smart Suit. Old Man in disguise?

For years, in the local market, when it comes to affordable dress mechanicals from Europe, most consumers would immediately think of TISSOT, then follow by others. In numbers of Asian markets as well as other part of the world, TISSOT's affordable mechanicals are most welcomed by budget hunters.
However, with the mass production of the most recognized work horse movement, the ETA28xx, which are also used by other major labels in the market as well... we see more new labels entry into the tough and competitive markets which are dominated by the big names. Claude Bernard is one of them.

When digging into more informations on this brand, i encountered,
Swiss-watch brand, created in 1973, established in Les Genevez, in the heart of the Swiss Jura. Timepiece collections combined the Swiss watch-making knowledge with an exclusive design and very attractive prices.
from their FACEBOOK page...
Lots of folks may wonder, are these infos for real? They had been making watches for a certain time? Since the 70s?
With the internet age we're in, one would naturally go google for more pictures on their past produce. Well... to date, i still can't find one.

Anyway, as long as an EUROPEAN timepiece is fitted with a good old reliable workhorse grade movement... who cares?(i did not pay too much for it as well as i did for the last purchase... a SS TISSOT...)

As an affordable... one could not expect luxurious packaging... however, this seems to be more durable than all my other watch boxes... :lol:

From a distance, the textured pattern on the silky dial with the high contrast black hands as well as ROMAN indices is an immediate attraction to most dress watch buyers. Look closer, when tilted to some angles, the lines looks more fine and detail("sunburst" lines as well? :mrgreen: ), that doesn't loose out to other big boys in the market. But, even with the good looking dial, it doesn't make this piece an immediate classic like TISSOT's LeLOCLE or LONGINE's MASTER COLLECTION. So... What's missing?

For one... the crystal is flat, not slightly domed. :evil:

The casing is too modern, no signed crown... :evil:

The straight and polished modern bracelet is... not good old classic beads of rice type... also the deployment clasp... is something i find familiar, in most SEIKO watches...simple and dull... :evil: :lol: :twisted:

Even with some disappointments, i still find this piece good looking and smart. It's like a MAN IN HIS 50s, putting on a suit that fits for those in their 30s. A CLASSIC? I wouldn't dare to say... A SMART MAN? Errrrmmm... It's all in the eyes of those who look at this...

Additional pics update:-
Last edited by Ed.YEO on 09 Feb 2015 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
telepgm

Re: [1713 New Addn.]- [C.Bernard]- A Classic? Or Just Smart?

Post by telepgm » 23 Jul 2013 12:22

No affections, attractions or feelings for Claude Bernard, unfortunately. Maybe just the name itself doesn't shout out to me. :)

I'm superficial. Shoot me. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 23 Jul 2013 14:28

Not for me either. Don't know how to appreciate plated gold watches im afraid.
Wade

Post by Wade » 23 Jul 2013 21:36

The design is more suitable for the age of above 50s.
A man age doesn't matter; it's the man heart... think positive & good things will come along the way...
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 23 Jul 2013 21:44

Almsot.. :?:
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 24 Jul 2013 00:37

roo7 wrote:Image

Almsot.. :?:
Cocktail Time? Now, that's what I call classy. The built of this bad boy is definitely way superior, and the story behind it...way too cool for school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg