First Impressions : Ingersoll limited edition skeleton Micke

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
balzebub71

First Impressions : Ingersoll limited edition skeleton Micke

Post by balzebub71 » 21 Jul 2015 23:18

Got this piece as a gift, pleasent surprise as I have always been fond of Mickey Mouse watches and it is difficult finding one that is non quartz and 40mm and above in diameter.

Have never owned any Ingersoll before this one and was apprehensive with regards to the quality etc

Regardless, this watch is from their The Golden Years of Disney watch series with a world wide limited edition of 500 pcs.

Very nice dial with printed Arabic numbers and minute track. Signature Mickey Mouse with his hands indicating hours and minutes. The seconds hand is black, very short and tends to dissappear into the back ground.

An opening in the centre allows a glimpse of the gilt Miyota 8N24 movement.
While a display back show cases the skeletonized movement with Ingersoll branding on the skeletonized rotor
Appears to be a stock 8N24 with customised rotor, nothing special here, but blends well with the overall dial design.

Case is 41mm in diameter with a mixture of vertically brushed surfaces and polished surfaces, rather simple and could have been better executed IMHO. Mineral crystal is slightly domed. The crown is signed with the Disney "D" which is a nice little detail. My biggest gripe about this watch would be the Ingersoll branding on the side of the case as well as the screw bars system for strap attachment
The screws were very tight and difficult to remove and I wonder at the long term durability of the screw threads as well as the screw head?

The watch comes in a decent wooden display box with limited edition plate glued on and a white outer box.

Hopefully it will keep time within stated specs of - 10/+20s per day? Ingersoll documentation differs from specs published by Miyota (-20s/+40s)? So I am fine with either range, although given my OCD I may be tempted to have it regulated under warranty if it exceeds Ingersoll's stated variance.

Overall I am pretty happy with the way it looks on my wrist and the size is just right. The skeletonized movement and hobnail like bezel lends a vintage vibe to the watch while the Mickey Mouse theme makes a "fun" piece to wear.

However if I had bought this then I would consider it not very value for money piece as $$ paid is quite a lot for a almost certainly designed in UK/USA/Germany, made in China, Japanese movement watch.

Still overall quality is decent and I would recommend Mickey Mouse fans to get one.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
Ed.YEO

Re: First Impressions : Ingersoll limited edition skeleton M

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Jul 2015 00:36

You gave us a nice and detail impression on this unique piece.
Although the brand may have in recent years, give local collectors negative impressions because of the rough quality of new ownership work quality on their releases.
The revival of Ingersoll Mickey watch gives a fresh new feel to the good old classic, which i believe is like a needle in a haystack... very hard to find. And the use of the Japanese movement rest assures potential buyers of future serviceability.

It's a nice collectible item... well to those who may willing to part almost half a thousand, judging by it's list price. ;)
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
KKFA

Post by KKFA » 22 Jul 2015 17:51

For those interested I just happen to see these watches on display at the watch shop in Parkway Parade. Same floor as Giant. Looks nice but can see the workmanship is not really that good. But for die hard Mickey fans I think it's rather vintage look should be a must have.

Enjoy your mouse hunt!
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 22 Jul 2015 20:06

Not too many places carry these I think. Uncle at one watch shop was telling me these are hard to sell because of the higher price compared to other Ingersoll models.

Workmanship wise I would say comparable to Seiko 5 and citizen in the $200-300++ range. Simple finishing but evenly done even between the lugs and hands are tight with no slack and hits aligns to the hour and minute markers exactly.

Trident

Post by Trident » 22 Jul 2015 21:14

OMG, the branding at the side is the same as Invicta, not my favorite
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 01 Aug 2015 18:01

Very nice watch.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 01 Aug 2015 21:20

TheChef wrote:Very nice watch.
Thanks.. Keeping decent time so far +8-9s per day.

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 02 Aug 2015 12:51

No more stock at Yuen Loong.
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 Aug 2015 15:16

Maybe can check it out @ the distributor's Whse sale @ Henderson?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 02 Aug 2015 15:24

Ed.YEO wrote:Maybe can check it out @ the distributor's Whse sale @ Henderson?
Got warehouse sale? When? What brands are there?

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 Aug 2015 16:46

The least popular ones... like Ingersoll, TITAN, FIYTA...
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 02 Aug 2015 16:50

Courtesy from a kind brother in this forum.

Mickey Mouse watch only 20% discount and cannot confirm on availability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
phantom150

Post by phantom150 » 03 Aug 2015 08:47

Ed.YEO wrote:Maybe can check it out @ the distributor's Whse sale @ Henderson?
only the braun watch n timex abc watch was attractive to me.

rest even with 50% still a tad too high.

The titan for 30odd bucks good for normal wear lo
Looking for m/c ebc brake pads and k&n air filter, PM me.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 03 Aug 2015 11:12

I wanted to go there see the FIYTA, TITAN and INGERSOLL mechanicals initially... but one of my ex-colleague went there before noon... said nothing much to see.
Afternoon i lost interest liaoz... yeah... MOVADO cannot be seen, dunno where they put.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 03 Aug 2015 11:15

Wish can find the fiyta space chronograph watch in Singapore..

(pic courtesy of another forum)