My first vintage purchase from Antique Watch Bar

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
belkelbro

Post by belkelbro » 13 Jan 2012 22:06

Just wanna share my watch purchase experience with the vintage seiko website http://www.antiquewatchat.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I order the watch 2 days ago and it arrived this morning with the watch properly packed and in exact same look as portrayed in the pictures. The previous email exchanged with the dealer also was replied within the day itself. However as I was new to mechanical winding watch I didn't wind it enough and the watch stopped/jammed after a few minutes. I mailed the guy and he immediately replied me with a number to call and resolved the problems and gave me the right instructions to wind fully.

Overall, the good service and polite attitude won me over. It's stuff like this that made me love watch collecting more.

(P.S Thx roo7 for his help too )

Last edited by belkelbro on 13 Jan 2012 22:32, edited 2 times in total.
aiken74

Re: My first vintage purchase from Antique Watch Bar

Post by aiken74 » 13 Jan 2012 22:14

gxgx but hor where ish de peekture of de watch huh... ;)
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 13 Jan 2012 22:15

belkelbro wrote:Just wanna share my watch purchase experience with the vintage seiko website http://www.antiquewatchat.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I order the watch 2 days ago and it arrived this morning with the watch properly packed and in exact same look as portrayed in the pictures. The previous email exchanged with the dealer also was replied within the day itself. However as I was new to mechanical winding watch I didn't wind it enough and the watch stopped/jammed after a few minutes. I mailed the guy and he immediately replied me with a number to call and resolved the problems and gave me the right instructions to wind fully.

Overall, the good service and polite attitude won me over. It's stuff like this that made me love watch collecting more.

(P.S Thx CEO for his help too )
+1

Keep it up.
I will never love what you love.
But, I love hearing your love.
:)
belkelbro

Post by belkelbro » 13 Jan 2012 22:29

aiken74 wrote:gxgx but hor where ish de peekture of de watch huh... ;)
hehe bruther updated liao. been test driving this watch today, friends liked it too.
aiken74

Post by aiken74 » 13 Jan 2012 22:39

belkelbro wrote:
aiken74 wrote:gxgx but hor where ish de peekture of de watch huh... ;)
hehe bruther updated liao. been test driving this watch today, friends liked it too.
:oops: saw liao...bt I still finding lub for dress watch bt still bo click de... :mrgreen:
sellwatch

Post by sellwatch » 14 Jan 2012 00:05

belkelbro wrote:Just wanna share my watch purchase experience with the vintage seiko website http://www.antiquewatchat.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice piece bro. Looks like ur poison is spreading fast.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 14 Jan 2012 14:32

Gxgx bro

This will not be the only piece :twisted:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
fireal

Post by fireal » 15 Feb 2012 14:56

old is gold , soon you will be selling all your modern watches
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
feilong108

Post by feilong108 » 15 Feb 2012 15:52

Looks very nice!!!!

Eric is a nice dude to deal with...just gotten a watch from him too...
Cosmograph

Post by Cosmograph » 27 Feb 2012 10:25

Classy piece. What was the deciding factor to choose such a vintage? Technical knowhow is what's limiting me from going old school. At least the people here will know the experience with the seller. Enjoy the acquisition!
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!