My urchin .

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
AV-XO

My urchin .

Post by AV-XO » 13 Oct 2012 03:45

My first watch after many years , Seiko SNZF17J1 . I had read that this is also called "Sea Urchin" and some forums named it "Baby Sumo" as well .
Sea Sumo , perhaps :lol: ?

A few pics . Pardon the horrible picture quality .
A total of 5 links were removed just to fit my wrist lol .

I wanted a mechanical watch that looked like the Rolex Submariner without the premium price tag :lol: . After visiting shops in Chinatown and Bencoolen , I narrowed down my choices to 3 brands , Kadloo , Orient and of course , Seiko :) . Eventually , I decided on Seiko due to it's affordability and reliability . On an online store, I came across the SNZF29J and immediately took a liking to it as the small case diameter seemed suitable for my skinny wrist and most importantly , it looked like a Rolex Sub lol . Unfortunately , the watch was listed as being out of stock so the search continued and the SNZH55J1 popped up . Even though it looked nice, I was a bit worried that the size might look fugly on my wrist . A few more clicks later I found out that the SNZF29J has a bigger brother in the form of the Sea Urchin ! Great ! But then, the same concerns about it being too big for my muppet wrist remained . The following day , I decided to go down to People's Park to have a good look see look see how they really looked like and maybe try out some of them .
After scanning through many watches , I finally found the Sea Urchin ! Asked the saleslady to show it to me , tried it on my wrist , "Hmmmm , doesn't look that fugly on my wrist", I thought to myself , deliberated on it a bit , then finally decided that is what I wanted :) . Went back home a few blue notes less but very happy .
zidaneong

Re: My urchin .

Post by zidaneong » 18 Oct 2012 20:26

Congrats on your new purchase. :)
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 03 Feb 2014 11:09

A "K" model, got this one from a trade a couple of months ago.

A Prosperous Year of the Horse to all Bros and to your family.

Cheers!
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 03 Feb 2014 11:37

Congrats, I like the pop up indices.
balzebub71

Post by balzebub71 » 03 Feb 2014 15:54

Congrats OP on the very nice watch, almost picked this up from Mustafa over the CNY holidays. Might still do so one day

Sent from my PadFone Infinity using Tapatalk
I want to be a one watch guy!!
bofff

Post by bofff » 08 Feb 2014 20:12

Looks really good. Dial and hands are indeed similar ro Sumo's. But case looks so smaller. Lugs shape is mai difference.
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 12 Feb 2014 05:32

bofff wrote:Looks really good. Dial and hands are indeed similar ro Sumo's. But case looks so smaller. Lugs shape is mai difference.
The case is measured at 40mm if I am not mistaken. Just nice IMHO.

Good morning to all SCS Bros. :mrgreen:
benz

Post by benz » 12 Feb 2014 11:59

This is one of my first automatic watch.
Loving and enjoying it even though I had added quite a "few" watches to my collection.
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 12 Feb 2014 23:25

benz wrote:This is one of my first automatic watch.
Loving and enjoying it even though I had added quite a "few" watches to my collection.
Can share pictures of other watches in your collection Bro? It would be much appreciated. ;)

Cheers. :mrgreen:
Andoy

Post by Andoy » 19 Mar 2014 23:45

:mrgreen:

telepgm

Post by telepgm » 17 Sep 2014 19:46

My Sea Urchin, then & now: ImageImagewelcome to the club. :)
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg