Swatch SISTEM51automatic

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
kment

Swatch SISTEM51automatic

Post by kment » 25 Jul 2014 23:24

Swatch New radical reinvention of the new SISTEM51 mechanical engineering watch that is uniquely made up of just 51 components held together by a single screw in a hermetically sealed case .
No human hand is involved in the SISTEM51 production , making this the only mechanical movement whose assembly is done at 100% automated.
This 42-mm swatch SISTEM51 is also the only Swiss made mechanical watche to be prized new at $209 sgd .4 colours is available :
Blue , red , white and black .

Front and back details
The front design of every SISTEM51 is inspired by the Copernican revolution , which recognises the sun as the center of our planetary systems.
The red points on the watch face indicates the position of the mechanical universe beneath.
The transparent back shows the inner workings of the watch , most notably a disc spinning freely around the only screw in the watch .

Unprecedented technology
Laser is use for precise calibration , a quantum leap in the production of mechanical watches which is traditionally assembled by human hand .

Arcap components
The 51 parts are made of ARCAP - an alloy of copper , nickel , zinc with anti- magnetic qualities that prevent the movement of the watch from needing adjustments over time.

Reliable time- keeping
The 3 Hz movement delivers precise long lasting maintenance free performance , plus it also has a 90 hours of power reserves .

http://m.swatch.com/sg_ms/sistem51.html
trex
Freshies

Re: Swatch SISTEM51automatic

Post by trex » 12 Jan 2015 23:25

anyone bought this yet??
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 13 Jan 2015 14:27

I bought the black red. Feel it's the start of a new movement in the watch industry - low cost mechanical movement. Also as a "souvenir" of a recent Taiwan trip.

It's an OK watch. Plastic-y as most Swatch watches are. The movement itself is pretty loud, while the overall construction screams "you get what you paid for".

At the price point, a Seiko 5 would be a better watch I would think.
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 13 Jan 2015 20:37

galaxy_convoy wrote:I bought the black red. Feel it's the start of a new movement in the watch industry - low cost mechanical movement. Also as a "souvenir" of a recent Taiwan trip.

It's an OK watch. Plastic-y as most Swatch watches are. The movement itself is pretty loud, while the overall construction screams "you get what you paid for".

At the price point, a Seiko 5 would be a better watch I would think.
Agree, plus I dun think it can be serviced. Thats my sticking point.
telepgm

Swatch SISTEM51automatic

Post by telepgm » 15 Jan 2015 12:31

Not sure if I'll sound defensive making this comment, but the 51 is not meant be solid construction watch that will last you a lifetime.

People appreciate and admire the 51 because of the sheer genius in movement design, technology and the whooping 90 hour power reserve...all assembled by robots and held together by 1 freaking screw.

Let's see how Seiko 5 can beat the 51 in that aspect. I'm a huge fan of Seiko 5s and I have several of them, but the 51 is just...a work of art.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
galaxy_convoy

Post by galaxy_convoy » 15 Jan 2015 15:35

telepgm wrote:Not sure if I'll sound defensive making this comment, but the 51 is not meant be solid construction watch that will last you a lifetime.

People appreciate and admire the 51 because of the sheer genius in movement design, technology and the whooping 90 hour power reserve...all assembled by robots and held together by 1 freaking screw.

Let's see how Seiko 5 can beat the 51 in that aspect. I'm a huge fan of Seiko 5s and I have several of them, but the 51 is just...a work of art.
I agree that the Sistem51 is a major milestone for watches. That's why I bought it. :) When the movement (or something similar) starts appearing in higher end watches from Tissot, Hamilton, or even Longines, it'll be nice to know I own the original.

But at the same time I feel that even at that low price point, there are many watches that are better buys. Objectively, if just evaluating the watch itself.