Dicon StrapShine

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
Stan80

Dicon StrapShine

Post by Stan80 » 21 Aug 2016 14:01

I am still in my journey into Horology and never have I ever thought about taking care of my leather straps. 3 years ago, I meet a reall nice guy who introduce and open my tour about watches. I always take care of my watches well, protecting them from knocks and bumps. Straps are always a sidekick always in my opinion.

This nice buddy of mine caught me off guard with a new product, Dicon StrapShine. It nourishes, waterproofs and cleans watch straps! I am quite skeptical at first but with the trust in him, i bought 1 small tin to try it out. When it comes to leather care, mink oil is usually the first product that comes to our mind but not all mink oil products are great with every leather product.

I look at my aged leather strap and it has been though many weathers and abuse. The color has nice patina but i can feel the leather harden over time. I took a swipe in the tin, start applying it on this raw leather strap. I applied a very thin layer sparingly without much excess. Quality over quantity huh?

Going about my usual business and allowing StrapShine to settle in. The leather darkens upon applying but hey, this is natural for Strapshine is made from natural ingredients. Beewax and mink oil are a great combination that we can even use this as lip balm. How can anyone believe it?

After 30 minutes, i return to my strap. First touch surprised me! My strap is smooth and soften so much, it feels just like a new born baby body. The color of the strap has returned to its natural color too! I am truly amazed by the transformation totally.

I standby this product now and hope anyone who wants to have a go at giving your straps a great spa, try Dicon Strap Shine for a start. Have a search in Carousell or most local watch community and forums in Singapore, you should be able to find this product. Last but not least, I tried it and believe, you should too.
My family, my life, my watches...
Personal favourite: Tudor Classic Moxa
Trident

Re: Dicon StrapShine

Post by Trident » 21 Aug 2016 14:37

Good write-up Stan, waiting to get mine.
cirdec

Post by cirdec » 21 Aug 2016 23:29

Got mine during the launch. Very happy with the results after applying to most of my straps. Especially the raw hand made one for my Borealis.

We spend so much $$$ on watches and straps. I think it's only right we invest in taking care of the straps too.
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 22 Aug 2016 09:28

cirdec wrote:Got mine during the launch. Very happy with the results after applying to most of my straps. Especially the raw hand made one for my Borealis.

We spend so much $$$ on watches and straps. I think it's only right we invest in taking care of the straps too.
Right investment really made the straps last so much longer, allowing them to develop character...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Aug 2016 10:19

Make me want to shine my face!!! :mrgreen:
But serously lah... i have one sibeh old strap coming to more than 20yrs... dunno ehsai add strengf by apply some of this creame boh... anyone can meet to sameple?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Stan80

Post by Stan80 » 22 Aug 2016 12:37

Ed.YEO wrote:Make me want to shine my face!!! :mrgreen:
But serously lah... i have one sibeh old strap coming to more than 20yrs... dunno ehsai add strengf by apply some of this creame boh... anyone can meet to sameple?
Your strap still in 1 piece then i think ok...

Many pieces i think use superglue liao...
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 23 Aug 2016 11:48

Stan80 wrote:I am still in my journey into Horology and never have I ever thought about taking care of my leather straps. 3 years ago, I meet a reall nice guy who introduce and open my tour about watches. I always take care of my watches well, protecting them from knocks and bumps. Straps are always a sidekick always in my opinion.

This nice buddy of mine caught me off guard with a new product, Dicon StrapShine. It nourishes, waterproofs and cleans watch straps! I am quite skeptical at first but with the trust in him, i bought 1 small tin to try it out. When it comes to leather care, mink oil is usually the first product that comes to our mind but not all mink oil products are great with every leather product.

I look at my aged leather strap and it has been though many weathers and abuse. The color has nice patina but i can feel the leather harden over time. I took a swipe in the tin, start applying it on this raw leather strap. I applied a very thin layer sparingly without much excess. Quality over quantity huh?

Going about my usual business and allowing StrapShine to settle in. The leather darkens upon applying but hey, this is natural for Strapshine is made from natural ingredients. Beewax and mink oil are a great combination that we can even use this as lip balm. How can anyone believe it?

After 30 minutes, i return to my strap. First touch surprised me! My strap is smooth and soften so much, it feels just like a new born baby body. The color of the strap has returned to its natural color too! I am truly amazed by the transformation totally.

I standby this product now and hope anyone who wants to have a go at giving your straps a great spa, try Dicon Strap Shine for a start. Have a search in Carousell or most local watch community and forums in Singapore, you should be able to find this product. Last but not least, I tried it and believe, you should too.
Stan, thanks kindly for the candid review of Strap Shine by Dicon. Thanks also for gracing the launch last Saturday, much appreciated. Hope you find the product useful and may your beloved straps enjoy the TLC given by Strap Shine.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 23 Aug 2016 11:50

Trident wrote:Good write-up Stan, waiting to get mine.
Hi Trident, thanks kindly for your interest as well. For more information on how to get your hands/straps on one, please write in to us at hello@jaspe.com.sg

Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 23 Aug 2016 11:52

cirdec wrote:Got mine during the launch. Very happy with the results after applying to most of my straps. Especially the raw hand made one for my Borealis.

CIrdec, the trooper who bought 2 tins during the launch. Thanks very kindly. Hope you find Strap Shine by Dicon useful. Please write to us at hello@jaspe.com.sg if you need immediate attention. Meanwhile, hope your straps are enjoy the effects of the product. Thanks again.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 23 Aug 2016 11:53

Ed.YEO wrote:Make me want to shine my face!!! :mrgreen:
Greetings, Ed! A picture of your strap on this post would be great. We can all have a look ad give you our objective opinion. Hear from you soon!
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 09 Sep 2016 23:01

Dear Stan80,

I hope this gesture of goodwill did not come too late. After discussing with the management we would like to reward you offering 20% off retail price of all our products in our catalogue. Please log on to http://www.jaspe.com.sg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to view our full catalogue.

This gesture of goodwill is valid for you until the 31st of January 2017.

Please write to us directly at hello@jaspe.com.sg for your orders.

Thanks again for reviewing Strap Shine by Dicon. On behalf of Dicon Leather Care, here's wishing you all the best in career, health and life.