Review: Panzera Aqua Marine 45 in PVD (Pacific Spirit Model)

Post up your articles and reviews for future references
telepgm

Review: Panzera Aqua Marine 45 in PVD (Pacific Spirit Model)

Post by telepgm » 10 Oct 2016 10:10

I have the honour to be invited by De Time Pte Ltd to review one of their best seller in their boutique: The Panzera Aqua Marine 45 (AQ45) in PVD. I instantly connected with the watch, partly because of my love for heavy metal music. This one goes out to you, Dimebag. (RIP 8th December 2004)

Here are some of the specs lifted from Panzera's official website of this handsome looking diver:

Please click on the link for more information in Panzera's own words: http://panzera-style.com/aquamarine-a45-02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What I like about the watch (Part 1):

The look: With an Italian Classic Dive Watch Style Casing in PVD, at the big fraction of the price, Panzera has managed to fulfil a watchlover's desire to own this bad boy, without breaking the bank.

The hands: Not sure if there's an official name for this style of hands, let's just call them "Skeleton Broad-Sword Hands" for now. The hour and minute hands would frame the day/date window nicely, making it a joy (and perhaps even a highlight) to watch at the 15th minute of each other.

What I like about the watch (Part 2):

The Size: While the famous Italian brand has 2 sizes (47mm or 44mm), the AQ45 sits nicely in the middle at 45mm. This size is not only suitable for men, but for ladies who want to be bold and beautiful at the same time.

The Movement: The Miyota 820A is known for her robustness and reliability. My experience with Miyotas have been great; she will last a good 5 - 7 years. Any reliable watch maker in Singapore would be familiar with this movement and repairing/servicing would not be difficult.

What I like about the watch (Part 3):

The triple signed features: Caseback, Crown and Tang-Buckle bears Panzera's logo and name. The 45 degree angled Anchor as logo, adds that evergreen handsome-looking masculine accent to the watch.

The overall construction: It feels serious, it feels solid, it feels like it's built like a tank. Nuff said. Say "NO" to flimsy watches.

The dial: The accented "12" with a dash of red is very eye catching. Along side with the applied indicators and the pilot style arrow downwards, the whole dial is just a pleasure to look at. Did I mention that it's easy to tell time as well?

What I REALLY like about the watch:

Double AR Coating Flat Sapphire Crystal: In certain angle during the day, the subtle blue shades engulf the dial. I had shivers when I first saw it. It's simply just too cool for school. (Scroll down for photo below).

The different choices offered by the AQ45: She comes in Chrome, Rosegold and PVD. They all look very charming in their own rights.

Versatility of the AQ45 : Leather Straps make her ready for important meetings or high profile cocktail party, rubber straps make her ready for deep sea diving or just a weekend day out for fun. However, it's the nato straps that make the AQ45 having endless fun in mixing and matching.

What I think the watch can improve on:

The Crown: The crown feels a little wobbly during adjustment of date and time. However, it should be fine if you are not Hercules or Samson, and not use normal than usual strength while handling the crown. However, this is surely something Panzera has to look into for their future production of the AQ45.

The Day/Date function: I am purist when it comes to tribute pieces. If I was an Elite Italian Military Diver, I do not think a day/date function, while I am 50 meters underwater trying to bomb an Allies battleship, would be useful. I very much prefer my Italian Tribute Diver with sterile dial, telling me the time clearly without any other distractions. But that's just me. A day/date function on the AQ45 would be a bonus for most wearers who want the most out of their watch.

The Price: The AQ45's RRP at SGD$936 would set her in an arena with a lot of strong competition. Passionate watch lovers will naturally compare the AQ45 with other Italian Diver Tributes at similar or lower price range. Another even more relevant challenge: watch collectors will surely draw respectable Japanese branded diver with in-house movements in the same equation.

Then again, as a watch reviewer, I must recognize the fact that not everyone who enjoys timepieces are watchgeeks like me. A grand majority of watch buyers would choose style above everything else. The AQ45 still has a big market ahead of her.

Conclusion: The AQ45 is Panzera's grand tribute to the Classic Italian Dive Watch. She is very solidly built (but Panzera must look into making the crown better) and very handsome looking and suitable for most occasion depending what straps she on. The movement chosen by Panzera for the AQ45 is reliable and robust; which is the No.1 peace-of-mind factor for all to consider before purchasing a time piece. The AQ45 is not only gentlemen, but ladies who wish to be bold and different can consider her as well.

Acknowledgement and thanks: Special thanks to Mr. Chua and Russell of De Time Pte Ltd for loaning me the Panzera's AQ45 for this review. You can find them at Clarke Quay Central #01-37. Here is their official facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/deTimePTELTD/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Feel free to leave me a comment on your views, comments and even objections in this forum. If you have some other private questions, feel free to PM me or write to me at hello@jaspe.com.sg whenever. Stay tune for the next review and thank you for reading.
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg