Seagull

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
yowech

Seagull

Post by yowech » 07 May 2012 23:48

I been keen to find out more about Seagull timepiece. Wonder anyone here own/owned one? What do you think about it?
Ed.YEO

Re: Seagull

Post by Ed.YEO » 08 May 2012 00:29

Brudder Lun owned a piece before... to bad that he flipped too quick...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 08 May 2012 00:46

used to own these before

and a few other mushroom brands but using Seagull movt

I would say Seagull is a good watch, timekeeping is good, build/quality of watch is good.

Seagull is very popular over at US, its trying to break into Spore market but I still dun see anyone with a seagull in the wild as of yet.

Seagull can br had cheap on ebay if u search hard enuff

here are a few lobangs
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Classic-Sea- ... _500wt_922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/New-Sea-Gull ... _719wt_905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/New-designer ... _500wt_922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/New-Sea-Gull ... _669wt_905" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
stepper78

Post by stepper78 » 08 May 2012 07:16

currently own a 1963 reissue:

watchlooker

Post by watchlooker » 08 May 2012 08:16

Well.... if you are looking for a vfm chrono at a competitive price.... you will not be disappointed with seagull st19!

I owned all these 3..... ;)
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 08 May 2012 09:33

Ed.YEO wrote:Brudder Lun owned a piece before... to bad that he flipped too quick...
CEO's ex with me... :lol:

Used 2 owned the reissue n now left the moonphase...:)
SEAGULL is vfm imo...:)
CoolieND

Post by CoolieND » 08 May 2012 14:01

Build quality can be good, but the quality/ QC on my (basic) M177S is a bit wanting.... Not to mention that 10-10 chronograph floating around! :lol: :lol: Depends on the price of the watch, perhaps?
Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 21 Aug 2012 12:52

For those looking for Seagull alternatives, you may want to consider Ingersoll. Currently under the Timex group which I believe is produced by Seagull. I have a IN7805 Moonphase which looks like the watch that Lun posted above.

I am interested in buying the Tian Jin Zi Zuan with the red star. Was searching online and found a guy selling in Hong Kong. But didn't manage to contact him when I was there due to work schedule. Does anyone know where I can get a copy in Singapore?

Appreciate the reply if any. Thanks.
morningbell

Post by morningbell » 21 Aug 2012 17:04

Mobilenerd wrote: I am interested in buying the Tian Jin Zi Zuan with the red star. Was searching online and found a guy selling in Hong Kong. But didn't manage to contact him when I was there due to work schedule. Does anyone know where I can get a copy in Singapore?

You referring to the seagull 1963 chrono that watchlooker posted? I am also curious why local Seagull website does not have this model and there is always alot of interest in this model on different forums.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 21 Aug 2012 17:29

Mobilenerd wrote:For those looking for Seagull alternatives, you may want to consider Ingersoll. Currently under the Timex group which I believe is produced by Seagull. I have a IN7805 Moonphase which looks like the watch that Lun posted above.

I am interested in buying the Tian Jin Zi Zuan with the red star. Was searching online and found a guy selling in Hong Kong. But didn't manage to contact him when I was there due to work schedule. Does anyone know where I can get a copy in Singapore?

Similarities are there

U mean this?

Locally, i have not seen any up FS on forums, during a period, there were a couple FS here

I did see one on ebay, $300+ sgd but not sure if its still available now

There might be some on WUS.
Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 21 Aug 2012 20:21

Same case and movement. Only dial is different.
Had this Ingersoll for 3 yrs and mineral crystal still good.

The Zi Zuan red star is indeed rare here. Saw one for sale last year on sg-roc.
Prices out of HK was under us$180. Found a reference for it in pmwf.
Not sold by Seagull I think cos it's assembled by a chap in HK.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Aug 2012 02:09

looking for budget moonphase made by Seagull?
here's one... less than 100eu. @ http://www.conrad.com/Sea-Gull-0509J-SL ... 05_0819101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

review @ http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/conrad ... 86542.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Aug 2012 02:20

lunarin79 wrote:Image
Still can get this... but brandless though...

@ here... http://www.good-stuffs.com/Sea-Gull-M19 ... _p_33.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 22 Aug 2012 06:16

Th seagull that CEO flipped has somehow landed in my watch box already.

Loved it at first sight... I saw several seagull previously and was mesmerized by the classy yet simple look. I thought Chinatown complex or so got one shop selling seagull??

So far after wearing for close to a month, time keeping is ok, weight and thickness is comfortable on my wrist also. Cannot really find QA/QC flaws unless you are damn fussy type of person,
Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 22 Aug 2012 12:08

There is a Seagull dealer at People's Park Complex I heard. Prices not sure as I have not been there.

They are weighty for sure. I remember having a 40mm Seagull sometime back and it was pretty well made. Flipped it cos the dial was too colourful for my taste.
morningbell

Post by morningbell » 22 Aug 2012 14:46

Ed.YEO wrote:
Still can get this... but brandless though...
Perpetual watch in HK has a similar watch with the same seagull movement and similar pricing. Not sure how much local watchmakers charge fr servicing?

http://perpetual-watch.com/images/chron ... -06_II.JPG

http://perpetual-watch.com/images/chron ... e_back.JPG

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 22 Aug 2012 15:37

I think PERPETUAL have warranty provided to their watch if i'm not wrong. Otherwise their watches wouldn't have caught attentions from WUS collectors liaoz.

Regarding servicing of ST19 movements, to date we have not found in SG that really provide servicing in competitive rates(you can forget about Dr.GOH lah... he mentioned before, too complex to handle).
This is why we need more contributions of suggestion to this thread...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3652" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
morningbell

Post by morningbell » 22 Aug 2012 19:07

If there is reasonable local servicing, it looks like really VFM. Alot of watchmaking minus branding. I find it amazing that seagull can produce this ST1908 movement at this kind of prices and how they can even add a moonphrase.

Found another japanese brand using the movement. Got the patek 5170 vibe.

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 22 Aug 2012 20:12

morningbell wrote:
Found another japanese brand using the movement. Got the patek 5170 vibe.

]
This is nice
Malo

Post by Malo » 23 Aug 2012 07:23

Anyone heard of Beijing Watch Company? Not much information about this company.

Sorry for the OT :)