I need some Steinhart POISON please =p

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
funksoulava

Re: I need some Steinhart POISON please =p

Post by funksoulava » 06 Dec 2012 10:19

Thanks Ed for your usual detailed insights. The Tissot you posted should most probably be the one I saw and was priced around $1.1k after discount. And I thought the 7750 was the cheapest chrono movement around which led to my conclusion on the Steinhart costing more then the Tissot.

Thanks Solanum88 for your reply and pix. You're not making this easy for me, you know? =p

Thanks bro rogue_hog. Yesterday I was all hot and bothered about the Steinhart. However, today I woke up and the first thing to hit me was: wouldn't it be better value to get a JDM Seiko with either 6R15 or 6R21 movements compared to Steinharts with ETA2824-2? The Seiko auto chronos are much higher priced then the Nav B but Gnomon doesn't have the version with bracelet (yes I'm a bracelet guy.... I hate the smell of leather after it's been soaked with my persperation after a period of time =p). Guess I still can't make up my mind....... =p
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 06 Dec 2012 10:43

Go with your feel, bro. It's your dough, spend it on what your heart desires. Not what others tell you to get.

I'm not an expert on Seiko, or even on any brand or movements, actually. Haha! But I've been reading that the 6r15 is reliable. Due to the supply crunch of the 2824, some micro brands are already switching to it. But I could be wrong.

Anyway, here's a pic of how an aviation auto looks on bracelet.

Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 06 Dec 2012 11:54

Solanum88 wrote: Nav-B 47mm DLC
Hi Solanum88,

May I ask where you got this strap? It looks very nice.
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 06 Dec 2012 14:05

Mobilenerd wrote:
Solanum88 wrote: Nav-B 47mm DLC
Hi Solanum88,

May I ask where you got this strap? It looks very nice.
Hi, I actually recieved this strap as part of the trade with this watch, have no idea where did the previous owner get the strap but its a 24mm strap notched to fit the 22mm lugs of the Nav B :)
Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 06 Dec 2012 14:42

Thanks for the reply. Nice strap.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 06 Dec 2012 14:44

Bro, funksoulava, I was browsing the gnomon website. Seems like quite a bit of steinhart stock just arrived today. In case you're interested I suggest you drop by.
Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 06 Dec 2012 15:07

rogue_hog wrote:Bro, funksoulava, I was browsing the gnomon website. Seems like quite a bit of steinhart stock just arrived today. In case you're interested I suggest you drop by.

More poison coming my way.
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 06 Dec 2012 16:02

Mobilenerd wrote:
rogue_hog wrote:Bro, funksoulava, I was browsing the gnomon website. Seems like quite a bit of steinhart stock just arrived today. In case you're interested I suggest you drop by.

More poison coming my way.
Fresh from the oven!

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 06 Dec 2012 17:23

What??? U hoot all these???
Waah... U must be damn stressful this month wor...
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 06 Dec 2012 17:30

Haha no la
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 06 Dec 2012 17:31

My 11th watch from gnomon.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 06 Dec 2012 19:47

rogue_hog wrote:My 11th watch from gnomon.
Nice copper dial
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 06 Dec 2012 20:56

funksoulava wrote:Thanks Ed for your usual detailed insights. The Tissot you posted should most probably be the one I saw and was priced around $1.1k after discount. And I thought the 7750 was the cheapest chrono movement around which led to my conclusion on the Steinhart costing more then the Tissot....
The cost of ETA7750 will only go up, won't go down. Unless if SEIKO mass produce in large volume of the movement used in FLIGHTMASTER or TAG's calibre 16, you won't see 7750 much under SGD1k point.
There're however, another budget label that have some 7750 watches selling under 1k, but their designs could be boring to you, and there wasn't much good options for you.
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...

Post by 004 » 06 Dec 2012 21:36

funksoulava wrote: . Yesterday I was all hot and bothered about the Steinhart. However, today I woke up and the first thing to hit me was: wouldn't it be better value to get a JDM Seiko .Guess I still can't make up my mind....... =p
Hi funksoul , its bad trying to make up ones mind when watch hunting . I checked out Orient watches @ Big Time yesterday & bro let me tell you they are very impressive & exellent value for money . A nice big Automatic Orient that would suit your big wrist is the "AKA - THE BEAST"
M Force - Model #EL06001H its a awesome watch . Anyway buy whatever makes you :D

P.S Orient watches can be very poison, http://www.orient-watch.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
funksoulava

Post by funksoulava » 06 Dec 2012 23:45

Bro rogue_hog, you conperm ish Gnomon VVIP lah..... enter only all the seow seow swee chew pio on the table for you to inspect leow =p

Ed, you've brought up a very important point. Budget label with 7750 watches under 1k but designs boring. Steinhart's design nice but cost a little more. You seem to read me very well hor? Are you a Seiko-logist? =p

Miker, you need to make up your mind while watch hunting eventually. However, when I find myself in a quandary, I will turn to my VOR: voice of reason. I'll tell them what perplexes me and I'll get sound advice from them =)
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 20 Dec 2012 12:37

Wah many people at the stuck up shop!
Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 20 Dec 2012 15:22

If you looked past the counter, there is a foldable safari bed which Rouge Hog uses when no one is around. :-)
rogue_hog

Post by rogue_hog » 21 Dec 2012 20:21

Mobilenerd where are you? So crowded I couldn't find you!
Mobilenerd

Post by Mobilenerd » 22 Dec 2012 09:11

Haha, had to get home and pass wifey her Aristo.

Can see Christine guarding the exit like a hawk. Either that or it's close to 7 and she wants to leave. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
guyvers

Post by guyvers » 31 Dec 2012 15:32

I like the Nav b urii....and Ocean vintage military.....more fav