Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
joechants

shanghai watches

Post by joechants » 16 Mar 2013 08:39

Any1 own it? How's the movement?
Cosmograph

Re: shanghai watches

Post by Cosmograph » 16 Mar 2013 14:27

joechants wrote:Any1 own it? How's the movement?
There are autos & manual winds, usually cheap to play with but servicing, that's a tad more tricky locally. Simply cost of watch vs. amt spent on servicing & parts.
Enjoying Japanese, Swiss, Germans & Micros quartz or mechanical, solar/Eco or kinetic, electronic

Time is one's best friend or worst enemy. You can't stop her or contain her but you can use her or watch her go by!
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 30 Apr 2013 23:48

Drool guyz... for those who appreciates classic chinese label, Shanghai!
http://www.watchlead.com/wbbs/forum.php ... ypeid%3D71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...

Post by 004 » 01 May 2013 06:58

^^
Classic styling those Shanghai watches , nice pieces . 8-)
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 03 May 2013 07:50

Saw one the webpage there is a chap selling Chinese watch from HOMG KONG. The designs are not bad, just that you won't really know what movement it is inside

Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 03 May 2013 07:56

Nice mechanical for about $50 and I like the plexi crystal which gives the watch a vintage look. Came with a leather strap and a bracelet, both not to my liking but at the price im not complaining.

As for the Shanghai 8120 movement in it , handwinding is a little rough and I had an issue with mine whereby pushing the crown in would cause the minute hand to jump.

UPDATE: I went to dig out the watch today after seeing this post, what appears to be rust marks appeared on the dial and oxidation on the hands is pretty visible :cry:
supa4

Post by supa4 » 06 May 2013 13:56

http://www.shwatch.cn/eng/productDetail.asp?pd_id=9

this one looks nice...
anyone know where to get? locally or online... their online store not active...
Solanum88

Post by Solanum88 » 06 May 2013 20:07

They are easily available on Taobao, but you would have to get a taobao agent to order/deliver to sg.
supa4

Post by supa4 » 07 May 2013 11:21

Solanum88 wrote:They are easily available on Taobao, but you would have to get a taobao agent to order/deliver to sg.
Ic. Thanks for the info
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 23 Jun 2013 16:18

Ed.YEO wrote:Drool guyz... for those who appreciates classic chinese label, Shanghai!
http://www.watchlead.com/wbbs/forum.php ... ypeid%3D71" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Here's another thread... not from China. From HongKong. So folks who're proficient with Cantonese should be able to get more info on the movements used in Shanghai watches. Those who don't... well... just enjoy the pics, i guess...
http://www.discuss.com.hk/redirect.php? ... t#lastpost" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 23 Jun 2013 17:15

supa4 wrote:http://www.shwatch.cn/eng/productDetail.asp?pd_id=9

this one looks nice...
anyone know where to get? locally or online... their online store not active...
was scrolling quickly and thought this was a GS!
Vinc04

Post by Vinc04 » 30 Jun 2013 10:05

I have so far few pieces of Chinese watches and two shanghai watch with me. I liked these watches partly becoz of their design (the Chinese words reflects the oriental feel).. Makes are ok... And it's quite unique in its own way. Prices wise are quite reasonable and thus have nothing to complain about.

Image manual winding shanghai watch... Products of the 80's I believe

Image shanghai response to the sub with a homage design... Quite unique
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 20 Jun 2015 23:33

A ShangHai that's lesser seen in international forum...

swee bo?

Hand-Winder... the dial, according to HK forum member, is "carved" one.

According to the buyer... he got it in MongKok area... so those going to HK...