All about gadgets - Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles anything!

General chit chat and off topics
sellwatch

Re: All about gadgets - Smartphones, Tablets, Consoles anyth

Post by sellwatch » 02 May 2013 10:28

roo7 wrote:
sellwatch wrote:
Like that say good meh? :twisted:

Anybody with a Kindle here? Just hooted one and I realized it's a useless backward device.
lol it's meant for reading mah.

Sent from my iPhone
It doesn't even have a power off button. Just stays on wasting power.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 02 May 2013 10:51

sellwatch wrote:
roo7 wrote:
lol it's meant for reading mah.

Sent from my iPhone
It doesn't even have a power off button. Just stays on wasting power.
The kindle white paper screen only consumes power when it is changing the content on the screen. That why there isn't a power off button, cos it doesn't not consume additional power to maintain the content on the screen.
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 02 May 2013 11:38

That's what I thought too.

I actually wanted to buy a kindle during the thanks giving sales but the content that I want to read readily is not from Amazon, but PDFs from work or other sources and I don't know if kindle can render any other pdf properly.

Sort of like a text only browser trying to render a modern html page.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
MeePokMan

Post by MeePokMan » 02 May 2013 16:39

roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 02 May 2013 17:20

Ericsson 388 and 688 !

Sent from my iPhone
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 02 May 2013 17:22

MeePokMan wrote:Image
wa... this fella got ERICSSON fetish wor... all the way before join hand with Sony!
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 02 May 2013 17:44

chriscentro wrote:
Don't why I feel happy looking at this Nokia 8-)

I can't do without my PSP...everday it helps me live my football fantasy (since 2005), that's how old my PSP is!
nice! my phatt PSP still in the cupboard... i dont know what i can do with it actually...
ehhhh man utd fan?
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 02 May 2013 17:46

roo7 wrote:Ericsson 388 and 688 !

Sent from my iPhone
i remember i owed on 388.. with brue running light and buzzer...
i also remember the magnetism is so strong, it can actually attach my keys.... :shock:
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 02 May 2013 17:50

Evirobie wrote:I also looking at HTC One but the QC for the first batch seem a bit off. Maybe wait for the production to stablise first. If your S2 got warranty, dry it up and can still send in to Samsung for repair. Samsung is not as anal as Apple.
my gf just got one set from tampines singtel. the manufacturing date was dated 14/4/13
the gap issue was not very serious, which we found on some sets that it was so bad that when you go and press it, the gap can 'close'. the one she got was perfectly fine.
just a hairline but it was still sealed.

read some thread that htc one have disregard the 'zero' gap advertisement. and method that it is actually referring to the back cover.

going down to adix today to get my set. hopefully no gap issues
CarlsbergEaster

Post by CarlsbergEaster » 07 May 2013 16:29

TheChef wrote:
CarlsbergEaster wrote:Hand itchy feel like getting a Galaxy Note 10.1 to play before enlisting.

Anyone here owns a Note 10.1? :geek:
Army got iPad to play mah.
iOS abut boring leg, wanna try android on big screen :x
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 07 May 2013 16:57

funky_banana wrote:
chriscentro wrote:
Don't why I feel happy looking at this Nokia 8-)

I can't do without my PSP...everday it helps me live my football fantasy (since 2005), that's how old my PSP is!
nice! my phatt PSP still in the cupboard... i dont know what i can do with it actually...
ehhhh man utd fan?
When my PSP finally kong off, I will PM you! Ya, Man Utd fan here :lol:
Ed.YEO

VFM Mobile with Broadcom Chipset that won't break ur wallet!

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 May 2013 01:23

Even though not the Broadcom BCM46XXX as featured in the recent Galaxy S4 or HTC 1, BCM2XXXX mobile phone couldn't be that bad too...

Exactly 21days ago, bought an INDIAN Brand phone, fitted with BCM21654G chipset. Daily usage with average 4hrs FM radio reception, 10mins on in and out calls, average of 4hrs web surfing thru 2G connection, single SIM network connection... can last for 2 full days with single full charge on 1800mah battery!

ANTUTU score- without network connection, without activation of other programs, scores 3.6++k points.

Other hardware infos...

The only 2 issues i have dis-satisfaction on the phone are,
1。Even though the Camera Module 5mpx capturing capability,without AutoFocus, the image captured will still not be comparable to my older BlackBerry STORM2 with 2mpx and AF capability...
2。Limited size of the RAM which is pathetically @ 512mb. Some high frame speed games cannot work. And due to the limited ram, screen flow smoothness will often be affected.

Worth it or not...
@ SGD$160 with 1yr warranty, 4.5inch capacitive screen,1800mah removable battery,Single core 1Ghz CPU,latest Android4.0 O.S,dual sim standby, i guess should be acceptable... hor?
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 27 May 2013 09:39

honestly the ram is a bit.... low :lol:
but i guess you cannot hiam at that kind of price?
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 May 2013 11:05

yeah... realli cannot dig too much on the short comings.
During these 20days, i found that i use this much more than my BB9860 as well as my STORM2, mostly on FM reception as well as web browsing. Photographing still dependent on the BBs.
Evirobie

Post by Evirobie » 27 May 2013 12:00

Get from where? Maybe can get one for my dad...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 May 2013 12:03

Before getting this model, i had eyed upon another one from the same INDIAN Company, the A21 with a little better specs with dual core CPU that clocks @ 1.2Ghz as well as 5mpx camera with AF and 1800mah batt and 4.5inch capacitive screen, even though the ram size remains that same @ 512mb... which is just $20 more away...

But after reading numbers of user reports from various websites, that includes GSMarena... there seems to be a lot of hardware to O.S compatibility problem encountered by a lot of users. ...eventually go for A12...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 May 2013 12:15

Evirobie wrote:Get from where? Maybe can get one for my dad...
Little india a lot of shops got sell... but note, most of them do not have warranty as Mustafa offers. Which is honored by a local importer. The A12, to date, i can't find is it an OEM product from other china makes in the market, hence, getting a protective case could be a problem. I guess this is the only make in the mobile world to come out with the Broadcom chipset. SAMSUNG and HTC follows recently...

Mustafa sells @ $160 with 1yr warranty.
Standard sales package comes with a Micro-USB cable, a earpiece(acceptable audio quality), a 1800mah battery, a EU/US 2 pin charger with USB connection. Phone by default comes with multi-language menu, but without chinese txt input. Camera is a crap, so forget about it if your father is comfortable without using the camera.

Upon unboxing, connect to either wifi or thru GPRS to download the 3 essential programs for use with old folks.
1. Google pinyin input IME keyboard
2. Adobe flash 11
3. MXplayer for .flv media playback(according to several reports, this device can play HD movies @ 720p, however most other users experienced visual hangups due the limited RAM size...)
Ed.YEO

In the mean while... i'm waiting to see if this local design

Post by Ed.YEO » 27 May 2013 16:01

...shows up in the upcoming I.T Show or not...
Specs quite impressive...
Platform Android 4.0.4 ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Firmware Updatable3
Size & Weight 135mm (H) x 71mm (W) x 9.5mm

(D, excluding Camera),

133g with Battery

Processor Chipset Dual-Core 1.5GHz Texas Instruments™

OMAP 4470 Application Processor

Memory 16 GB Internal Storage, 1GB RAM, Removable microSD Card Slot (up to 32GB)
Display 4.7” 16:9 S-IPS LCD, HD 1280 x 720 pixels,
16m colours, Scratch-resistant, Toughened
Corning® Gorilla® Glass with Oleophobic Coating
Cellular & Wireless GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSPA
Quad Band 3G Connectivity up to 21Mbps2
Connectivity Near Field Communications (NFC)
Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n with Personal Wi-Fi Hotspot
GPS/Assisted GPS
Bluetooth 3.0, A2DP Stereo Bluetooth
Media High-Def Link (MHL)
FM Radio (requires earphones)
microUSB 2.0 OTG
Audio Built-in Dual Microphone with Noise Cancellation
Camera 8MP AF with LED Flash
16:9, 1080p Video Recording
2MP Front Facing Camera
Sensors Compass, Accelerometer, Gyroscope
Power Removable 2,300 mAh Li-Po Battery
In the Box Travel Charger
microUSB to USB Data Sync Cable
Stereo Headset (w/ Microphone)
Quick Start Guide

...@ $399 approx... ok hor?
Ed.YEO

Does anybody find the name TELEFUNKEN familiar?

Post by Ed.YEO » 24 Jun 2013 02:09

yep... you see no wrong... TELEFUNKEN, once a well known brand in the local market during the 80s~90s, eventually dies along the acquisition by THOMSON Electronics Group... gets re-birth, in RUSSIA with mobile phones???

4 incher with JellyBean 4.0
http://mobile.tech-details.com/TELEFUNKEN_TF-SP4001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4.5 incher with JellyBean 4.0
http://mobile.tech-details.com/TELEFUNKEN_TF-SP4501/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

4.5 incher with JellyBean 4.1
http://mobile.tech-details.com/TELEFUNKEN_TF-SP4502/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

5.3 incher with JellyBean 4.1
http://mobile.tech-details.com/TELEFUNKEN_TF-SP5302/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All phones are in MTK platform... So as... SHARP and LG! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:
Diospada

Post by Diospada » 05 Jul 2013 12:23

Waiting for Moto X if it comes to SIngapore.