anyone watched transformers? share ur thots!

General chit chat and off topics
magna_strike

Post by magna_strike » 09 Jul 2011 16:16

as above, who has caught this show already? for me, consider it quite gd, especially the action scenes in the later half of the movie, where optimus really go on rampage! 8-)
but so didnt expect the chinese guy from the hangover to be in there too! :lol:
Citiguy

Re: anyone watched transformers? share ur thots!

Post by Citiguy » 09 Jul 2011 17:48

Yeah, I like it too. 4/5 is my rating.
Paladium

Post by Paladium » 09 Jul 2011 18:12

Transformers in accordance to my rating

1. T1
2. Dotm
3. Rotf. This one is really bad.

It's overall not bad especially after recovering from rotf piece of junk. Not as many jerky, headache inducing scenes, maybe due to use of heavier 3d cam so Michael bay can no longer swing around that much. Love the new girl despite 90% of my friends disagreeing with me. Better choreographed and clearer fighting, again probably due to less shaky scenes. Love the decepticon watch that sam was wearing.

What I don't like:
1. Many of the robots seem to disappear through out the later part of the action and only appear randomly.
2. Why the hell was megatron doing nothing cept sit around while everything else was going down? He moved his butt only after the girl stirred shit? That was a wtf moment.
3. Ironhide was executed and there was no mourning moment for him? Seriously? He played major roles in first two films only to get no mention after his death? It's like he didn't matter.
4. Megatron was taken out too quick. For a decepticon leader he sure suck balls.
5. Optimus executed Sentinel in cold blood. Not the optimus i grew up with.
6. Optimus had some really cheesy lines, i literally cringed when i heard them in the movie.
7. Optimus appear in a cool jet pack, dispatched the decepticons in a cool manner but got stuck in a bunch of cables?? What? He can't cut himself loose with his knife and axe?
8. This was supposed to a world wide cataclysmic event but it didn't feel really epic in scale, unlike Battle LA. Perhaps they could have included more worldwide destruction scenes
9. Sentinel's betrayal felt too forced.
That's all i can recall. Shall add on to the list when i recall more.
Hoot 1st talk later!
oonik

Post by oonik » 09 Jul 2011 20:26

5 star rating for me, why????
This is why.......,,,,
magna_strike

Post by magna_strike » 09 Jul 2011 20:46

oonik wrote:5 star rating for me, why????
This is why.......,,,,
nice collection! Hahah... That must have took many yrs to accumulate! :shock:
funky_banana

Post by funky_banana » 11 Jul 2011 11:03

Paladium wrote:Transformers in accordance to my rating

1. T1
2. Dotm
3. Rotf. This one is really bad.

It's overall not bad especially after recovering from rotf piece of junk. Not as many jerky, headache inducing scenes, maybe due to use of heavier 3d cam so Michael bay can no longer swing around that much. Love the new girl despite 90% of my friends disagreeing with me. Better choreographed and clearer fighting, again probably due to less shaky scenes. Love the decepticon watch that sam was wearing.

What I don't like:
1. Many of the robots seem to disappear through out the later part of the action and only appear randomly.
2. Why the hell was megatron doing nothing cept sit around while everything else was going down? He moved his butt only after the girl stirred shit? That was a wtf moment.
3. Ironhide was executed and there was no mourning moment for him? Seriously? He played major roles in first two films only to get no mention after his death? It's like he didn't matter.
4. Megatron was taken out too quick. For a decepticon leader he sure suck balls.
5. Optimus executed Sentinel in cold blood. Not the optimus i grew up with.
6. Optimus had some really cheesy lines, i literally cringed when i heard them in the movie.
7. Optimus appear in a cool jet pack, dispatched the decepticons in a cool manner but got stuck in a bunch of cables?? What? He can't cut himself loose with his knife and axe?
8. This was supposed to a world wide cataclysmic event but it didn't feel really epic in scale, unlike Battle LA. Perhaps they could have included more worldwide destruction scenes
9. Sentinel's betrayal felt too forced.
That's all i can recall. Shall add on to the list when i recall more.

i think the movie was so so. like they say the greater you expect, the greater your disappointment.

i've got to agree with some of the points Paladium pointed out.
but was Megatron heavily injured during the last movie? if so then that explains he was easily taken out by optiums (despite only having on arm)
and knowing Megatron's character, i guess he wouldn't have needed the girl to stir shit?
i thought shockwave was too.... huge? he was suppose to be a laser cannon right? did he have that cybertronian driller in the comic too? just felt that he was taken out too 'easily'

agreed that optimus lines are cheesy, especially the part that he was begging sentinel to stop. :|

i guess the most epic and fav scene of mine was the building collasping one. however, it was quite unbelieveable that sam and gang did not receive any scratches :?: despiting crashing through the windows :roll:

i think the graphic and cars are still impressive. and its understandable that they are using such modern cars instead of the original from the comics (imagine bumble bee in beetle) but perhaps they could have introduced other cars like japanese car instead of american? would love to see a GT-R in action.

well, then again this is an action movies - when common sense doesn't make sense. ;)

btw, did bumble bee got a new body kit?
fireal

Post by fireal » 22 Jul 2011 23:21

i quite enjoyed it :)))
Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 23 Jul 2011 13:09

a bit too draggy imo ;)
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
magna_strike

Post by magna_strike » 23 Jul 2011 23:12

draggy but the final action scenes are worth it! :lol: