Regulateurs

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Jeryltan

Regulateurs

Post by Jeryltan » 10 May 2013 22:40

Planning for another "higher end" purchase probably end of te year or early next year and am thinking regulateur. Really like the bell &ross ww2 regulateur but don,t see many people own it so i,m wondering does anyone have it here and how,s the quality? Also see louis erard but not much idea on this brand? Any feedback? Scared to go ad to see,scarly bth on the spot buy :p
Generally how,s the feedback on movement regulateurs? Example i,ve experience twice and been told those 2 hand eta auto with small secs there,s quite a common issue with the small seconds affect accuracy so i,ve avoided 2 hand eta auto with small secs ever since.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ivan
HULK

Re: Regulateurs

Post by ivan » 10 May 2013 23:26

No experience.
But the watch looks gd.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2
roo7
IT Superman

Post by roo7 » 10 May 2013 23:29

I find reading time a chore.... but the B&R design looks interesting.
Not as active.
blog: https://jiehong.org/
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 10 May 2013 23:55

i remember i posted a S.I.C before several months ago when i encountered an Italian budget label before that after cutting off VAT, won't cost u more than 500eu with shipping to SG. this movement not auto if I'm not wrong. ..
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2013 00:13

roo7 wrote:I find reading time a chore.... but the B&R design looks interesting.
Ya i like the b&r but doesn,t come cheAp :)

Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2013 00:13

Ed.YEO wrote:i remember i posted a S.I.C before several months ago when i encountered an Italian budget label before that after cutting off VAT, won't cost u more than 500eu with shipping to SG. this movement not auto if I'm not wrong. ..
Oh. U rmb the brand?

The b&r is auto but louis erard is nt. someone open it up @.@ respect!

Last edited by Jeryltan on 11 May 2013 00:26, edited 1 time in total.
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2013 00:19

Really hope steinhart release a regulateur model bef end of the year :) lol. By far, tne most beautiful regulator i,ve seen is the b&r ww1 regulateur. But with a ltd edn run and gold case, have to rob a bank to buy :'(

Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2013 00:46

Another option. Hm.

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 May 2013 00:52

B&R is definitely not cheap... Remember, they have to be dependent on advertising as well as their own modifications on the movements to make their product popular and status as high as other high ends in the market.

LOUIS ERARD is the next possible affordable, but their status is about the same as RAYMOND WEIL...in the mid end.

The movement is actually a modified handwind 6498. What you saw on B&R is modified with the addition of the rotor. and the movement crown shifted to another side.
Meet LAMBERTI OROLOGIAI, the budget label from Italy, with products using movements from ETAs and those from China on their handwind chronos with watchmaking practice machiam like JUNKERS. SWISS movements mostly not decorated.

http://lamberti-orologiai.com/en/catalo ... regolatore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yan sang yew guo dak fai lok, zao yew dui yan hor see zou luo jik xing geh fan sik yu goon cha, ng hai zou yoo chun mong mok dek pan duun... yoo guo yi liong din doh mou geh wa, yat gor yan geh yat sang zao guo dak gey pok gai loh...
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2013 01:30

Ed.YEO wrote:B&R is definitely not cheap... Remember, they have to be dependent on advertising as well as their own modifications on the movements to make their product popular and status as high as other high ends in the market.

LOUIS ERARD is the next possible affordable, but their status is about the same as RAYMOND WEIL...in the mid end.

The movement is actually a modified handwind 6498. What you saw on B&R is modified with the addition of the rotor. and the movement crown shifted to another side.
Meet LAMBERTI OROLOGIAI, the budget label from Italy, with products using movements from ETAs and those from China on their handwind chronos with watchmaking practice machiam like JUNKERS. SWISS movements mostly not decorated.

http://lamberti-orologiai.com/en/catalo ... regolatore" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This looks interesting :) but somehow i would prefer this with thin hands. Maybe bcos the design that drew me to regulateurs was the b&r. Lol. But this is def value fr money. Can,t seem to get the english ver website even tho i click enligsh. Hm. I can imagine a steinhart nav b 47mm regulateur tho. Still dreaming. Lol

ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 11 May 2013 01:43

Swee swee......
So late still awake?

Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 May 2013 01:47

ivan wrote:Swee swee......
So late still awake?
Just come back ley... somekind of after alcohol stone effect... cannot sleep yet...
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 May 2013 01:53

Jeryltan wrote:This looks interesting :) but somehow i would prefer this with thin hands. Maybe bcos the design that drew me to regulateurs was the b&r. Lol. But this is def value fr money. Can,t seem to get the english ver website even tho i click enligsh. Hm. I can imagine a steinhart nav b 47mm regulateur tho. Still dreaming. Lol
Translation with GOOGLE yield...
For lovers of mechanical watchmaking I present to you my new amazing and original assembly. A nice, solid stainless steel case with generous dimensions (diameter 48 mm without crown) with polished and satin finishes with bottom blocked by six screws. A magnificent Swiss mechanical movement with manual winding watch the soul. And 'the new ETA cal. 6498-1 with reading hours at REGULATOR. The basis of the movement is produced by long time, exactly since 1963 and has never undergone technical modifications, a sign of goodness engineering. Even today it is considered the most robust, reliable and secure mechanical movement with manual winding, still in production. The change that ETA has made will please the fans of minor complications. The reading time has been divided by imitating the very precise clocks thumb wheels as a control in the final stage in the factories of the watch. The beautiful finish of the plates and blued steel screws complete this precious and rare movement. A strict control in my laboratory exhaust and precision of gear will ensure you to be able to own a watch of great quality he bought it at a very affordable price

* Solid stainless steel case consists of three parts, chest, back and bezel, processing lucidae with satin finish degree EXCELLENT.

* Bottom panoramic blocked by six screws -

* Glass Supertempra lenticular high strength, allocromatico -

* Dial with numbers and spheres treated with phosphorescent pasta (visible in the dark for many hours) non-radioactive-

* Designed and tested to withstand pressures for 5 atmospheres -

* Movement Hand-wound ETA cal. 6498-1. Exhaust rocker arm and top quality, regulated in our laboratory -

* Size 48 (51 with crown) x 55 mm x 14 mm -

* Strap carbon fiber brand Morellato-

# The clock is supplied with Certificate and Technical Bulletin on which you reported the production number and the name of the buyer -

# We guarantee the clock for 2 years from date of purchase -

We are at your disposal for further information!
Compare to STEINHART, maybe LAMBERTI sourced movement volumes may not be comparable to what STEINHART can achieve... hence a higher price tag and production cost. But, the movement is a modified 6498, hence, not cheap as well. STEINHART producing REGULATORs? Let's hope so... but when? When the movements goes for the next round of appreciation in cost?
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2013 07:39

Ed.YEO wrote:
Jeryltan wrote:This looks interesting :) but somehow i would prefer this with thin hands. Maybe bcos the design that drew me to regulateurs was the b&r. Lol. But this is def value fr money. Can,t seem to get the english ver website even tho i click enligsh. Hm. I can imagine a steinhart nav b 47mm regulateur tho. Still dreaming. Lol
Translation with GOOGLE yield...
For lovers of mechanical watchmaking I present to you my new amazing and original assembly. A nice, solid stainless steel case with generous dimensions (diameter 48 mm without crown) with polished and satin finishes with bottom blocked by six screws. A magnificent Swiss mechanical movement with manual winding watch the soul. And 'the new ETA cal. 6498-1 with reading hours at REGULATOR. The basis of the movement is produced by long time, exactly since 1963 and has never undergone technical modifications, a sign of goodness engineering. Even today it is considered the most robust, reliable and secure mechanical movement with manual winding, still in production. The change that ETA has made will please the fans of minor complications. The reading time has been divided by imitating the very precise clocks thumb wheels as a control in the final stage in the factories of the watch. The beautiful finish of the plates and blued steel screws complete this precious and rare movement. A strict control in my laboratory exhaust and precision of gear will ensure you to be able to own a watch of great quality he bought it at a very affordable price

* Solid stainless steel case consists of three parts, chest, back and bezel, processing lucidae with satin finish degree EXCELLENT.

* Bottom panoramic blocked by six screws -

* Glass Supertempra lenticular high strength, allocromatico -

* Dial with numbers and spheres treated with phosphorescent pasta (visible in the dark for many hours) non-radioactive-

* Designed and tested to withstand pressures for 5 atmospheres -

* Movement Hand-wound ETA cal. 6498-1. Exhaust rocker arm and top quality, regulated in our laboratory -

* Size 48 (51 with crown) x 55 mm x 14 mm -

* Strap carbon fiber brand Morellato-

# The clock is supplied with Certificate and Technical Bulletin on which you reported the production number and the name of the buyer -

# We guarantee the clock for 2 years from date of purchase -

We are at your disposal for further information!
Compare to STEINHART, maybe LAMBERTI sourced movement volumes may not be comparable to what STEINHART can achieve... hence a higher price tag and production cost. But, the movement is a modified 6498, hence, not cheap as well. STEINHART producing REGULATORs? Let's hope so... but when? When the movements goes for the next round of appreciation in cost?
They could do. A ltd edn :) they ever done a skeleton dial version once :) ok let,s see. I could get lucky and some1 post a ww2 regulateur fr sale :p just like few mth ago when i was looking for a b&r power reserve complication.

In tne meantime, any1 wif regulateur watches feel free to post them up :)

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 11 May 2013 09:41

i like regulateur watches, owned a 75th ani Louis Erard regulateur myself.

Louis Erard models are quite reasonably priced imo, the newer regulateur with PR indicator is nice as well

Before I decided on a Louis, I was thinking of this Maurice Lacroix Regulateur. Date function is a plus point as most regulateurwatches doesn't comes with a Date function.
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
Jeryltan

Post by Jeryltan » 11 May 2013 12:06

lunarin79 wrote:i like regulateur watches, owned a 75th ani Louis Erard regulateur myself.

Louis Erard models are quite reasonably priced imo, the newer regulateur with PR indicator is nice as well

Before I decided on a Louis, I was thinking of this Maurice Lacroix Regulateur. Date function is a plus point as most regulateurwatches doesn't comes with a Date function.
I saw that louis erard model as well, looks very interesting. It,s smth like skeleton right? Can share how much you paid and where you got from?
Where,s a good place to see louis erard? I only saw at peninsula that basement
corner shop. The only thing holdg me back on louis erard is the 40mm size, if it were 42mm or more i,d be sold. Lol.

Maurice lacroix will be abit exp right? I,m guessing atbout 5k? If so then i,d rather top up another little bit get the b&r ww2 regulateur :p

lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 11 May 2013 12:22

got my louis erard back in 05 or 06, $1.8k aft %, Watches of Switzerland(Paragon)

The former King Wah(now A-Cube) used to carry a wide range of L.E models but lately, there's not many variants there, not sure why.

Maybe you can try Watches of Switzerland in Vivo?

Maurice Lacroix, iirc, is about high 3k aft %

40mm is a good size for a dress watch imo, the L.E wears nicely on my 6" wrist.
Ed.YEO

Post by Ed.YEO » 11 May 2013 12:32

lunarin79 wrote:got my louis erard back in 05 or 06, $1.8k aft %, Watches of Switzerland(Paragon)

The former King Wah(now A-Cube) used to carry a wide range of L.E models but lately, there's not many variants there, not sure why.

Maybe you can try Watches of Switzerland in Vivo?....
WoS @ VIVO? Isn't that place was previously commented by fellow brudders that the staff there attitude CMI?
Try others maybe lah... WoS opening a new shop @ CitiSquare, which is around Mustafa area @ the end of this month. Most likely, the staff are trained to handle picky ahnehs from India who're much bargain hunters than our own SG indian brudders. I'm going there to SSRR.

King Wah(now A-Cube) seems to have lost their authorized retail dealership since the last time they moving out. And LOUIS ERARD had taken back some models, leaving very few stocks with A-Cube...
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 11 May 2013 22:36

good price

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-mau ... 55651.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 11 May 2013 22:38

lunarin79 wrote:good price

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-mau ... 55651.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tio poison liao lor