Rolex Watches , Good As Gold ?

Swiss, German, Russian, Chinese and other watch companies
Solanum88

Re: Rolex Watches , Good As Gold ?

Post by Solanum88 » 23 Aug 2013 14:24

I think even for first hand buyers, their losses are still much lower on Rolex compared to most brands out there even when they decide to flip.
Shall not mention brands but there are many brands out there with in house movements, hand finished, highly praised/respected by collectors but when you try to sell you only get back 20-50% of the price paid :lol:
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 23 Aug 2013 15:41

Solanum88 wrote:I think even for first hand buyers, their losses are still much lower on Rolex compared to most brands out there even when they decide to flip.
Shall not mention brands but there are many brands out there with in house movements, hand finished, highly praised/respected by collectors but when you try to sell you only get back 20-50% of the price paid :lol:
U sound like some1 I know....

May the Force be with you
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 23 Aug 2013 16:30

Anyone tried bringing a Seiko to a pawn shop for cash? I tried to look for Seiko at neighbourhood pawn shops, to no avail. Can only find a few ah lao Seiko models at Cash Converters. :cry:
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 23 Aug 2013 17:07

TheChef wrote:Anyone tried bringing a Seiko to a pawn shop for cash? I tried to look for Seiko at neighbourhood pawn shops, to no avail. Can only find a few ah lao Seiko models at Cash Converters. :cry:
Pawn shop laugh at u when u show them seiko.

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 23 Aug 2013 17:49

ivan wrote:
TheChef wrote:Anyone tried bringing a Seiko to a pawn shop for cash? I tried to look for Seiko at neighbourhood pawn shops, to no avail. Can only find a few ah lao Seiko models at Cash Converters. :cry:
Pawn shop laugh at u when u show them seiko.

Yah. So sad. :cry:
"Please touch your own favorite watch with your kind heart and love forever." - Ikuo Tokunaga, Chief Designer of SEIKO Dive Watches and Sports Watches
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 23 Aug 2013 17:56

Y sad.
Flip all your seikos.
Then u wont be sad

TheChef

Post by TheChef » 24 Aug 2013 10:37

ivan wrote:Y sad.
Flip all your seikos.
Then u wont be sad

:?
chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 24 Aug 2013 12:29

Cash Converter is one of the worst places to shop for watches :lol:
Astro2212

Post by Astro2212 » 25 Aug 2013 07:49

ivan wrote:
Solanum88 wrote:I think even for first hand buyers, their losses are still much lower on Rolex compared to most brands out there even when they decide to flip.

Stayin in tpy???
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 25 Aug 2013 07:57

Astro2212 wrote:
ivan wrote:

Stayin in tpy???
U oso know him?
Gold kenna sai hair.
Wear specs....

chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 07 Sep 2013 13:17

saw an ad over at swx, this one is selling for $3480, I'm guessing this is probably quite an old watch and the first owner
probably didn't lose much when selling it.

It's described as men size, how big you it the case is?
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 07 Sep 2013 13:38

chriscentro wrote:saw an ad over at swx, this one is selling for $3480, I'm guessing this is probably quite an old watch and the first owner

model is 15200
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
ivan
HULK

Post by ivan » 07 Sep 2013 13:42

lunarin79 wrote:
chriscentro wrote:saw an ad over at swx, this one is selling for $3480, I'm guessing this is probably quite an old watch and the first owner

model is 15200
U bought or
U selling?

chriscentro

Post by chriscentro » 07 Sep 2013 13:45

i window shopping :lol:
36mm including crown, very small. good so I no need to think about it :lol:
lunarin79
CEO

Post by lunarin79 » 07 Sep 2013 13:49

ivan wrote:
U bought or
U selling?

yes, i bought, not selling

just showing chris bro the measurement of this model nia :lol:
Seiko Club Gathering 2016
TheChef

Post by TheChef » 08 Sep 2013 10:07

March 18, 2010
The Straits Times

AN UNEMPLOYED woman doped a string of victims and cleaned them out of more than $40,000, some of which she used to pay for Botox and beauty treatments.

Forty-four-year-old Vicky Herman Quek Bee Lan (above), picked her victims carefully: most wore costly Rolex watches and they were always alone.

Her penchant for theft dates back years, and earned her 6-1/2 years in jail in 1999. She would chat men up, slip sedatives into their coffee, and steal their cash and valuables when they passed out.

In her latest offences, Quek targeted 14 men, aged between 43 and 75, over four months last year. She made off with cash and property worth $40,086 before she was arrested shortly before Christmas, after police traced her through a clinic which prescribed sedatives.

Urging the court to impose a deterrent sentence, Deputy Public Prosecutor Adrian Loo said Quek would have carried on her 'grand scheme of doping and robbing elderly men' had she not been caught.

'She only preyed on victims with Rolex watches on them because, according to her, other watches had no resale value and buyers were not interested in them,' he said.
telepgm

Post by telepgm » 10 Sep 2013 00:18

TheChef wrote:March 18, 2010
The Straits Times

AN UNEMPLOYED woman doped a string of victims and cleaned them out of more than $40,000, some of which she used to pay for Botox and beauty treatments.

Forty-four-year-old Vicky Herman Quek Bee Lan (above), picked her victims carefully: most wore costly Rolex watches and they were always alone.

Her penchant for theft dates back years, and earned her 6-1/2 years in jail in 1999. She would chat men up, slip sedatives into their coffee, and steal their cash and valuables when they passed out.

In her latest offences, Quek targeted 14 men, aged between 43 and 75, over four months last year. She made off with cash and property worth $40,086 before she was arrested shortly before Christmas, after police traced her through a clinic which prescribed sedatives.

Urging the court to impose a deterrent sentence, Deputy Public Prosecutor Adrian Loo said Quek would have carried on her 'grand scheme of doping and robbing elderly men' had she not been caught.

'She only preyed on victims with Rolex watches on them because, according to her, other watches had no resale value and buyers were not interested in them,' he said.
Foxy Vicky Herman Quek!
Strap Shine by Dicon: Leather Care for Watch Straps. Nourishes | Waterproofs | Cleans
http://www.leather-care.sg/product/stra ... -by-dicon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Contact: hello@jaspe.com.sg
yoshiki

Post by yoshiki » 10 Sep 2013 13:45

that's some old news, but still news to me. haha.
it is amazing how rolex is recognised around the world.
definitelydan

Post by definitelydan » 17 Oct 2013 23:15

rolexes depreciate to a lesser extent compared to other luxury watch brands because they're popular as hell. They are probably the most well known watch brand in the world .. would like to own one someday - the question is whether to go for resale watches/ grey/ or brand new (grey/AD) ..

also, considering that they produce everything (?) in-house .. they represent fantastic value for money!

this - of course is just one man's opinion
Cheerupemokid

Post by Cheerupemokid » 23 Oct 2013 22:49

I agree with what has been stated on the post before me.
I noticed that the depreciation for a Rolex isn't that huge as compared to other brands.
However, what I noticed is that those Rolex made of precious metal (gold, platinum etc.) tend to depreciate more as compared to Stainless steel (Please correct me if I'm wrong).
You buy them at a very high price but reselling them seems a challenge. I do not see this as the case with Stainless steel version.

OT:
Unfortunately, I learned the hard way. I kept buying then flipping watches (blame the itch).
I still ended up with a Rolex.